Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Find the error 🤣
At 2mn12
Old 07-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 698 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
My dealer just contacted me. Told me only 1000 units WW. "If they get any I'm in the discussion".

So I'll just sit and wait.
I believe it, but it begs the question - why don't they announce that officially?

Something isn't adding up..... unless it's part of their ant-speculator strategy and the 1,000 units is merely a forecasted number based on expected production capacity and could (will) be subject to change.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Again there is no indication that this is a numbered limited edition vehicle.

918 VIPs we're given first crack at the 991.1 GT3 RS in the same fashion, and it was only production limited.

And same goes for the 981 Cayman GT4.

The ~1000 units number comes from estimated production capacity intersected with projected demand based on the price point and the fact that turbo 911's are usually in less demand than their NA counterparts.

Be smart.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 698 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Again there is no indication that this is a numbered limited edition vehicle.

918 VIPs we're given first crack at the 991.1 G3 RS in the same fashion, and it was only production limited.

The ~1000 units number comes from estimated production capacity intersected with projected demand based on the price point and the fact that turbo 911's are usually in less demand than their NA counterparts.

Be smart.
Great minds
Old 07-01-2017, 02:45 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
Plus those big tires are going to be expensive and not last long.

Track insurance on a $300K car is also going to be very expensive.

If the car is tracked heavily, also expect significant depreciation.
20/21 Cup2s are exensive but probably still less than changing to new slick tyres though

Tyres apart which are staggeringly expensive (for racing anyway, less so trackdays on used slicks), the sequential gearbox rebuild is costly but otherwise I don't see how the road gt3s and rs will cost significantly less to track than a Cup if driven as hard.

Plus if you prang a road car it's much more significant a hit to the value of the car than a Cup, most of which will have varying degrees of panel damage if used properly anyway.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,187 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
My dealer just contacted me. Told me only 1000 units WW. "If they get any I'm in the discussion".

So I'll just sit and wait.

That's a confirmed lie.

FSW and AP clearly stated to us earlier today in person at Goodwood that they are not limiting the production.

At 300k+, the pool of people buying is real small, some of the US dealer principals presently already stated that outside of the 918 VIPs allocations, they might not take too many after if at all, they don't want to get stuck with such a car in the showroom. They only want CONFIRMED orders before they take allocations, and 918 VIPs are the only reliable confirmed orders.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:53 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
honestly:
What is a cheaper option to smash laptimes than a GT2RS at MSRP?
What is a cheaper option than a GT3RS?

Based on operational costs, keep up warranty costs and depreciation over two years.

ACR maybe?
Maybe CJ will answer. I believe he's tracked 2 of the 3.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:54 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
Brakes. You're trying to stop a car that's heavier than a gt3 rs going a hell of a lot quicker in a straight line. And also rose joints tend to wear out a tad faster. And with a highly boosted turbo engine I'd be doing a lot more fluid changes as well.
OK, you use rotors and pads a little faster due to speed. I think that's normal. The car is barely heavier.. I think the rotors and pads already lost crazy long so with better cooling it may just equalize. PCCB's have been getting better and better..

Originally Posted by Manifold
Plus those big tires are going to be expensive and not last long.

Track insurance on a $300K car is also going to be very expensive.

If the car is tracked heavily, also expect significant depreciation.
Tires are the same as a GT3RS in size. Should be about the same. N2 spec is another improvement.
Track insurance will be double because price double.
Depreciation, less then most but probably more than a GT3RS..

Originally Posted by Metzeger
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrc9gAFQAPA
Find the error 🤣
At 2mn12
2:12?? Whattup??

AP also said the car has some lag, like every Turbo. To new that signals the car will miss some of that tremendous way the GT3 is always sharp and linear on throttle but of course that's some of the charm of a TT car. Even with vario turbo's.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:56 PM
marcvv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
That's a confirmed lie.

FSW and AP clearly stated to us earlier today in person at Goodwood that they are not limiting the production.

At 300k+, the pool of people buying is real small, some of the US dealer principals presently already stated that outside of the 918 VIPs allocations, they might not take too many after if at all, they don't want to get stuck with such a car in the showroom. They only want CONFIRMED orders before they take allocations, and 918 VIPs are the only reliable confirmed orders.
Dealer maybe told him that because if they can get you to think it is a limited edition of 1,000 aren't you more likely to want the car? Yes. Because that is the speculative thinking side of this. That dealer either has bad information or is simply trying to create the illusion that this car will be limited and much harder to get than it actually will be.

Bottom line here is if you want a GT2 RS whip out your checkbook, write a check for $300k and you should be good to go. And that is exactly how it should be for this car. Kudos to porsche for changing the speculator and dealership markup game. Also smart because now Porsche will pocket all that profit which they can plow into R&D and reward executives/shareholders.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:57 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Here you guys go. I just uploaded it. Audio not the best but straight from AP. FYI he revs it at the end!
Old 07-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
OK, you use rotors and pads a little faster due to speed. I think that's normal. The car is barely heavier.. I think the rotors and pads already lost crazy long so with better cooling it may just equalize. PCCB's have been getting better and better..Tires are the same as a GT3RS in size. Should be about the same. N2 spec is another improvement.
Track insurance will be double because price double.
Depreciation, less then most but probably more than a GT3RS..2:12?? Whattup??

AP also said the car has some lag, like every Turbo. To new that signals the car will miss some of that tremendous way the GT3 is always sharp and linear on throttle but of course that's some of the charm of a TT car. Even with vario turbo's.
Name:  photo389.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  634.7 KB
Old 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Good catch at 2M12S. Almost a good view of what the next GT3RS will be, minus the huge turbos.

Drive safe,
GT3RS

Originally Posted by Metzeger
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qrc9gAFQAPA
Find the error 🤣
At 2mn12
Old 07-01-2017, 03:16 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Guys I love this car.

Colours choice is tough. I really
Like black, Crayon and white
Those are the three that look best to me as well. I'd have to lean towards white.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:35 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by greens
Those are the three that look best to me as well. I'd have to lean towards white.
After seeing it in the flesh I am really stuck on what colour to choose. Before today my first choice was white. At the moment my order of preference is:

1) Black (if I can convince myself all CF will still stand out)
2) Guards Red with black wheels and Red pinstripe a la GT3 (pinstripe not currently offered from factory). All the CF contrasting with the red paint would look amazing in my book.
3) White
4) Crayon (Haven't seen it in the flesh yet but like it in pics)

Weissach Pack is a definite yes for me, but the red interior is hard on my eyes at the moment.

For what it's worth AP said the red interior is a must have on the 2 RS and he hates Crayon/Chalk. It's all personal I guess.

I hope it's ok, but I started a dedicated thread on specs and with poll on colour choice.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

I get the 2:12 now, thanks. I had seen that in the car but didn't see it in video.

AP said very early pre-production model.
They have still quite a bit of testing and development to do in setup.

I like none of the offered colors.
I guess if that doesn't change Silver or black with black interior.
I do really like the gold wheels as on my 997RS (for sale).

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS