991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,870 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I plan to do this stripe pattern
That's the one I was thinking of, but now I think I'm just going to forgo the stripes. That does look awesome though.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
The Touring is a total sleeper. To Joe Public this is just a 911. I plan on throwing a PTS color at it and making mine distinctive. It was upstaged by the 911T and the GT2RS on display that night. But those in the know, know this is the real deal ;
Thanks Bruce. Couple of questions if you can recall ?

- Did you note if the black stitch in the leather (the standard) is quite viable?. That is, its a genuine black stitch on the leather you can see and is not hidden ? Purpose being, if I went with the extended leather over dash, column and tunnel etc, the stitch although blending colour wise would still provide a visible / more physical contrast (hard to explain)
- The Alu trim you noted as being same on door sills, was this the "Brushed aluminium in Black" for the touring, as distinct from the aluminium anthracite which is option on standard GT3 etc..
Old 12-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Geez, that looks awful with the stripes in the wrong place. What were they thinking.
yes looks shocking. Not sure how they mucked it up. It lines up near the wiper baldes but somehow ends up in the middle and not our near the edges.... Maybe a cheap $99 job !!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlee504
I plan to do this stripe pattern
This stripe pattern is spot on. Another Rennlist guy has a Silver R with silver strip and a red line (not yellow) but is on outside edge of the stripe and curves around. Looks great.

Im trying to picture if Chalk with matte black stripe and Signal Yellow (gloss) lettering and line against the matte black per this design would look any good.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:25 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Thanks Bruce. Couple of questions if you can recall ?

- Did you note if the black stitch in the leather (the standard) is quite viable?. That is, its a genuine black stitch on the leather you can see and is not hidden ? Purpose being, if I went with the extended leather over dash, column and tunnel etc, the stitch although blending colour wise would still provide a visible / more physical contrast (hard to explain)
Yea this was a question that I had and one of the reason I went to the LA show. The black stitching is very evident not hidden. If you look at the gear shift leather hood pictured above it shows it quite well. I actually went with the full leather dash and stitching vents, wart, and around the steering column. I like the subtle yet evident contrast the stitch provides without being to ostentatious. Mine is to arrive in Feb I will post pics went she does!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Leather is for British. Never once wanted leather in my porsches.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Talking

Originally Posted by evilfij
I am thinking about doing something vintage for the seat centers if I don’t like them.

https://www.lakewell.com/en/general/fabrics

My inability to find sheepskin covers for the LWBs has my gears turning.
Any friends in New Zealand ? Should be able to assist with the sheep skin ..
Old 12-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by race7117
Yea this was a question that I had and one of the reason I went to the LA show. The black stitching is very evident not hidden. If you look at the gear shift leather hood pictured above it shows it quite well. I actually went with the full leather dash and stitching vents, wart, and around the steering column. I like the subtle yet evident contrast the stitch provides without being to ostentatious. Mine is to arrive in Feb I will post pics went she does!
Spot on !!. That's great news and adds a bit more weight to the argument of removing the red deviated stitching throughout the extended leather in my build. I am going with the painted air con vent slats, so also comes with the leather surround / black stitch as well hopefully. With the Aniline brown leather on the bucket seats, the black stitch will contrast and then be consistent. Coming together nicely in my mind now. Now just the exterior colour question.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:02 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Spot on !!. That's great news and adds a bit more weight to the argument of removing the red deviated stitching throughout the extended leather in my build. I am going with the painted air con vent slats, so also comes with the leather surround / black stitch as well hopefully. With the Aniline brown leather on the bucket seats, the black stitch will contrast and then be consistent. Coming together nicely in my mind now. Now just the exterior colour question.
I went round and round with colors, as this is a road car I felt a more classic look with the GT silver and black touring package. I really like the Frunk emblem being an actual ornament and not a sticker, much more classic look. I really think these cars are going to be a sweet spot especially if the GT cars push away from NA
Old 12-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by race7117
PS further question/thoughts on the gurney flap ...(a) Easily removable ? (b) Thoughts on making it black if one had all the other black accents (door handles, mirror caps etc) (c) going further... replacing or wraping with a carbon fibre look that matched the carbon mirror caps ?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:11 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

PS further question/thoughts on the gurney flap ...(a) Easily removable ? (b) Thoughts on making it black if one had all the other black accents (door handles, mirror caps etc) (c) going further... replacing or wraping with a carbon fibre look that matched the carbon mirror caps ?
Yes looks like most of the other epoxy jobs, bmw M4, alfa, Merc etc. In fact I think Vorsteiner makes a carbon fiber spoiler for the 991 that is similar but larger. If you had a white GT3 with the accents I think it could work personally, but as I only like carbon on the interior (which somehow is now classic? Kinda?) I'm not the best judge
Old 12-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the insights. My dealer made the mistake of telling me that my GT Silver that was locked in for December build had been pushed out to late January now so I still had a week or so before it had to be locked finally. Hence now going around the colour spectrum again and going all the way back to my original build with Chalk. Ive gone GT --> PTS --> Chalk ---> Black ---> GT (locked), ---> now possible chalk. The downside of being slightly OCD.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Get PTS. Auratium green.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Get PTS. Auratium green.
This?

Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Yup. It is listed as metallic in the PTS list.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option