Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Congrats
Old 06-15-2015, 09:20 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Diamond Black Metallic' PTS...

Originally Posted by RedRaider918
Any one have a sample for Diamond Black Metallic or Carbon Black Metallic? Neither of the Dallas dealers have one. Melissa W in Atlanta has not been able to provide one either. The other approved black tones are Black (non-metallic) and Basaltic Black Metallic. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

RedRaider: 'Diamond Black Metallic', color code Y74, was the color chosen by Porsche to do the Limited 'Pon' Edition .2 997 4S for the Netherlands. It is in honor of the Pon family who are the importers of Porsche (and other VW Group vehicles) in Holland.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10903181...he-netherlands

You probably will be able to see a color chip at 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen, simply because that is where they store the information on what PTS colors have been done in the past. We recently heard from Rennlister Otisdog that 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US might get a full set of approved samples for all PTS colors. I think that is a tall order...but will be happy to see it if true.

In general, PAG doesn't encourage folks to order PTS based on photos or other representations from their employees due to legal liability issues. It's a 'Paint to Sample' program at heart...the initiative has to come from YOU. This is so when you get your PTS custom ordered vehicle, you can't blame anybody else but you if you don't like it! At present, the issues with feasibility studies that take a long time to get approved (or rejected) has led to more folks simply ordering from colors already tested & approved for other customers...such as 'Diamond Black Metallic' or 'Riviera Blue'! For all we know, your desired 'Diamond Black Metallic' sample might already be on the 'Wailing Wall' at Zuffenhausen (see below)...we just don't know.

Have your 918 concierge ask their contacts in Zuffenhausen to get you more information on this PTS color. That is why you are a '918 Spyder Circle' VIP, so that you can get special treatment that is not available to us regular Porsche gt3 customers!

The standard (solid/uni) color 'Black' is available on the gt3 RS via PTS. The current Metallic on the 991 is no longer 'Basalt Black'. It's now 'Jet Black'. Both are probably also available via PTS on the 991 gt3 RS. 'Basalt Black Metallic' is also available to anyone ordering a regular 991 or 981 via PTS. At least one person in this forum has ordered it on his MY2015 gt3.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 PM
pmpsch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Met with Matthew at the Beverly Hills PE last week. Very nice chap but sadly at the time the colour samples he had were very limited.

He nevertheless did mention that a full set was on its way (in the shape of small porsches ) so some of you lucky guys might see it at some point.

Eduardo, a big thanks for all the help you are providing all around the globe...more important Porsche should be the one thanking you somehow. i find it very surprising there are no color samples associated with the PTS approved list...online search is often limited.

Is it possible to have a (as complete as currently possible) labeling of the last pic you posted? Thanks again

Patrick
Old 06-16-2015, 01:34 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Identifying the 'Wailing Wall' samples...

Originally Posted by pmpsch
Met with Matthew at the Beverly Hills PE last week. Very nice chap but sadly at the time the colour samples he had were very limited.

He nevertheless did mention that a full set was on its way (in the shape of small porsches ) so some of you lucky guys might see it at some point.

Eduardo, a big thanks for all the help you are providing all around the globe...more important Porsche should be the one thanking you somehow. i find it very surprising there are no color samples associated with the PTS approved list...online search is often limited.

Is it possible to have a (as complete as currently possible) labeling of the last pic you posted? Thanks again

Patrick
Thank you for the kind words.

Re: 'Wailing Wall'

It is Henry's (JUPJAI) great photo and we have discussed previously some of the colors we recognized...although a few are in contention. In previous posts, you have seen me & others take a guess at some of the 'blues', 'greens' and 'yellows'.

One of us Rennlisters will show up soon at Zuffenhausen & hopefully be able to document each & every color on that wall! But just remember that PAG does NOT encourage anyone to choose a PTS color based on these photos...since the latter can often misrepresent how the hue is seeing by the human eye. So it's to be use only a general guideline to establish broad parameters as to what palette is 'liked' or 'preferred'. For example, the vivid 'greens' on the wall are hard to tell apart from this photo. And it will be difficult for such a picture to assist anyone trying to decide if they should order 'Viper', 'Signal Green', 'Pure Green', 'RS Green' or whatever other color one of these samples might be!

So caveat lector!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-16-2015, 03:46 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aboodchy
Well, I'm going to eat my words: "I want black but I don't want to pay PTS prices for it".

I just changed my ultraviolet allocation to a Basalt Black PTS

My decision was solely based on the memory of lusting over a black GT2 RS I saw a couple of months ago on the road. I almost rammed the car in front of me whilst staring at it. Nothing else looks meaner than a black GT car with a black roll cage and red 6 point harnessess poking through. Might as well follow my heart since this isn't a "follow your brain" kinda car

Oh and btw, the price of PTS is $4200 here in the UAE.
Congrats, please do post pics... lots of it. It will be epic.

-Fellow basalt black fan.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:34 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm blue!
Attached Images   
Old 06-16-2015, 09:51 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ Great looking GT3. It looks more blue than violet in the sun, and more violet in the shade or indoors, has that been your impression? Above it looks like a light Voodoo.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:18 PM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
^^^ Great looking GT3. It looks more blue than violet in the sun, and more violet in the shade or indoors, has that been your impression? Above it looks like a light Voodoo.
Thanks...it's not as deep as voodoo. light blue in the sun and violet under lights
Old 06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Jamie 140 and andrewcgts added. Just read PTS approved for the GT4, wow.

Basalt Black: aboodchy
Slate Grey 6601:
Slate Grey RAL 7015:

Riviera Blue: Jamie140
Mexico Blue:
Voodoo Blue: consolidated
Aquamarine:
Peridot Metallic: hets72

Viper Green: NateOZ
Signal Green: AC SATCO, andrewcgts
Yellow Green/Gelbgrün
Birch Green: RSRRacer, juncinv, 2016RS
Old 06-16-2015, 10:35 PM
pmpsch
Instructor

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
I'm blue!
Sweet car!!

Looks like Row 3 Column 5 of the infamous wailing wall. Isn't that Voodoo?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:54 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Thanks...it's not as deep as voodoo. light blue in the sun and violet under lights
Aquamarine has so many personalities. Must make ownership quite fun and interesting.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by consolidated
Aquamarine has so many personalities. Must make ownership quite fun and interesting.
True...except PeteyDaddy's gt3 is not 'Aquamarine'. But I liked what your wrote about it in any case!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...s-finally.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z356
True...except PeteyDaddy's gt3 is not 'Aquamarine'. But I liked what your wrote about it in any case!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...s-finally.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Gah, can't believe I wrote AM ,meant Maritime. Thank you for the catch, otherwise we'd more confusion.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:18 PM
aboodchy
Instructor

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Congrats, please do post pics... lots of it. It will be epic.

-Fellow basalt black fan.

Will do! I went with lava orange interior with orange roll cage and orange seat belts too Should be pretty bada$$

Does anyone know if Porsche Exclusive will paint my wheels lava orange, along with the mirrors? I asked my dealer but he says not likely. Still haven't gotten a response from Porsche though. Oh and I wanted the GT3RS decal in orange too!
Old 06-17-2015, 02:13 PM
1198r
Pro

Originally Posted by aboodchy
Will do! I went with lava orange interior with orange roll cage and orange seat belts too Should be pretty bada$$

Does anyone know if Porsche Exclusive will paint my wheels lava orange, along with the mirrors? I asked my dealer but he says not likely. Still haven't gotten a response from Porsche though. Oh and I wanted the GT3RS decal in orange too!
Congrats and nice!

My guy asked me if I wanted my wheels painted in another colour..... worth you double checking. That would be an awesome combo.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS