Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 06:20 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That thing needs to come in green, for starters.

I will echo the wing comments. None at all, not even as option? The 991.1 Aerokit Cup looked so good.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I agree the dark colors with silver trim especially look good, but I don't think they look like racy or anything like that (which is the whole point of the touring in my view).
I don't think a wing really matters in whether a car looks hot/racy/menacing, etc. Do the colors right, put the right color wheels on it, and the Touring is going to look killer. There are plenty of badass 911's out there without big wings on the back. The only thing I think they've done wrong with the Touring is adding that gurney flap. That looks stupid, at least in pictures. I reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh. BTW, I think this whole wing/no wing, looks like a normal 911/doesn't look like a normal 911 debate is comical. Who gives a ****. It's a modern, lowered, wide body, 500HP, 6 speed manual, 911. I could care less whether my neighbor thinks it's a GT3 or an Audi TT.

The car above looks pretty hot without a wing...

Last edited by Archimedes; 12-01-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I don't think a wing really matters in whether a car looks hot/racy/menacing, etc. Do the colors right, put the right color wheels on it, and the Touring is going to look killer. There are plenty of badass 911's out there without big wings on the back. The only thing I think they've done wrong with the Touring is adding that gurney flap. That looks stupid, at least in pictures. I reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh. BTW, I think this whole wing/no wing, looks like a normal 911/doesn't look like a normal 911 debate is comical. Who gives a ****. It's a modern, lowered, wide body, 500HP, 6 speed manual, 911. I could care less whether my neighbor thinks it's a GT3 or an Audi TT.
agree the touring can be made to look very sinister depending on color, wheels etc.

What color are you doing for your touring?
Old 12-01-2017, 06:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bruce R
My thoughts exactly. I was there Wednesday evening. If you want to fly under the radar get a Touring in Silver, to Joe Public you are driving a base Carrera. Hell they even put silver trim on the GT Silver car!
What the Touring needs is a dark PTS/black to make a statement - that's what I'm doing.
I'm doing GT Silver, black trim, platinum satin wheels and PCCB. I've seen good pictures of that exact car in GT3 form and I think it looks pretty awesome. And without the wing, it'll look even better IMO; more classic 911, same reason I prefer the 911R. And our own opinions are really all that matter about our own cars. I think half of the GT3 builds and pics I see on here are clown cars, but I also think that my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to other folks' cars.

I considered black, as I know it'll look awesome, but I just can't deal with a black car again, as great as they look.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

I'm doing GT Silver, black trim, platinum satin wheels and PCCB. I've seen good pictures of that exact car in GT3 form and I think it looks pretty awesome. And without the wing, it'll look even better IMO; more classic 911, same reason I prefer the 911R. And our own opinions are really all that matter about our own cars. I think half of the GT3 builds and pics I see on here are clown cars, but I also think that my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to other folks' cars.

I considered black, as I know it'll look awesome, but I just can't deal with a black car again, as great as they look.
GT Silver is one of the colors that can pull off the PDLS lights with the rest of the black trim (since the silver PDLS surrounds blend into the GT Silver paint color). I'd do PDLS on that car, or black LEDs (but definitely not base lights, or regular LED).
Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88

I will try to get the VIN number off the LA Show car next week while there.
Thanks Chris! Maybe Santa is waiting for the sleigh to arrive that will bring your car home!
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Thanks Chris! Maybe Santa is waiting for the sleigh to arrive that will bring your car home!
Boy would I love to get it for Christmas, or better yet, my birthday on the 20th!
Old 12-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 701 Posts

sounds good.

GT silver or black are also the only colors I would choose for a GT3 touring. I have a higher tolerance for dust than most. My current DD is black. Your GT3T should look great. I have a leg injury that requires me to have a PDK car, but if not for that, I would strongly consider GT3T in GT silver or Black.

Agree that some people go way over the top with the colors on GT cars. Classic jelly bean colors look great on GT cars, but not any color.

As my car will have a wing there is no way for it to be inconspicuous, so I'm going with guards red again for my .2 GT3, which is a classic Porsche color, looks great on winged GT3, and is free to boot.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:47 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mech33
GT Silver is one of the colors that can pull off the PDLS lights with the rest of the black trim (since the silver PDLS surrounds blend into the GT Silver paint color). I'd do PDLS on that car, or black LEDs (but definitely not base lights, or regular LED).
Nope. I much prefer the base lights with the grey rings. The black rings look like eye liner on a light car to me.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Nope. I much prefer the base lights with the grey rings. The black rings look like eye liner on a light car to me.
Note PDLS lights have gray rings as well.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts
Talking

::

The car above looks pretty hot without a wing...
Is that the new 911 Carrera T?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:56 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

My incoming touring is gt silver. I really wanted a dark blue PTS - but just couldn't justify it. Plan is to drive the snot out of it for years and years - under the radar.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:19 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by evilfij
::

Is that the new 911 Carrera T?
If it was, I’d be saving about $60,000...
Old 12-02-2017, 06:01 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Probably none of you will agree with me but my build for GT3 T are all the same. The only difference is the exterior color.

- standard touring package (not the black)
- standard lights (non PDLS)
- standard finish on the wheels

If i were to do PTS my choice would be Oak Green metallic followed probably by slate grey non metallic.

For standard colors i would do black. For metallic colors graphite blue or agate grey.

For special colors chalk and possibly i’d consider carmine. I know it is a conservative red but still it is red.

My point is for the rest of my exterior build would be exactly the same no matter what color i select from the above. I like the contrast against the standard touring package, i like the contrast with the standard lights and the contrast with the standard finish for the wheels.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Another GT silver Touring here as well, but living on the edge and have ticked PCCB and the red ring black wheels. Im 50/50 if it will work or not. Some pictures to date of wheels with the red are a bit blah.

Last edited by Oldmxnut; 12-02-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option