Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:01 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Gentlemen, I appreciate the kind words. As I stated earlier, information whether good, bad or unverifiable is still worth posting. Leave it to each individual to draw their own conclusions.

We are a community of car lovers. We become desperate for information when our beloved cars are taken away from us. This forum is a peaceful island in a sea of trouble. We should not allow our island sink into the raging sea.

Personally, I would like Macca and Mike to post more. As for Enrique, I totally understand where he is coming from. All I say is cut us some slack. Without our cars, we need communication regardless of its validity or source. I find solace in accessing this site and reading what others are hearing.
Agreed; well put.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

For what it's worth... I have been informed that my April 4th leave factory date has now been moved to April 11th. I want to hope that the factory didn't just ***** nilly pick a week extension, rather that they have actually figured the production delay and worked out the back log time table. I have seen in other posts that some March dates were delayed by two weeks. This might be an encouraging trend. Anything to keep my spirits up.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
For what it's worth... I have been informed that my April 4th leave factory date has now been moved to April 11th. I want to hope that the factory didn't just ***** nilly pick a week extension, rather that they have actually figured the production delay and worked out the back log time table. I have seen in other posts that some March dates were delayed by two weeks. This might be an encouraging trend. Anything to keep my spirits up.
That's good news. My May 16 EU pick up has not been changed and I have not gotten any calls. Hopefully that means they expect to catch up.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:28 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks for this. Did you just speak with your dealer today for this info?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

***** nilly dates
Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
***** nilly dates
Lol exactly, I'm just waiting for the thread that states," Porsche has found the problem, take your car to the Dealer and get it fixed!"
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
Lol exactly, I'm just waiting for the thread that states," Porsche has found the problem, take your car to the Dealer and get it fixed!"
.. Yep.. and it looks like you don't need a loaner.. ROTFLMAO. -- guess some guy lucky Chap on Piston Head 'said' he got a 50th anv 911.. interesting..

Last edited by LateBrake911; 03-06-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Jaypod
Instructor

Dates don't mean anything at this point other than production seems to continue, my car exited production 2/24 and is was expected to be completed on 2/28 but is now showing 4/4 in the system. I suspect this will change once PAG makes an announcement regarding fix etc.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
.. Yep.. and it looks like you don't need a loaner.. ROTFLMAO. -- guess some guy in Piston Head 'said' he got a 50th anv 911.. interesting..
That happened after he had his " source " within PAG intervene... LOL!
Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add one more point to customer service to those that have received your GT3 (mine was in production but was halted on February 14th), if I am not mistaken the first delivery of these cars was to those customers that ordered a 918 and had to put down ( at least my dealer required in the US) $250k. (I did not order a 918)

Thus Porsche is "playing" with customers that have committed about $1 million for a 918 and treating them like this? Meaning lack of information and for those that have not been offered loaners etc.

If I was a 918 customer and getting treating like this I would run not only from the GT3 but ask for all my money back on the 918.

If Porsche can't get a new engine right on the GT3, what is going to happen with the 918's??

If there is any group of Porsche customers that can get to Porsche real fast is those that have a GT3 and have a 918 order. Any business would want to listen to there Best Customers.

Just saying.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by Clocked
Just to add one more point to customer service to those that have received your GT3 (mine was in production but was halted on February 14th), if I am not mistaken the first delivery of these cars was to those customers that ordered a 918 and had to put down ( at least my dealer required in the US) $250k. (I did not order a 918)

Thus Porsche is "playing" with customers that have committed about $1 million for a 918 and treating them like this? Meaning lack of information and for those that have not been offered loaners etc.

If I was a 918 customer and getting treating like this I would run not only from the GT3 but ask for all my money back on the 918.

If Porsche can't get a new engine right on the GT3, what is going to happen with the 918's??

If there is any group of Porsche customers that can get to Porsche real fast is those that have a GT3 and have a 918 order. Any business would want to listen to there Best Customers.

Just saying.
If you ordered a 918, you'd probably be more concerned that your $900k car is a full level below the P1 in terms of performance according to Sutcliffe, Harris and the others that offered up comparisons, but I digress...

On the issue of communication: They called all of us and said there may be a potential engine issue and they're working hard on sorting it out and will be in touch as soon as they know more. What else do you want? The latest guesswork on the potential problem, engineering theories on possible solutions? Think about it, it's completely impractical.

Other manufacturers, like Ferrari and Lamborghini have had the issues with fires and recalls. Did you hear about those? What about Aston recalling cars more recently? You see, it isn't unusual to have issues; it is, in fact, becoming normal for new exotics. And I'm sure the response is similar from each manufacturer.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:54 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks for this. Did you just speak with your dealer today for this info?
I spoke to the dealer. They went into the PCN portal and checked all the dates. Everything was pushed out a week from a month ago. This might be absolutely nothing other than a ***** nilly BS extension. Where they keep pushing it out a week at a time. But up until today nothing had changed. So I am just clinging to anything to pacify myself. Stay tuned right?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 779 Likes on 361 Posts

Porsche Canada finally called me.

Useless call. Dummy reading from a script. Couldn't tell me if production had stopped nor any time estimates. Didn't ask her about potential compensation as I was afraid I'd have to define the word compensation.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan 39. Your comment about Ferrari and the fire of the 2010's due to a glue issue, my Ferrari dealer called me as soon as it broke out (I had a 2011 on order) and said Ferrari had told the dealers what the issue was and that all fixes would be done at the dealership.

This is NOT about Ferrari or any other car. This is about Porsche and Porsche only.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If I had a 918 on order and have already received my GT3 and got no info except what we have now, I wouldn't be pissed at all knowing that their legal department likely have something to do with silence until the issue is identified with 100% certainty then fixed with 100% certainty. That said, I would be very worried that my 1 million dollar car may have a shared failed component and sure as hell, would want them to take all the time they need before it too catches fire post marketing.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?