Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 911 Carrera T: a completely pointless marketing exercise

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
You’re right bro. 370 HP is so much more than 350 bro. And you got all that tork so power curve bro. Game changer bro. And even though I’ll never be a douche on the street who’ll race a .2, I can imagine my car would be like going into reverse against your F&F street-race beast.
Area under the curve bro:

The difference is night and day bro.

It is a game changer bro. A base 991.2 will run with a 997.1 Turbo bro.

Nobody with an emphasis on performance cares about your 991.1 3.8 especially in a thread about an even lighter and more focused 991.2.

Nobody with a 911 Turbo cares about 991.1 engine noises either. I don't see you in the Turbo owner's forum telling them they should trade the cars in because you don't like their engine note, odd.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,251 Likes on 1,031 Posts

One thing in this thread that really has not been addressed is that Porsche is really just responding to what many of us are asking for in a 911. We should give credit to Porsche. It's not just all about a marketing gimic.

Numerous threads on rennlist have asked for the following in a 911:

1. Shorter gears (especially for us manual drivers). I really hate these longer gears that are designed to meet emissions and mpg standards and not my driving pleasure standards.
2. SPASM available on a base model (I literally went to Porsche exclusive and asked them if there was a way they could add this option on my Base 991.2 order - no can do)
3. RWS for the base model.
4. Lighter weight 911. (granted 11 lbs and cloth door pulls are a bit of a gimic in my view).
5. PTV on a base non C4 model
6. Light weight bucket seats available as an option.

We asked, they delivered. What is the problem?

I also want to point out that we (i.e. Porsche fanatics) asked for a manual GT3 with the 991.2. We asked for a NA motor to be kept in the GT3. We asked that the 981 to be allowed to fulfill the potential of the chassis with a 991.1S engine. We got all of that.

Porsche reads these forums. I think they are delivering. I love the NA motor much better than my Turbo but Porsche is being held back by regulatory forces and they don't have much of a choice. 911T sounds (no pun intended) pretty cool to me. Just my two cents.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
Area under the curve bro:

The difference is night and day bro.

It is a game changer bro. A base 991.2 will run with a 997.1 Turbo bro.

Nobody with an emphasis on performance cares about your 991.1 3.8 especially in a thread about an even lighter and more focused 991.2.

Nobody with a 911 Turbo cares about 991.1 engine noises either. I don't see you in the Turbo owner's forum telling them they should trade the cars in because you don't like their engine note, odd.
They got almost 4 liters and aren’t running the magic 370 HP bro. I just feel bad for them losers bro.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Haha. Wherever .1’s will go, your 370 firebreather will be even lower. Maybe you can afford one of those peasant mobiles when the lease on your stoplight rat runs out bro. And maybe by then I can afford a Hemi Challenger because I’ve seen the light and it is tork bro. Because #richpeoplecarsonly and #onlypoorpeopledriveold911sbro.
I didn't realize you had a crystal ball.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. Nobody buying a 911 T cares about perceived 991.1 values. I bought my car for the performance and to enjoy driving it.

You're typing about some old car that doesn't apply to the thread whatsoever. Go rev your motor elsewhere.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
One thing in this thread that really has not been addressed is that Porsche is really just responding to market demand and what we want in a 911. We should give credit to Porsche. It's not just all about a marketing gimic.

1. Shorter gears (especially for us manual drivers)
2. SPASM available on a base model (I literally went to Porsche exclusive and asked them if there was a way they could add this option on my Base 991.2 order - no can do)
4. Lighter weight 911. (granted 11 lbs and cloth door pulls are a bit of a gimic in my view).

I also want to point out that we (i.e. Porsche fanatics) asked for a manual GT3 with the 991.2. We asked for a NA motor to be kept in the GT3. We asked that the 981 to be allowed to fill the potential of the chassis with a 991.1S engine. We got all of that.

Porsche reads these forums. I think they are delivering. I love the NA motor much better than my Turbo but Porsche is being held back by regulatory forces and they don't have much of a choice. 911T sounds (no pun intended) pretty cool to me. Just my two cents.
You make some great points actually. I think some just come here to let out their frustrations from the real world and find someone to argue with without consequence. Ruins threads but what are you going to do?
Old 10-24-2017, 10:42 PM
K-A
Drifting

I didn't realize you had a crystal ball.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. Nobody buying a 911 T cares about perceived 991.1 values. I bought my car for the performance and to enjoy driving it.

You're typing about some old car that doesn't apply to the thread whatsoever. Go rev your motor elsewhere.
I don’t need one. It’s simple logic and a formula more consistent than your tork curve bro. .2 sales declines and a .1 price appreciation to sell higher than the same models were selling two years ago is the market in action giving you a precursor bro. That’s how it works bro. N/A moves to exotic novelty going forward. The .1 akin to the 993 before it is the last and best of an iconic longstanding generation (N/A Carreras). It’s already written that it’ll sell for substantially higher than your car in the future. I’ll bet your 370 HP Incredible Hulk on it bro.

Seriously on the Carrera T. I’m a huge fan of it. I just have an issue with “purist” designated on a turbo 911. But at $104K, the best new car you can buy in the world imo. And this one is a limited edition so it actually may hold value like an N/A 911 will, going forward.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
I don’t need one. It’s simple logic and a formula more consistent than your tork curve bro. .2 sales declines and a .1 price appreciation to sell higher than the same models were selling two years ago is the market in action giving you a precursor bro. That’s how it works bro. N/A moves to exotic novelty going forward. The .1 akin to the 993 before it is the last and best of an iconic longstanding generation (N/A Carreras). It’s already written that it’ll sell for substantially higher than your car in the future. I’ll bet your 370 HP Incredible Hulk on it bro.

Seriously on the Carrera T. I’m a huge fan of it. I just have an issue with “purist” designated on a turbo 911. But at $104K, the best new car you can buy in the world imo. And this one is a limited edition so it actually may hold value like an N/A 911 will, going forward.
It's self-serving logic. I just showed you 911 values that were tanking and the 991.1 is enjoying a slight inflation due to the engine change which will tail off. I would argue that as more people realize what a performance bargain the 991.2 is the 991.1 will be forgotten. I never wanted one and never will want one.

Plus, whatever the value in the future might be I do not care. This isn't a 911 R. I didn't buy it to stick it in a garage and listen to the exhaust from time to time. The 991.1 is not going to be a collector edition anyway as it is a mass produced 911 and not the enthusiast choice. It isn't a GT3 no matter how badly some of you are trying to convince yourselves that it is.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:52 PM
K-A
Drifting

It's self-serving logic. I just showed you 911 values that were tanking and the 991.1 is enjoying a slight inflation due to the engine change which will tail off. I would argue that as more people realize what a performance bargain the 991.2 is the 991.1 will be forgotten. I never wanted one and never will want one.

Plus, whatever the value in the future might be I do not care. This isn't a 911 R. I didn't buy it to stick it in a garage and listen to the exhaust from time to time. The 991.1 is not going to be a collector edition anyway as it is a mass produced 911 and not the enthusiast choice. It isn't a GT3 no matter how badly some of you are trying to convince yourselves that it is.
Sounds like a river of denial. Or sounds like the river called denial. Wait.... I’m confused. The value of the .1 and sales flop of the .2 is a direct effect of what people value. And in the future, you’ll see this come to fruition even more so.

Try giving your diatribe to a 993 Carrera owner. You are of no bearing or likeness to the larger 911 market as whole. You, my friend, are in your own world.

Now, get yourself that sweet new T. And you’ll be riding high in the future-value game too.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Sounds like a river of denial. Or sounds like the river called denial. Wait.... I’m confused. The value of the .1 and sales flop of the .2 is a direct effect of what people value. And in the future, you’ll see this come to fruition even more so.

Try giving your diatribe to a 993 Carrera owner. You are of no bearing or likeness to the larger 911 market as whole. You, my friend, are in your own world.

Now, get yourself that sweet new T. And you’ll be riding high in the future-value game too.
I wonder why if the .2 is a flop Porsche releases the T? I wonder why there are 991.2 owners here? I wonder why I had trouble getting mind due to demand? I wonder why the X51 kits are selling? I think your arguments are flopping.

911 Turbo or GT3 performance for a fraction of the cost is appealing to those who actually use their cars for what they were designed for.

Your 991.1 is not a GT3. It's not a 911 R. It's not a collector car. The 911 T has more enthusiast appeal than the 991.1 Carrera or S could ever dream of. Your narrative is sad at this point.

Nobody bought the 991.2 to make money. Those people already had money. The 991.1 is not going to make anyone wealthy either or make any money for that matter. No discussion of value past, present, or future changes anything regarding the new cars ushering in a new era of high performance to the Carrera range.

I'm not treating it like an investment. I'm treating it like a sports car that is meant to be driven. Which is what the 911 T is about. You know, the subject of the thread? 991.1 owners are relegated to talking about their feelings in yet another 991.2 thread...
Old 10-24-2017, 11:14 PM
K-A
Drifting

I wonder why if the .2 is a flop Porsche releases the T? I wonder why there are 991.2 owners here? I wonder why I had trouble getting mind due to demand? I wonder why the X51 kits are selling? I think your arguments are flopping.

911 Turbo or GT3 performance for a fraction of the cost is appealing to those who actually use their cars for what they were designed for.

Your 991.1 is not a GT3. It's not a 911 R. It's not a collector car. The 911 T has more enthusiast appeal than the 991.1 Carrera or S could ever dream of. Your narrative is sad at this point.

Nobody bought the 991.2 to make money. Those people already had money. The 991.1 is not going to make anyone wealthy either or make any money for that matter. No discussion of value past, present, or future changes anything regarding the new cars ushering in a new era of high performance to the Carrera range.

I'm not treating it like an investment. I'm treating it like a sports car meant to be driven. Which is what the 911 T is about. 991.1 owners are relegated to talking about their feelings.
Sucks to be you then man. Those with .1’s get to enjoy more visceral driving experiences with better sound AND get the novelty of having the last of the N/A Carreras. Which means they can enjoy their cars while enjoying them as investments. Don’t need to get rich off of one. The depreciation mitigation will do just fine.

But seriously though. Your car is fast, but it’s not that fast. I’ve seen some internet douchebags who have not-too-expensive cars calling those with in this case even more expensive yet older cars “poor” in my time, or with slow cars telling everyone else they’re snails. But c’mon bro. You wanna pull the “I’m rich and fast and you’re poor and slow,” bring a helluva lot more than a 370 HP base car that’s gonna he worth less than a 2012 base car in 5 yesrs.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:18 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

What is with the hate? Driver focused options such as 18-ways, shorter constant transaxle ratio, S-PASM, SC; this is a sweet car, just the way I would order it! Except that S-PASM wasn't an option previously.

Don't focus on the weight; focus on it being a driver's car. A base has plenty of power, the S's extra power is useless on the street, but I want the handing options that the S has without the huge price tag.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:18 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not treating it like an investment. I'm treating it like a sports car that is meant to be driven. Which is what the 911 T is about. You know, the subject of the thread? 991.1 owners are relegated to talking about their feelings in yet another 991.2 thread...
Some people still have a hard time seeing these fantastic cars, as cars. They aren't meant to be stocks that you can turn over for a profit. These machines are meant to be driven.

It's about time that finally sinks in.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by K-A
Sucks to be you then man. Those with .1’s get to enjoy more visceral driving experiences with better sound AND get the novelty of having the last of the N/A Carreras. Which means they can enjoy their cars while enjoying them as investments. Don’t need to get rich off of one. The depreciation mitigation will do just fine.

But seriously though. Your car is fast, but it’s not that fast. I’ve seen some internet douchebags who have not-too-expensive cars calling those with in this case even more expensive yet older cars “poor” in my time, or with slow cars telling everyone else they’re snails. But c’mon bro. You wanna pull the “I’m rich and fast and you’re poor and slow,” bring a helluva lot more than a 370 HP base car that’s gonna he worth less than a 2012 base car in 5 yesrs.
Those heavier and softer .1's with worse handling and less torque are a more visceral driving experience? Uh, the 911 T is the way to go for the driving experience.

That is all having an NA Carrera is. A novelty. A meaningless platitude.

I hear a lot of people are moving to the 991.1 retirement plan. Who needs bitcoin when there are 991.1's out there? Not only do you have no idea what will happen to the value it changes nothing regarding performance.

It's pretty quick for stock running 11's at 118 with 'only' 370 hp. I dyno tested it showing it is underrated but who cares it's not stock anyway.

I also have other cars that will spank whatever you own. I just don't need another car in your instance as my 991.2 is more than enough for your S L O W and old 911.

Welcome to turbocharged 911 performance. Now let the people who can afford the 911 T talk about it.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
What is with the hate? Driver focused options such as 18-ways, shorter constant transaxle ratio, S-PASM, SC; this is a sweet car, just the way I would order it! Except that S-PASM wasn't an option previously.

Don't focus on the weight; focus on it being a driver's car. A base has plenty of power, the S's extra power is useless on the street, but I want the handing options that the S has without the huge price tag.
It's an awesome driver's car it is just people living in the past who take issue with it. Look at the title of the thread.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
One thing in this thread that really has not been addressed is that Porsche is really just responding to what many of us are asking for in a 911. We should give credit to Porsche. It's not just all about a marketing gimic.

1. Shorter gears (especially for us manual drivers). I really hate these longer gears that are designed to meet emissions and mpg standards and not my driving pleasure standards.

I also want to point out that we (i.e. Porsche fanatics) asked for a manual GT3 with the 991.2. We asked for a NA motor to be kept in the GT3. We asked that the 981 to be allowed to fulfill the potential of the chassis with a 991.1S engine. We got all of that.

Turbocharging was a sad inevitability of regulation. That being said, this car is proof that Porsche is listening.

Quick Reply: New 911 Carrera T: a completely pointless marketing exercise