Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:11 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the call today and asked about the loaner. Rep told me that would be something to discuss provided my car is not delivered in reasonable proximity to last estimated date (which is early May). I did inquire about production status and she told me all production has stopped - fwiw she didn't have any further detail on production (ie how, why, when, etc) so I think the jury is still out on if cars are being half completed, fully completed or not at all. Lastly she said they are working on a "number of potential packages" to "compensate" owners but, again, didn't provide any more color.
It's 10 degrees here so I can't say I am currently missing too much, but i feel for you guys in warmer weather.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:49 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JB991
I'd assume loaners are for those that physically have a GT3 in their possession. Whether they turned the car in or parked it, the car is paid for/financed. Not sure why they'd give you a loaner for something you only have a deposit on.
+1. Makes no sense whatsoever. Sticking to Ferraris is a good idea.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:51 AM
Elephant Chuck
Former Vendor

I got a 2014 Cayenne loaner. While a 991 would have been a better sub for the GT3, I actually wanted the Cayenne. I've been considering this vehicle and think of this an extended test drive, a chance to really check it out.

While it is a 2014 this Cayenne has about 4700 miles on the clock, it is not a new off-the-lot vehicle. Are others getting zero miles new cars?
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
You have far greater faith in Porsche to do right by all then I do based on their handling of the 997.2 CL debacle...Obvious engineering failure dismissed as track use and their fix??? A customer funded maintenance schedule... Actions speak louder than words...

Sure, they may hold customers up and get the 991 to a standard that it doesn't spontaneously combust on the street but will they stand by failures on track once these cars actually get some proper use? Or will they just introduce a maintenance rebuild schedule for the motor too or just reject such failures for warranty???

The only reason Porsche have given this any proactive consideration is because they've been street based failures in cars just delivered days earlier... Plenty of 997.2s appeared on youtube sliding sideways down tracks with wheels missing. Did it phase them? Nope, they just had the content removed...

Safety? I doubt it... Plenty of guys lost wheels at 100mph in the 997 GT forum due to their shody, under-engineered and unnecessary CLs and I didn't see Porsche flinch.
VERY TRUE!!! It also took a class action lawsuit for Porsche to admit their pre-2006 Carrera engines with IMS had a flawed design which yielded complete engine failure requiring a new engine. Poor folks who bought one after warranty expired had to pay $25K+ when it went poof just cruising down the street!

Porsche is part of a large public automotive company, their #1 goal is to make money, and if this failure for such a new car didn't result in them losing face on a new designed car, they wouldn't have done anything like they didn't do for CL wheels.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No new from Geneva then. This from the UK Telegraph newspaper:-

With no new road cars to show off at Geneva (and still the ongoing fire issues with its new GT3), Porsche is using the show to present its 919 LMP1 race car.

Last edited by FLM911; 03-04-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typos from the iphone!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be monitoring the auto mags / blogs to see if anyone is able to tease out some info / answers from Porsche during the show.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Clocked
Racer

Porsche NA called me this morning to tell me that my car is no longer in production as they have shut down all production of the GT3's. They said it was an engine problem that they do not have a fix for at this time. She said they have no timeframe to provide when production will start up again.

I asked for a loaner and she said a regional rep will contact me this week.

This is my view is a major black eye for Porsche. I really liked Porsche in 2007 to 2009 and then lost interest and went to Ferrari. After 3 Ferrari's i put my toe in the water with Porsche and they just lost me. Not sure if I will take delivery of the car but will depend on the delay period.

Wish the best for everyone and if I had the GT3 now and just got this news I would be really pissed. I think we are in this for the long haul.

Thanks Porsche!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:22 AM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Yuck
Old 03-04-2014, 10:33 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Porsche NA called me this morning to tell me that my car is no longer in production as they have shut down all production of the GT3's. They said it was an engine problem that they do not have a fix for at this time. She said they have no timeframe to provide when production will start up again.

This is my view is a major black eye for Porsche. I really liked Porsche in 2007 to 2009 and then lost interest and went to Ferrari. After 3 Ferrari's i put my toe in the water with Porsche and they just lost me. Not sure if I will take delivery of the car but will depend on the delay period.

Wish the best for everyone and if I had the GT3 now and just got this news I would be really pissed. I think we are in this for the long haul.

Thanks Porsche!!!
I am surprised they told you that, considering they have been very quite. I wonder what made them change their tone?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
mikemiaos
Instructor

Thanks Porsche!!!
Is production of yours started? I have a May production, just don't know if I am eligible for a loaner...
Old 03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Clocked
Racer

I have the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management report from my dealer which shows all stages of production.

Production started on 2/3/2014, then went into the body shop on 2/11, then exited production (body and engine not married at this point) on 2/14 and that is when production was halted on my car. The next step was to join the engine with the body and that did not happen.

Sorry for the bad news.

BTW I asked a lot of questions when they called and I think that is whey they started to share the information that I posted above.

They did have a case number about my car which they provided to me.

I would suggest for those that have cars in production call Porsche NA and if they give you other news please post.

BTW, my delar had no clue that they stopped production. Appears they are calling "owners" before telling the dealers..
Old 03-04-2014, 11:06 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts
Unhappy

I also talked PCNA yesterday, I got the same thing. A regional rep will call me sometime this week to work out the loaner.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
I also talked PCNA yesterday, I got the same thing. A regional rep will call me sometime this week to work out the loaner.
Is yours in production?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:24 AM
blockbuster
Intermediate

Default GT3 Production Halted

Forgive me if this news has already been posted, but I had a call today with Porsche North America in which they indicated that there were "potential engine issues" with the GT3 and that Porsche technicians were working "round the clock" to identify the problem so that it can be fixed. The representative then said that the GT3 production line had been halted in the meantime.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?