Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 740 Likes on 403 Posts

Seems like plenty are sitting at $30-$40 over waiting for that one sucker. These dealers have no problem letting them sit pretty in the showroom as the model is so new. Seems like the ones actually selling are closer to $10 over which is a good sign for those that didn’t get to build their own and want a dealer spec or one from that guy that didn’t realize it didn’t have rear seats.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:37 PM
212moe
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gt3???

Good day guys. Im new to the forum. Having just owned a 991.2 gts... which I've traded in only on the 6th of dec.. what's your guys take on a possible allocation?? My dealer told me he has faith but.. is anyone confident that allocations will remain open?? Need good news here guys i am based in South africa
Old 12-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn

And I bet you pretty much everybody who would never pay extra $25k dealer markup on a $170k car wouldn't blink at paying $195k MSRP for the same car if that was the factory price.
Exactly. Getting a bloated dealer spec car at MSRP is the same thing as paying a moderate ADM, unless you're one of those people who just has to have the fusebox cover wrapped in leather.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Seems like plenty are sitting at $30-$40 over waiting for that one sucker. These dealers have no problem letting them sit pretty in the showroom as the model is so new. Seems like the ones actually selling are closer to $10 over which is a good sign for those that didn’t get to build their own and want a dealer spec or one from that guy that didn’t realize it didn’t have rear seats.
I am in LA and the dealers I visit never have the same cars. They are usually gone first day or at most 4 days. Every time I go there, they have different cars in the showroom or in the lot. And they are all asking $45k over. Lol,
Old 12-21-2017, 10:55 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,553 Likes on 5,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence

I am in LA and the dealers I visit never have the same cars. They are usually gone first day or at most 4 days. Every time I go there, they have different cars in the showroom or in the lot. And they are all asking $45k over. Lol,
So true.

I had to work hard to get my friend in a 1.2 GT3 at 15K over.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:48 PM
hptom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still waiting for my allocation

Encouraged by what I’ve been reading but no allocation yet. I’m only interested in a euro delivery so cars at the dealers won’t do it for me regardless of price. Still hoping i get something for next year.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:54 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got another call from Newport for a preconfigured black manual GT3 On the floor. 182 + 25 ADM. Not negotiable. No thanks.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:26 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Correct decision.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:15 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Most here would also keep that info confidential.
Originally Posted by Terrence
I am guessing most people that pay over don’t even come to this forum. I personally know of two that sold for $45000 over and actually helped a friend get one for 15000 over, and that is for a “VIP” customer.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by evilfij
I know of quite a few that sold for $10-$30k over.
I also know of several GT3s that have sold over sticker. It's true, most people paying ADM are likely not on RL. And of those who are on RL, it's likely most would rather keep it confidential -- it's just easier than suffering the inevitable RL shaming.

As for the dealers sitting on ADM cars... it's still early in winter and dealers know that as we approach spring, buyers' willingness to pay ADM will go up.

I have a GT3 at sticker on the way, but I also got on a list very early in the game. Good luck to everyone who is holding out for an MSRP car -- I hope you all get one!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:03 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,553 Likes on 5,072 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
​​​​​​

I also know of several GT3s that have sold over sticker. It's true, most people paying ADM are likely not on RL because they are too busy driving their new GT3s. And of those who are on RL, it's likely most would rather keep it confidential -- it's just easier than suffering the inevitable RL shaming.

As for the dealers sitting on ADM cars... it's still early in winter and dealers know that as we approach spring, buyers' willingness to pay ADM will go up.

I have a GT3 at sticker on the way, but I also got on a list very early in the game. Good luck to everyone who is holding out for an MSRP car -- I hope you all get one!
FIFY
Old 01-01-2018, 11:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Meh. I'm paying $10k over for a configurable allocation and I don't have a problem admitting it. The car's easily worth what I'm paying for it. And even with the premium it'll still be cheaper than half the bloated builds I've seen on here.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

​​​​​​I also know of several GT3s that have sold over sticker. It's true, most people paying ADM are likely not on RL. And of those who are on RL, it's likely most would rather keep it confidential -- it's just easier than suffering the inevitable RL shaming.

Not true for me. I paid $15K ADM for my configurable build slot, I'm fine saying it and happy I had the opportunity to go get that dream car (my first GT car). Doing Euro Delivery and the build is this month, it was time value of money for me and the guarantee of getting the car rather than wait and sweat while rumors left and right are abound saying .2 GT3 production is ending in November. Kept my build to "only" 163K so it is lower than the 175k+ builds I've seen. Average I came across for a configurable slot was 20-25K so happy with what I was able to secure. I hope the rumors are wrong and more allocations are coming for everyone waiting for an MSRP allocation, but I just personally didn't want to chance it. I think most dealers, in my own personal experience, have lists but really let the allocations go either to the highest bidder or people with extensive purchasing history. Value is very subjective and the ADM will let me spec the car exactly how I want and I am getting to do this big bucket list trip with my father to make some awesome memories.

Now on the other hand for a .2 sitting on a dealer lot, a tougher sell for me to pay an ADM but I can also understand the instant gratification of driving it off the lot and wouldn't judge anyone for doing so.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:45 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 166 Posts

​​​​​​

I also know of several GT3s that have sold over sticker. It's true, most people paying ADM are likely not on RL. And of those who are on RL, it's likely most would rather keep it confidential -- it's just easier than suffering the inevitable RL shaming.

This is very true. I know owners who have paid above MSRP. But they would never post here because they’d get run off the forum. I think being more open to them while holding Porsche and dealers’ feet to the fire is possible.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:32 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Just want to share. A new Porsche dealership has opened in Irvine, CA. Many don't know about this, but they have only been in business for about 1-2 months. These guys want to start as stealers, had 2 cars on their lot asking 20-30K over. They sold the manual, but the pdk car has been sitting in their showroom for some time, at least for 4-5 weeks. The last time I heard, they were asking 10-15K over. Interestingly, they got another 6 cars coming in, all pdk, specced by them. Given these guys are new, my guess is they don't have customers lined up. They may want to sell for over msrp, but given the current pdk GT3 has been sitting on their lot for some time and several other cars coming in, I think there is a good chance one can get a MSRP deal from them. Just don't barrage them with calls, lol, it can backfire.

https://irvine.porschedealer.com/inv...&model=911+GT3
Old 01-02-2018, 05:31 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
Just want to share. A new Porsche dealership has opened in Irvine, CA. Many don't know about this, but they have only been in business for about 1-2 months. These guys want to start as stealers, had 2 cars on their lot asking 20-30K over. They sold the manual, but the pdk car has been sitting in their showroom for some time, at least for 4-5 weeks. The last time I heard, they were asking 10-15K over. Interestingly, they got another 6 cars coming in, all pdk, specced by them. Given these guys are new, my guess is they don't have customers lined up. They may want to sell for over msrp, but given the current pdk GT3 has been sitting on their lot for some time and several other cars coming in, I think there is a good chance one can get a MSRP deal from them. Just don't barrage them with calls, lol, it can backfire.

https://irvine.porschedealer.com/inv...&model=911+GT3
How did they get 7 cars when they just opened?

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread