Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:32 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
I don't disagree. Its far cheaper to pay ADMs than be the top dog at a dealership no doubt.

My my point is primarily to inform that these guys are out there and they want the track guys cars, so they get them.
I only buy GT cars at my dealer.

But I also bought a flagship Volvo this last year at the sister store where my sales guy also works.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:48 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
I'm not sure how people are treated in Porsche dealerships but I'm guessing very well, there just aren't as many cars as there are potential buyers.

The opposite is true for RR, Bentley, Lambo and McLaren. They all need more buyers and have cars sitting around ready to be discounted.

Having more demand than supply isn't customer mistreatment. It's also a viscous cycle because telling rich guys they have to wait or can't have one really makes them want one.
You just said prior a GT customer vs multiple buyer is not worthy.

Please grab me then new P15 McLaren Lamborghini Centario roadster and Urus Aston Zegato speedster - these are not tweaked modified parts bin cars these are bespoke no offense Porsche is not bespoke.

Having more demand than customers is just not true when it comes to Porsche - they have the production they are just too scared of the bean counters so they trickle in high production and that's where you see ADM dealers are playing games with 918 owners their own allocations etc. A dealer has a ranking and that ranking is what receives the dealers more hard to get allocations it's no different than a Ford 350R which was 40 then 30 now 5k over msrp - same will go for Porsche because they don't have more customers than production.

2RS is a perfect example they say it's unlimited but the dealer won't take a deposit. So they now have one less customer which I will not return and many others will do the same. Porsche unlike any other brand with these .2 models are sucking the life out of people - there is no doubt VW on down is feeling the heat of what could be billions and people going to jail but to make it hard to buy a high production GT is what it is.

Agree tell a person once of means they can't have it will make them want it more - tell them twice and game over they go to a place where they are welcome to do business. Cars are an emotional justification purchase play with that emotion and lose.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:34 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Coincident
GT3 RS was not available for anyone to purchase and the GT2RS seems to be a similar story.
I guess everyone on RL that has an RS is a nobody.

Paging Trackar, Waxer, et al.

Inko Rekt is holding on line 1.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612

Please grab me then new P15 McLaren Lamborghini Centario roadster and Urus Aston Zegato speedster - these are not tweaked modified parts bin cars these are bespoke no offense Porsche is not bespoke.

Having more demand than customers is just not true when it comes to Porsche - they have the production they are just too scared of the bean counters so they trickle in high production and that's where you see ADM dealers are playing games with 918 owners their own allocations etc. A dealer has a ranking and that ranking is what receives the dealers more hard to get allocations it's no different than a Ford 350R which was 40 then 30 now 5k over msrp - same will go for Porsche because they don't have more customers than production.

2RS is a perfect example they say it's unlimited but the dealer won't take a deposit. So they now have one less customer which I will not return and many others will do the same. Porsche unlike any other brand with these .2 models are sucking the life out of people - there is no doubt VW on down is feeling the heat of what could be billions and people going to jail but to make it hard to buy a high production GT is what it is.

Agree tell a person once of means they can't have it will make them want it more - tell them twice and game over they go to a place where they are welcome to do business. Cars are an emotional justification purchase play with that emotion and lose.
Yup, once bad on me....twice bad on Porsche and I'm done. Hell, I'll go back to a E46 or a E92 M3 if I have to for my NA engine fix.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:16 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612

and that is why ADM and producing demand-1 is bad, your re so right, agree with above!
Old 07-30-2017, 05:33 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Can someone please put this thread out of it misery?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:25 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianBond
i was wonder whether it was only me, but i find the gt2 rs very not that special looking, looks quite similiar to the rs
It's a 911, they all look alike
Originally Posted by Kobalt
Can someone please put this thread out of it misery?
It's not the thread's fault. The thread is supposed to be about the GT2RS, not ADM and who can or can't get them. Let's get it back on track. Hmmm...I'm going to say 6:52 Ring time I'm also going out on a limb and saying that Porsche will offer through the Porsche Motorsport program a GT2RS Track Pack, which will include the PolyCarb rear window, Rollbar and driver's harness on cars equipped with the LWB's. It will have to be obtained through PMNA and will have a "For Offroad Use Only" disclaimer on it. Even though these parts are standard on Weissach Edition in Europe, here in the US, they'll have to be sold separately and as such, will command a hefty price tag. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it
Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It's not the thread's fault. The thread is supposed to be about the GT2RS, not ADM and who can or can't get them. Let's get it back on track. Hmmm...I'm going to say 6:52 Ring time

(Car makers should not be allowed to reveal cars so early without having information to feed us meanwhile we are waiting for the order books to open...)
Old 07-30-2017, 09:41 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I'm also going out on a limb and saying that Porsche will offer through the Porsche Motorsport program a GT2RS Track Pack, which will include the PolyCarb rear window, Rollbar and driver's harness on cars equipped with the LWB's. It will have to be obtained through PMNA and will have a "For Offroad Use Only" disclaimer on it. Even though these parts are standard on Weissach Edition in Europe, here in the US, they'll have to be sold separately and as such, will command a hefty price tag. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it
It would be nice but it won't happen despite all the direct conversations and communications with AP by myself and many others. Bottom-line, they won't install rollbar mounting plates for fear of exposing themselves to lawsuits. It's crap but we have only ourselves to blame. Look at the lawsuits brought against Porsche surrounding the Carrera GT. No mounting plates means definitely no rollbar. End of story.

Rear and side windows will be lighter Gorilla Glass for Weissach Pkg equipped cars same as on ROW spec cars.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:56 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,181 Likes on 599 Posts

Nizer is correct. The roll cage actually weighs something and the rear window cancels out the weight a bit. The usa car with no cage will actually be lighter marginally.

About lawsuits- 100% correct.

In EU- if you waste your car on track- "what did you think was going to happen? This is your fault and you are a crap driver"

In usa- If you waste your car "uh hi Billy bobs towing? Could you pick up my car and tow it into a ditch please? Yes I am at Sebring international raceway, Turn 11"

Americans by and large want it all and want to constantly have someone else liable for the risk. Porsche just paid out 5-10M to Paul W's daughter. The two dudes were driving a 9 year old car on 9 year old tires at 100mph in a 40mph zone.

Very sad but you think when someone flips their 700hp (too fast for most people) GT2RS into a hedge or whacks a tire barrier etc...if they died their wife is suing EVERYONE. Porsche VW Audi is losing over a billion dollars a year due dieselgate stuff.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:39 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree with C.J. While many of us have multiple cars, tires life expectancy at the most would be three years from date of manufacture to stay on the safe side, even if tread wear is still acceptable, just to make sure it performs to its standards.

LINK:
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/mar...crash-20140326

Some car manufacturers even require owners to sign a waiver/contract as is now done by Dodge by their new model "Demon."
LINK:
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-you-...lle-1796304916

LINK:
http://www.autonews.com/assets/PDF/CA110901622.PDF

Tires are cheap insurance to your high performance toys that keep you and your car connected to the road.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Nizer is correct. The roll cage actually weighs something and the rear window cancels out the weight a bit. The usa car with no cage will actually be lighter marginally.

About lawsuits- 100% correct.

In EU- if you waste your car on track- "what did you think was going to happen? This is your fault and you are a crap driver"

In usa- If you waste your car "uh hi Billy bobs towing? Could you pick up my car and tow it into a ditch please? Yes I am at Sebring international raceway, Turn 11"

Americans by and large want it all and want to constantly have someone else liable for the risk. Porsche just paid out 5-10M to Paul W's daughter. The two dudes were driving a 9 year old car on 9 year old tires at 100mph in a 40mph zone.

Very sad but you think when someone flips their 700hp (too fast for most people) GT2RS into a hedge or whacks a tire barrier etc...if they died their wife is suing EVERYONE. Porsche VW Audi is losing over a billion dollars a year due dieselgate stuff.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 07-30-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:10 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

I still don't understand Porsche's thought process regarding roll bar mounting plates, as BMW even goes one step further and supplies the roll bar.
For example, person X installs aftermarket roll bar in their GT, a car which Porsche sells as being trackable.
A roll over crash happens on the track and the roll bar punches through the floor because it was attached to weaker parts.
As it would be argued that Porsche was negligent in supplying adequate EU roll bar mount points in it's NA models, wouldn't that fact actually present more of a risk of loosing the lawsuit?
Old 07-31-2017, 03:24 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,181 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
I still don't understand Porsche's thought process regarding roll bar mounting plates, as BMW even goes one step further and supplies the roll bar.
For example, person X installs aftermarket roll bar in their GT, a car which Porsche sells as being trackable.
A roll over crash happens on the track and the roll bar punches through the floor because it was attached to weaker parts.
As it would be argued that Porsche was negligent in supplying adequate EU roll bar mount points in it's NA models, wouldn't that fact actually present more of a risk of loosing the lawsuit?
"Oh you put in a roll bar at a shady aftermarket garage? Warranty voided not our problem"

Or some such
Old 07-31-2017, 07:51 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

What is the reason for not offering the whole CS package including the roll bar in NA then?
Another example, person Y tracks their unmodified GT, a car which Porsche sells as being trackable.
A fatal crash happens on the track, one that wouldn't have been if Porsche had offered the whole CS package consisting of LWB, harnesses and roll bar.
It could be argued that Porsche was negligent in only offering the LWB part, as person Z involved in a similar crash in the EU would have survived with the benefit of the CS package.
Another point against Porsche in court is that another manufacturer selling in NA is doing the right thing and supplying a complete track package.
It appears Porsche is exposing themselves to greater liability in NA, not less.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:08 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
What is the reason for not offering the whole CS package including the roll bar in NA then?
They don't want to certify the 991 with a roll cage to FMVSS 201, for whatever reason; cost, liability, it-can't-be-done without major part changes. Any additional profit from offering the CS package on the few GT cars that would be imported to NA with it, is probably less than whatever the additional costs are for certifying the car to the NHTSA performance standard.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS