Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow there is a lot of "interesting"information in this thread to say the least. We received the information on all of the GT3's at this auction and hoped to buy at least one or two of the white cars (3 was the limit per dealership) for around invoice. Nope that did not happen as these cars went for sticker or close to it at auction. The only assistance PCNA gave to us was the ability via PFS to lease these cars using the used car residuals and factors...that's it folks. Tin foil hats can be placed in the closest again for next time.....

Old 09-24-2014, 10:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Just thought I would ad some COLOR to this thread...
Gratuitous posting. Lol
Old 09-24-2014, 10:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Wow there is a lot of "interesting"information in this thread to say the least. We received the information on all of the GT3's at this auction and hoped to buy at least one or two of the white cars (3 was the limit per dealership) for around invoice. Nope that did not happen as these cars went for sticker or close to it at auction. The only assistance PCNA gave to us was the ability via PFS to lease these cars using the used car residuals and factors...that's it folks. Tin foil hats can be placed in the closest again for next time.....

Lol
Old 09-24-2014, 10:09 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that's good news and I stand corrected.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:09 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I'm coming clean....it was me with the whole aliens partnering with Porsche theory.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Also don't worry someone will somehow challenge your statement as not true..
Old 09-24-2014, 10:13 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 357 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Ok I'm coming clean....it was me with the whole aliens partnering with Porsche theory.
No,it was me.

So Sonnen,what is the buying dealers hope in terms of profit if they bought close to or at MSRP?
Old 09-24-2014, 10:21 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hawt Damn !!!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Also don't worry someone will somehow challenge your statement as not true..
Doubt it. Everyone on the forum knows Sonnen is solid.

Dan (would have a drink with Brett after buying a car from him )
Old 09-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks, Brett, much appreciated. The simple explanation trumps the convoluted theory. It seems clear that dealers who were willing to buy at or near sticker either have buyers lined up who are willing to pay more than they did, or are willing to take a small loss to keep good customers happy. I'd bet on the former.....

Originally Posted by hfm
Doubt it. Everyone on the forum knows Sonnen is solid.
True dat.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:28 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Gratuitous posting. Lol
Just wanted to "lighten" things up.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:43 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way to ruin a thread Sonnen..........now what?!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:00 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

God I love that blue!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:50 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 308 Likes on 162 Posts

Dealers paying close to MSRP for a 2014 Lemon-branded GT3 is no guarantee they'll sell for that (much less for more). It's surprising dealers would pay these prices. There's no way I would pay MSRP for a lemon-branded car. It's ridiculous.

I'll wager the second round of the remaining 20 cars will yield lower prices.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:55 AM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a cynic and non-believer, despite Sonnen's good rep.

Lest people forget, just a few weeks ago, there was a lot of talk on the forum about end of production and seeming panic from some (me included) that they may not get a car. So many of us called all over, and some even paid for out of state purchases. A lot of places (esp LA) quoted above MSRP for allocations

But as far as I can tell, no one took the dealers at offers above MSRP. This despite all the panic and people here stating that there will always be someone willing to pay MSRP to get those rare allocations.

So here we are now. For the past week I get daily emails from multiple places in LA and SF (at least 6 total-- yeah, Rusnak, that includes both of you) about "rare" GT3 allocations, now all at MSRP. And suddenly there are 20 magic cars (lemons no less) that sold at MSRP, and I am expected to believe they will sell these for above MSRP to those desperate for a car?

Sorry, I didn't make enough $ to afford a GT3 by falling for that. Hope no one does either.

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today