Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Unless he doesn't know the visual difference between a base 911 and a GT3. If he does, there is no reason to lie about what he saw.
Are GT3's even made on the same lines as a 991? I thought the GT3 came out of a different facility??
Old 03-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 779 Likes on 361 Posts

Unless he doesn't know the visual difference between a base 911 and a GT3. If he does, there is no reason to lie about what he saw.

Again, if true this is significant news. Porsche would not be building new GT3's unless they have isolated and fixed the problem. In may not immediately help those of us who have had our car built but at least we now know we are nearing the end.
Or if they were confident it was a minor (relatively) fix. I sure hope so. I sold the TTS cab last week in anticipation of having the GT3 for spring.

I'm first in line at DFC in Toronto for the RS, but I can't imagine that car getting produced with PTS until next summer now.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Again, if true this is significant news. Porsche would not be building new GT3's unless they have isolated and fixed the problem. In may not immediately help those of us who have had our car built but at least we now know we are nearing the end.
Im sure we will hear from DSC999 that he knows a wing when he sees one. I can't imagine touring the factory and not knowing the difference between a 991 and a 991 GT3, but I guess it's possible.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Guys... Sorry I have been missing in action for couple of weeks. I attended a rally school close to Seattle with another member from the Rennlist last week, and this week I had a medical procedure. I just wanted to share quickly with you what PCNA will be releasing to you soon from a reliable contact... Please see below the proposed letter..... This is fresh info and very credible and I will stand behind it and just want to give you some of the good news... Mark

“Dear [Title] [Last_Name]:
Since our last email communication to you, we have continued our direct contact with the engineers at Porsche AG in Germany. They have been working tirelessly to determine the root cause of the issues affecting some 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 vehicles. Last evening, we were informed that they were very close to finalizing their analysis. It will take us a few more days to solidify some of the details, and as soon as we have a more definitive resolution, we will call you to share the news. Please expect a phone call from us towards the middle to end of next week.

Please be assured that this issue continues to have the highest levels of priority and visibility throughout the Porsche organization worldwide, and that Porsche is committed to continuing to earn your trust. We are confident that our determination of the reasons for the issue and its solution are now days away.

Thank you for your continued patience as we ensure that you can enjoy the high standards of performance and safety to which your GT3 was designed and engineered. We take your loyalty to Porsche very seriously and we appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.”
Old 03-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

What's the date of that note? ^^^
Old 03-07-2014, 04:32 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

By the way the rally school which is called Dirtfish is a blast and will be posting some videos of us driving sideways and having too much fun. Mark

Last edited by mqandil; 03-11-2014 at 02:06 AM.
2padels
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the factory tour in December and yes, all 911 models including GT3 and Cup cars role on the same assembly line. Boxters as well. I saw GT3 hanging right in front of a Cup Car as it entered the "wedding" or "marriage" part of the assembly (body meets engine/drivetrain chassis), thing of beauty to witness. On a different note, I can tell you that mine has been sitting in Emden for several weeks now, kills me to think that it may be outside breathing the salt air. My dealer told me that the week before last, "Porsche guys" came to visit a newly delivered GT3, waited for the service department to empty, closed the doors and worked during the night. No other info regarding what was done or if the engine was dropped or gone. Top secret. My $0.02
mqandil
Rennlist Member

The note has not been released yet but may go out today. Mark
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I can confirm that letter--I literally just got it this AM from my dealer also.

I believe the takeaways are that we should hear some thing next week AND it's possible that not all cars are affected AND a fix / timetable may well be in the works!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by 2padels
I took the factory tour in December and yes, all 911 models including GT3 and Cup cars role on the same assembly line. Boxters as well. I saw GT3 hanging right in front of a Cup Car as it entered the "wedding" or "marriage" part of the assembly (body meets engine/drivetrain chassis), thing of beauty to witness. On a different note, I can tell you that mine has been sitting in Emden for several weeks now, kills me to think that it may be outside breathing the salt air. My dealer told me that the week before last, "Porsche guys" came to visit a newly delivered GT3, waited for the service department to empty, closed the doors and worked during the night. No other info regarding what was done or if the engine was dropped or gone. Top secret. My $0.02
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mqandil
The note has not been released yet but may go out today. Mark
Thank you.

Originally Posted by 0Q991
I can confirm that letter--I literally just got it this AM from my dealer also.

I believe the takeaways are that we should hear some thing next week AND it's possible that not all cars are affected AND a fix / timetable may well be in the works!
Hope so.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's like everyone one is hooked on Heroine in this room but there is nothing to satisfy the desperation. I don't know if that letter is positive or not but it makes me feel a lot better!
Old 03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Dear Mr. Grant:

Since our last communication to you, we have continued our direct contact with the engineers at Porsche AG in Germany. They have been working tirelessly to determine the root cause of the issues affecting some 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 vehicles. Last evening, we were informed that they were very close to finalizing their analysis. It will take us a few more days to solidify some of the details, and as soon as we have a more definitive resolution, we will call you to share the news. Please expect a phone call from us towards the middle to end of next week.

Please be assured that this issue continues to have the highest levels of priority and visibility throughout the Porsche organization worldwide, and that Porsche is committed to continuing to earn your trust. We are confident that our determination of the reasons for the issue and its solution are now days away.

Thank you for your continued patience as we ensure that you can enjoy the high standards of performance and safety to which your GT3 was designed and engineered. We take your loyalty to Porsche very seriously and we appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Old 03-07-2014, 04:47 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I just received the following email from PCNA:

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

Since our last communication to you, we have continued our direct contact with the engineers at Porsche AG in Germany. They have been working tirelessly to determine the root cause of the issues affecting some 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 vehicles. Last evening, we were informed that they were very close to finalizing their analysis. It will take us a few more days to solidify some of the details, and as soon as we have a more definitive resolution, we will call you to share the news. Please expect a phone call from us towards the middle to end of next week.

Kind regards,

Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Letter from Porsche on the Update

So I just got this letter with an update from Porsche.......

"Dear Mr. Chaudhary:

Thank you for your continued patience as we ensure that you can enjoy the high standards of performance and safety to which your GT3 was designed and engineered. We take your loyalty to Porsche very seriously and we appreciate it."

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?