Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

^^Well what did you get offered?^^
Old 04-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Have a look at the Compensation thread I started 3 weeks ago. Post #1.

I believe it was comp based on 175E per day at the time I wrote amounted to approx 4500 USD. I havce not revisited it for clarification as I am awaiting ammunition in the form of other peoples experiences in other markets - however safe to say Ive heard from two other European GT3 owners who have been also offered 175E per day (voucher) so I believe its consistent message across Euro markets at least....
Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Nick makes good points.

I have to laugh however, when I read people saying they are keeping the car forever. Look at everyone's signature line, we've all owned previous cars. There is no car that anyone will keep forever. All cars are bought to be sold, this one included. Sam_Tx excluded for how long he has kept his 360.
Ask him how long he had his TTS. Lol
Old 04-06-2014, 11:34 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 285 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Have a look at the Compensation thread I started 3 weeks ago. Post #1.

I believe it was comp based on 175E per day at the time I wrote amounted to approx 4500 USD. I havce not revisited it for clarification as I am awaiting ammunition in the form of other peoples experiences in other markets - however safe to say Ive heard from two other European GT3 owners who have been also offered 175E per day (voucher) so I believe its consistent message across Euro markets at least....
I suspect a lot of people still in are poker players. Porsche doesn't seem to be in any hurry to show their hand.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
On the other hand I really loved shifting the tough old bird last week until I crashed it anyway crashing (tire went down) makes me rethink $$$ track cars...
Sorry to hear that, hope any damage was minor. I also have reservations about risking big $$$ cars on track. It's one reason I autocross. Yeah, I know all about a day wasted waiting around in the sun but it's a way to exercise the car with minimal risk.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:56 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nick makes good points.

I have to laugh however, when I read people saying they are keeping the car forever. Look at everyone's signature line, we've all owned previous cars. There is no car that anyone will keep forever. All cars are bought to be sold, this one included. Sam_Tx excluded for how long he has kept his 360.
Well, considering I only put a thousand miles on it the past two years, I am having second thoughts about keeping it "forever". For the time being, I got on the i8 list with the plan being trading the 360 in but I'm so conflicted. One is old school, queen of its class back in the day and one top tech for 2015.

Originally Posted by carcommander
Ask him how long he had his TTS. Lol
I do miss that car. The fastest I ever had or been in, ever. If I just had a few oil wells...
Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Nick makes good points.

It depends. Laugh if you like, Blue, but I will keep this car at least 10 years. Not saying I won't buy other cars in the meantime, but when I find a car I like I keep it. I owned my '84 Carrera for 13 years and my Lotus for 12.

Anyway, in 10 years I'll be 74 and probably not too concerned about getting a new autocross car. In any event, depreciation on a 2014 991 GT3 that by then I will have enjoyed for a decade, will be a very minor concern. I think I'd rather hang on to the car and let my kids sell it someday.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Thanks Macca, I was sure happy once the car stopped moving and nothing hurt
I had visions pain of waking up in the ambulance for a few seconds.
Now hoping it will be fixed before my 30 track days in CA in 3 months start. I maybe have to buy a plan B if not fixed in 14 days..

I hope compensation is enough and I hope the cars will be OK after they will be tracked a lot! Porsche needs to come through, it's taking too long had I owned the car.

What tracks? I'm supposed to be in Kiwiland for most of December, maybe I can rent a non-outlander, maybe even a Ute and find a track day!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:59 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

On the other hand I really loved shifting the tough old bird last week until I crashed it anyway crashing (tire went down) makes me rethink $$$ track cars...
Yikes. Sorry to hear and hope it's operational and back in business soon.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Sorry to hear that, hope any damage was minor. I also have reservations about risking big $$$ cars on track. It's one reason I autocross. Yeah, I know all about a day wasted waiting around in the sun but it's a way to exercise the car with minimal risk.
No not minor. I always had track insurance in the RS, but this car was too cheap...

Glad I was in a halo seat, cage, etc.. This was Sunday a week ago.
I put picks on 964 forum "crash damage"
Old 04-07-2014, 12:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It depends. Laugh if you like, Blue, but I will keep this car at least 10 years. Not saying I won't buy other cars in the meantime, but when I find a car I like I keep it. I owned my '84 Carrera for 13 years and my Lotus for 12.

Anyway, in 10 years I'll be 74 and probably not too concerned about getting a new autocross car. In any event, depreciation on a 2014 991 GT3 that by then I will hav
e enjoyed for a decade, will be a very minor concern. I think I'd rather hang on to the car and let my kids sell it someday.
I said I'll keep it forever of each RS I bought lol....
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyway, in 10 years I'll be 74 and probably not too concerned about getting a new autocross car. In any event, depreciation on a 2014 991 GT3 that by then I will have enjoyed for a decade, will be a very minor concern. I think I'd rather hang on to the car and let my kids sell it someday.

Agree Mike, I can't see any other car coming close to this car and mine will be a keeper as well. Just look at Macca pictures. Sex on wheels. He needs to stop posting pictures. It makes it more difficult!!!! All we need is the damn car now. I need to go watch the Hitler video now.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

No not minor. I always had track insurance in the RS, but this car was too cheap...

http://youtu.be/McKAI0sxUkI
Owwww.....ouch.....really sorry. Glad you're ok.

I said I'll keep it forever of each RS I bought lol....
I'm sure. When you get to be my age though, your perspective tends to change about some things. Check back in a few years and we can discuss.

Originally Posted by silverrules
Agree Mike, I can't see any other car coming close to this car and mine will be a keeper as well. Just look at Macca pictures. Sex on wheels. He needs to stop posting pictures. It makes it more difficult!!!! All we need is the damn car now. I need to go watch the Hitler video now.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

http://youtu.be/McKAI0sxUkI
wow, quite the impact!
That was some serious speed.
What do you figured happened?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Mercel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca's photos seal the deal: I'm getting a 2015 in white.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?