Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Couldn't do it..... Irish / oak yes... Auratium no... and PTS is too far out for me now. I go to end of que if I start that conversation again. Ill save my Irish green aspiration for something else.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
around the steering column
Did the one in LA have it also on the steering column?

Do you think around the steering column is really needed when it is black and hidden somewhat?
Old 12-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA

Do you think around the steering column is really needed when it is black and hidden somewhat?
Im going around the steering column with black stitch as extended the leather everywhere else even around air vents so felt complete to do so. But assume if just partially doing, then agree would make sense not too.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

The one in LA did not have the steering column also not on the door ends or window triangles. All of them are complete over kill, in fact even the dash stitching around the wart and vents is overkill. It will hardly be noticed. The extended leather package is enough for this kindBut after seeing it on an R with dev stitching I really liked the detail work and I found myself just staring all around the car for the little details. Really left an impression on me. When you compare Porsche to the interiors of Ferrari I am left wanting and these details really bring it up to spec in a subtle way. My car isn't a track hound so really looking at a modern interpretation of a classic sports car. A car with some panache and pure driving DNA. I really like the feel of a track car but hate the gaudy wings and flaps and vents. My RS is an absolute dream on the track, nothing better. But on the road it's a nightmare of constant attention, this car is my bridge between the worlds and I hope to keep the RS or get a real race car for track duty
Old 12-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Here's my thoughts on the topic having been to the show.
I'm getting full leather but I won't do any other items in leather as the black stitching in the Touring is just not as visible as the contrasting thread in a be-winged GT3. A full leather car just smells better. But believe me when I say I had to do a double take to notice the full leather in the Touring.

PS the Touring at the LA show had extended dash leather but again without the contrast it's not as effective as on a contrasting dash.

The Touring is stealth both inside and out!

Last edited by Bruce R; 12-07-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Thanks Bruce. Couple of questions if you can recall ?

- Did you note if the black stitch in the leather (the standard) is quite viable?. That is, its a genuine black stitch on the leather you can see and is not hidden ? Purpose being, if I went with the extended leather over dash, column and tunnel etc, the stitch although blending colour wise would still provide a visible / more physical contrast (hard to explain)
- The Alu trim you noted as being same on door sills, was this the "Brushed aluminium in Black" for the touring, as distinct from the aluminium anthracite which is option on standard GT3 etc..

I’m not Bruce, but I might be able to help I’ve got a full leather, black interior GTS (991.1). Two points:

1. The stitching on the leather does stand out. It almost looks like a very dark grey. So there is a visible contrast that’s quite attractive. Especially in areas where light falls upon it (upper doors).

2. The brushed aluminum in black is gorgeous. I’d generally like some contrast rather than black on black. However the differing textures and reflectivity work really well. It’s subtle.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:38 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

any 1 find a video of the GT3 T in LA's autoshow?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Benedict14

I’m not Bruce, but I might be able to help I’ve got a full leather, black interior GTS (991.1). Two points:

1. The stitching on the leather does stand out. It almost looks like a very dark grey. So there is a visible contrast that’s quite attractive. Especially in areas where light falls upon it (upper doors).

2. The brushed aluminum in black is gorgeous. I’d generally like some contrast rather than black on black. However the differing textures and reflectivity work really well. It’s subtle.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Thanks "not bruce" that helps . Sat in a turbo earlier this year with black on black and was trying to remember myself, but your observations ring true. Im pretty sure now its exactly what I'm looking for.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

PS, found out my delay was a general 6 week delay on touring orders ? Ill end up moving further back now with changes being resubmitted, but anyone else ROW know of the delays on the touring builds ?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:40 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine should be here (Switzerland) by calendar week 7. No delays announced.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
PS, found out my delay was a general 6 week delay on touring orders ? Ill end up moving further back now with changes being resubmitted, but anyone else ROW know of the delays on the touring builds ?
No delay. Build CW02. Delivery CW04.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:11 PM
GT3T
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve followed the forum for a few days now while I finalise the spec of my GT3 Touring. I’ve reviewed the historical posts to get advice on the options and configuration before my order locks down next week. Thanks everyone for the great posts as they’ve really helped with this exciting process!

Mine should also be delivered here in Switzerland in mid Feb, which is earlier than my dealer was initially expecting.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:14 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3T
I’ve followed the forum for a few days now while I finalise the spec of my GT3 Touring. I’ve reviewed the historical posts to get advice on the options and configuration before my order locks down next week. Thanks everyone for the great posts as they’ve really helped with this exciting process!

Mine should also be delivered here in Switzerland in mid Feb, which is earlier than my dealer was initially expecting.
Amazing congrats!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PTS Lindgrün would look amazing on this. Bobby Rahal just did his 911R in it and it is stunning.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:56 AM
GT3T
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I got to see the GT3 Touring at the Frankfurt show back in September. It was a great chance to see the Touring for the first time and confirm to me that I should still be going for the touring package. It’s a beautiful car. Got an amazing and muscular presence as we all know from the winged GT3 and the whole discrete stealth look has been executed really well at the rear end.

My one critism is that they could have added the “GT3 Touring” badge in a more elegant and classical way in my opinion. A nice metal discrete badge like on the 911 R would have been lovely.

I’m totally sold on the new front end of the 991.2. Looks very aggressive and really suits the GT3. This is something I really prefer about the GT3 touring stying to the 911 R. Being more angular it has a new and aggressive vibe. I actually really liked the Sapphire Blue Metallic on the Frankfurt car, I just think that they should have showed it off with the PCCBs. The standard silver wheels and blue bodywork of that car would have really popped with the yellow PCCBs in my opinion and its strange to me that they didn’t configure the Touring with them when there has been talk from the GT division that ceramics are a great choice for a more road focussed car.

Loved the leather/cloth combination of the LWBs, the whole interior in black has a really classy look and a great place to be. I was really impressed by the black aluminium trim that the touring comes with. This option should also have been available on the winged GT3. It looks really great being very dark but with a texture giving it a really nice depth to the metallic colour. With the extended leather the stitching in black blends too much in my opinion. I currently have a 981 S with black leather and stitching and I share the same option that the detailing of the extra leather and the stitching are more easily missed. I would love the opportunity to have yellow deviated stitching for my Touring but as far as I’m aware its not available yet and I guess it would cost too much to justify. I’m going to take the extended leather option as I like it on the dash and tops of the doors, but I would not bother with the additional leather options on top of that as I also think they don’t stand out enough with the black stitching.

This will be my first GT. I’ve been waiting a long time for this time happen. Can’t believe I’m almost there!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option