McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 12:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Locked in Chicago Whale's basement.
Hahaha Chicago Whale also seems to have dropped off the forum just like CJ.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:55 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
....what if I told you that they are both the same person

The following 2 users liked this post by neurotic:
evilfij (12-22-2019), konaforever (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 03:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

It is possible that Porsche told them to cut it out and stay off the Forum
Old 12-21-2019, 09:18 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Originally Posted by neurotic

Thank you.:: hilarious how many years it's taken people to figure this out. also Soulface.
Oh wait no maybe that was me?
Old 12-21-2019, 09:46 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Unlikely....unless CJ has a lot of extra free time (and a twisted sense of humor) which i believe is also unlikely.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:08 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Unlikely....unless CJ has a lot of extra free time (and a twisted sense of humor) which i believe is also unlikely.
Check how many different Instagram profiles he has.. everything is possible. But joking aside the dude has limitless energy and he's focusing it somewhere outside of forums for now. Rennlist is less rich because of his deep knowledge level for now.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Cold rainy day, but we said hell let’s go out for a fun safe drive. They actually handle well in the rain just have to lay off the throttle a bit.

The following 3 users liked this post by Maverick787:
cadster (12-22-2019), robmypro (12-22-2019), thebishman (12-22-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 09:14 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Cold rainy day, but we said hell let’s go out for a fun safe drive. They actually handle well in the rain just have to lay off the throttle a bit.

Awesome. How do the two cars compare?
Old 12-21-2019, 10:20 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by NSD991
Awesome. How do the two cars compare?
My view the 720S is crazy fast not exciting but so fast it’s scares you. The 675LT at 2800 lbs sounds goods, and honestly reminds me of a fast RS it’s noisy no insulation, and solid one of the best cars I’ve owned. I appreciate the RS bottom line it’s a Porsche, but the 675 is that good in my opinion for all the things it does handling, speed, feel, and looks.

Last edited by Maverick787; 12-22-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:02 AM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 279 Posts

Very nice. Personally, I like the look of the 720S better. I’m excited to see what they do with the 765LT, however, I just can’t bring myself to buy a new one with the horrible resale value. I will probably wait until a year or two after they are out and pick one up after the initial 1-2 year hit.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:26 AM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Speaking of mac - Where has CJ been?
he’s off trading bitcoin or something
Old 12-22-2019, 02:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

My mind would be BEYOND BLOWN!!!!
Old 12-22-2019, 05:20 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
My view the 720S is crazy fast not exciting but so fast it’s scares you. The 675LT at 2800 lbs sounds goods, and honestly reminds me of a fast RS it’s noisy no insulation, and solid one of the cars I’ve owned. I appreciate the RS bottom line it’s a Porsche, but the 675 is that good in my option for all the things it does handling, speed, feel, and looks.
Thanks I like the tech of the 720 but the ethos of the 675.

The following users liked this post:
cadster (12-22-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 09:15 AM
Egbusa
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac success

All,

I have had a Mac for three years now after owning 3 porsches from a 4s cab to the GT3 997.2. However, I still wanted more torque and speed (yep it is an addition!). So when the prices were falling that I could trade in my GT3 and get 150 more HP and 200 Ft pounds of torque for almost the same price I made the leap to a 2013 spider 12C. In the beginning I loved the car. Was amazing! Fast as can be and the hard top convertible was awesome on nice days!

But then the reality hit me. I bought the car because first owner gave it up before the expense service interval hit. I was aware and willing to pay it. However, during the process the service center accidentally added air into the hydraulic system. So when I got the car back every warning light went off after start up. So I called and had them pick the car back up and try it again. Then on the third try I told the service manager to keep it al long as you need and don’t send it back to me until you have it right. After a total of almost 2 months and them having to call Mac. Corporate in England to help solve the problem it finally worked. After 4 tries through my confidence in the car/dealership was shaken. Also, I noticed that multiple “known” issues were starting to fall off of the warranty list as covered. This had me concerned. So by year 2 the car had to go through the next review and warranty review. This process took me over 3 months for them to address all minor findings. NOTHING major but the guys in the repair shops are being trained on the cars. Because they came from Audi, Porsche, etc. and none of those cars have the systems that Mac has so they are not failure with the cars. Example for those who argue which other car has a hydraul suspension? So listing off the issues in detail for them is an understatement. After 2 or 3 try's they got it corrected. Since car was under warranty the dealership covers the fees of the car to load it into a trailer and back each time. So plan to lose 3-4 months each year in getting things repaired found during the warranty review. This is done with a fine tooth comb and they almost always find things bc the dealerships get to charge Mclaren corp back and make money.

I moved to another state and a new dealership opened up recently and was perfect timing as my warranty was up for renewal. So I took it in and they found a small leak in the power steering pump. All covered under warranty. So after 4 weeks I got the car back and the first startup showed all kinds of warning lights. Took a picture and called the service manager and they agreed to pickup of the car. After the list of “oh it was a sensor” we missed and I got it back for the second time. I drove it and all warning lights went off and it put me in limp mode to drive back home. So took a picture and had them pick the car up again. You can’t image how awkward it is after the second and third time to listen to the reasons on how you got the car back AGAIN without it being repaired! So after the third pickup they said they needed a tool (which I assume they needed from the beginning but didn’t have) and so I left it alone with all confidence in MAc gone and regretting getting this VERY expense car. I also was “surprised” when after the 3rd warranty review Mac upped the price 25% from last year! So now it was over $7K to renew the warranty. That was a surprise but you should NEVER own a MAc without one. The warranty was only going to be good for 2 more years and I wondered when this car was NOT under warranty if they would charge me for all of these “not repaired correctly” trys on my car. I was losing faith and frustration levels were through the roof. After the third try to repair the car for the exact same issues and I got the car back after another 4 weeks I got the car back and on the second drive same warning lights when off! So that is 4x in a row! I lost it and asked them to detail the car to sell it. They asked if I wanted to upgrade to another newer Mac and I said no. So they detailed the car for $250 and kept the car for people who wanted to see it. After 8 weeks I asked to have the car returned since I was paying my car payments for a car I didn’t have and they agree but said I would have to pay another detailing fee if someone wanted to see it. I said fine and got the car back covered in dirt and bird crap! I called furious and asked them if my car has been being kept outside the entire time and they said it was. So my Mac was stored outside in the parking lot because they didn’t have room for it... Nothing was every mentioned to me. So I traded the car in for a GT3RS losing over $50k and soooo happy that I did. NEVER by a Mac if you get frustrated with dealership service that take 3 or 4 times to get it fixed, warranty’s that change to NOT cover the known issues, and an ever increasing costs of ownership! The cars are amazing but it is NOT worth it if you don’t have the patience! It is a shame what happened to me and don’t know if I am unlucky but I am starting to see lots more people with these stories and issues. I hope Mac fixes this soon as the model doesn’t seem to be sustainable for cars in the $xxx,xxx or more dollar values.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:27 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

^wow...

Quick Reply: McLaren Success