Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 02:04 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I realized i'm doing same stupid thing you guys are with not naming source, so here is screen shot of the email. Go google till your hearts content now.

I think there is a difference between sharing information regarding part numbers and internal info that should not be made public. Sources of the latter should be protected out of respect to them. That said, some "insiders" don't have it right at times. Just my comment and don't read much into my post; I'm not defending anyone nor am I blaming anybody for what they post.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 378 Likes on 226 Posts

Maca's journey in EU w his gt3 is another conversation which has nothing to do with this thread. Whole different animal. I enjoyed his journey through his experience as well. Nick, i'm here on the forum mostly to learn which aftermarket parts work so i can make my car better / faster for my driving at the track. What people have tried and failed. What people have tried and had success with. I take everything with a grain a salt but at least i go with what i should expect. A lot of things people who post here that things don't work, they work for me perfectly. Some people post things work perfect for them here- they ended up not working for me (gmg swaybars come to mind). quick example, 4 years ago i learned about PFC on rennlist. Much prefer over pagid.

Carlos,there will be plenty useful information on this board,believe me!
Right now,this is the " stop sale " thread where speculation is the " order of the day " . And it will go on until Porsche finally decides to end this frustration with an official statement. Hang in there.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Carlos,there will be plenty useful information on this board,believe me!
Right now,this is the " stop sale " thread where speculation is the " order of the day " . And it will go on until Porsche finally decides to end this frustration with an official statement. Hang in there.
Carlos and Bob are the people from Porsche Parts HQ in Atlanta, that were CC to me. They ended up putting me in contact with company whom makes the part for Porsche.
My name is Enrique - but thanks. Only scenario. 1 - They have not identified the issue yet. 2 - they have identified the issue, but they are working on solution which they dont have yet. 3- they have identified the issue, have a solution, working with supplied to rectify for mass production. Simple.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:43 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Carlos and Bob are the people from Porsche Parts HQ in Atlanta, that were CC to me. They ended up putting me in contact with company whom makes the part for Porsche. My name is Enrique - but thanks. Only scenario. 1 - They have not identified the issue yet. 2 - they have identified the issue, but they are working on solution which they dont have yet. 3- they have identified the issue, have a solution, working with supplied to rectify for mass production. Simple.
ENRIQUE!!! That's right!!! I knew that didn't sound right! I remember Enrique being posted before. So sorry!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Drama on the Forum..
--'The One' -- who is basically walk on water after the Euro trip -- Macca is MIA, Secret informants, Obama on Mars.. got to love it.

-- You do get good info here. just not all the time.. Ha Ha.. I''d say %40, and just count the other 60% as therapy, or entertainment.. depending on the day.., Loaner Cars, Oil Change, Car Cleaning, Configurator usage and Gotcha's ++, now PFC, and tons of time saved on researching Data-Ack w AIM-Sportline etc.. Predictions on STOP SALE are useful even if wrong as they spark more convo and ideas.. --and some bantering to make it official.. Just not like Piston Heads, where sometimes read thru 3 pages of personal attacks to get back back to the point..
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 186 Likes on 95 Posts

He was wrong. He stated Porsche was going to make an announcement last friday.

Everyone has secret informants in every sector/industry on rennlist-- so secret no names are shared. I have a secret informant in Mars. He told me Obama stopped by to hide from Putin over the weekend. His name Marshan. Yup....my secret informant told me Obama likes to bake in the Mar's sun.

My point here is its BS with everyone's secret informant. IF you have a source name it. So far everyones secret informant has been a figment of imagination.

I know someone in Porsche in Atlanta, in the parts department, from an email he was CC, by Greg Artche in Sonnen a few years ago... regarding a part i was inquiring. I'm not going to waste his time in asking to spill the beans...see how easy i named my informant ? I have his name / email somewhere buried down my email.

I don't think anyone on this thread has provided any good information. Not Macca, not Mike of CA. These, among several other owners, are very emotional- and are fighting tooth and nail to prove their point in a car they have invest tons of $. Simple psychology. They have fought tooth and nail with every board member because of pdk/engine/rws.....i don't know why they keep going at it....if you like it, shut up and let people express why they dont like it-- no need to argue. And for those arguing why they dont like it, shut up and till you drive or own it damnit. I like my wife, if you don't like her, i'm not going to argue with you why you should like her too.

If the new car has an issue, shut up and stop arguing my dosen't bcuz blah blah blah. Do i like the new porsche gt3 ? Yes i like to look at it. No i dont want Porsche having these problems with any of their cars. Not a good image to Porsche brand as a whole.

so much yapping and nothing useful. sorry if i sound harsh but im tired of accusations/defending/secret informants.
Why don't you tell us how you really feel.....

Just to be factual, I've gone out of my way to NOT be emotional, and Macca and others certainly have as well. I've stated my POV as clearly as I can and responded to others in this discussion when I felt it was appropriate. I try really hard not to put people down for expressing themselves and whether I disagree or agree with you, I try to do it respectfully. I'm certain, for example, that I've never told anyone on this forum that they haven't ever contributed good information, in this thread or anywhere else.

There are reasons why people don't "name sources", especially if they're providing sensitive information that could get them in trouble. The fact that you're willing to put someone's name out there doesn't prove anything one way or another.

I agree that there is wasted bandwidth. Almost everyone gets carried away occasionally, and a lot of what gets discussed here is redundant, but every so often some genuinely interesting perspectives and information come out. As Nick has mentioned, those of us who actually own the 991 GT3, have one on order, or are seriously interested in buying one are in this together. The forum is an outlet for our frustration and concern, but also for positive feedback and encouragement.

Apparently you don't fall into any of the three categories of current or potential owners of the 991 GT3 so I'm not sure why what we discuss here is so upsetting to you. Based on what you say, there are other venues that might better fit your model of what should and shouldn't be discussed in a forum. With due respect, though, I'd suggest that what gets discussed here is more reasoned than most of the other stuff I see on the internet.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 489 Posts

In this thread...Porsche starting to turn its elite, hardcore following into cannibals and monkeys throwing emotional poo on each other.

And someone back in HQ is like... OOO OOO ZIS IS A GUT SHOW JA!? Very Very entertaining...nexzt, ve vill see what zey do if we have somevon "by accident" post zat ve are giving schport bucket seats fo free because of ziss! Ach ja zis vill be gut! Grab ein bier volks!

Last edited by sechsgang; 03-05-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
sl951
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The responsible source for all Porsche communications or PR would come from Hans-Gerd Bode's org. (VP of Comms Head of Public Relations and Media Porsche AG The Board of Management of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart).
Per my previous post he's only spoken once about this matter with any type of detail.

His twitter handle: https://twitter.com/HansGerdBode

They could probably work on the social media PR front on this
Old 03-05-2014, 03:10 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sl951
The responsible source for all Porsche communications or PR would come from Hans-Gerd Bode's org. (VP of Comms Head of Public Relations and Media Porsche AG The Board of Management of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart).
Per my previous post he's only spoken once about this matter with any type of detail.

His twitter handle: https://twitter.com/HansGerdBode

They could probably work on the social media PR front on this
Thx.. and don't forget @MariaSharapova! Porsche Ambassador.. --We should ask her about the STOP SALE at her next press conference, since they skipped us at Geneva.

--Sources says she just signed off on the QA test for the fix..
Attached Images  

Last edited by LateBrake911; 03-05-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:11 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Thx.. and don't forget @MariaSharapova! Porsche Ambassador.. --We should ask her about the STOP SALE at her next press conference, since they skipped us at Geneva.
Lol, lets see if she has a gag order... ... ...
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 186 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
In this thread...Porsche starting to turn its elite, hardcore following into cannibals and monkeys throwing emotional poo on each other.

And someone back in HQ is like... OOO OOO ZIS IS A GUT SHOW JA!? Very Very entertaining...nexzt, ve vill see what zey do if we have somevon "by accident" post zat ve are giving schport bucket seats fo free because of ziss! Ach ja zis vill be gut! Grab und bier volks!
haha. This may be before the time of many people here, but have you ever seen the old Twilight Zone episode where the invading aliens screw with the good folks on Maple Street just by manipulating the power grid, turning the lights on and off randomly at different houses? Hate to think what will happen if some people's cars end up being affected by this and others aren't....
Old 03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by sechsgang

And someone back in HQ is like... OOO OOO ZIS IS A GUT SHOW JA!? Very Very entertaining...nexzt, ve vill see what zey do if we have somevon "by accident" post zat ve are giving schport bucket seats fo free because of ziss! Ach ja zis vill be gut! Grab und bier volks!
That's hilarious and entirely possible!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Thx.. and don't forget @MariaSharapova! Porsche Ambassador.. --We should ask her about the STOP SALE at her next press conference, since they skipped us at Geneva. --Sources says she just signed off on the QA test for the fix..
Lol!
I'd ask her/propose something else...but shhhh...it's between us...
Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even in Porsche in Germany I am willing to bet this is being kept to just the few people involved in the fix. Just because you are part of the organization does not mean you know what is going on with the GT3. Just because some one hears something from an internal Porsche employee does not mean they know any thing on this issue.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 165 Posts

At this point, an official announcement will be a letdown....... I'm waiting anxiously too, and the lack of info IS frustrating. That said, there is no upside to Porsche to leave an information vacuum. I'm sure as soon as THEY KNOW (or shortly thereafter) WE will know. Until then, I will try and be patient and play with my other toys.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?