Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
I attended the press conference (I was in Geneva on the first press day last Tuesday). The orange is stuning, deep orange. Not like the 997.1 GT3 RS which was much lighter. I think I will take it.
Sorry this is subjective and a PITA to figure out;
Deeper Orange?
So, darker but real orange? Or redish or just orange with a little red in it? Can the color ever be judged as red?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:36 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpstone
That orange is hard to get / describe! Its not going into red! Its more the 2nd from right! Depending on where the lights are it looks cool and sometimes so la la to me! The closest real colour u can see online is that long porsche video of the gt3rs on youtube! When i take pics with the iphone6 it seems red but it isnt! Its def not getting into red tones! Lamborghini has the same colour! So does bmw on the i3 - i ordered it in lava orange but still dont know about it.... White mmmh / silver no / purple... I saw one by ford and it looked cool! They even didnt have that colour at porsche - amazingly stupid!!!
Dont ask me but that colour on that car is pretty much the dame than on the gt3rs but only the iphone can take it as it really is:
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

And this
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

That colour on the jazz is imo 90% like the gt3rs how it really looks
Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

And now some ideas of the show:

90% of all porsche visitors on stage are interested in the gt3rs - the gt4 is the smaller and very less interesting brother! The whole time, all people stood at the 911 compared to the gt4! Even if i dont like that colour in real, that gt3rs is just bomb! Its ****ing amazing! Get that java colour, and the seats in java as well (as full leather option) its def worth it! The car with its new roof and the spoiler on the back - just wow!

Regarding colour: i am dissapointed by java: bmw has it, that jazz has it, lamborghini has it... Its def not a unique colour in the world! So the only unique colour would be that purple!

Cheers
Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm in doubt between orange and white...tomorrow i will try to go to Geneva to see it in real,from the pics,sometimes seems great,sometimes not...

and the microfiber orange on the seats,how it is?

i delete them from my configuration and leave Leather/Alcantara with orange piping..
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Can someone at geneva get some info on what the microfiber material is? Is it cloth?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
I'm in doubt between orange and white...tomorrow i will try to go to Geneva to see it in real,from the pics,sometimes seems great,sometimes not...

and the microfiber orange on the seats,how it is?

i delete them from my configuration and leave Leather/Alcantara with orange piping..
Haha super darius thats the reason i went there today and i stood in front of it and wslked around came back all to think about that colour! When i first saw it i said no- than i waited and said yes why not! I hope u see clearer tomorrow - i still dont! Given silver is out and white too boring for me, purple mh no so there is still orange left ....

Regarding seating in orange: thats what i def take when i take java orange! Its looking super and not cheap at all! If java i would suggest u take seat in it too

The seatbelts are in java too! If u take the 6 point seatbelts they only come in red! So that could bite...

Do u order pccb super darius or normal breakes?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:46 AM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Haha super darius thats the reason i went there today and i stood in front of it and wslked around came back all to think about that colour! When i first saw it i said no- than i waited and said yes why not! I hope u see clearer tomorrow - i still dont! Given silver is out and white too boring for me, purple mh no so there is still orange left ....

Regarding seating in orange: thats what i def take when i take java orange! Its looking super and not cheap at all! If java i would suggest u take seat in it too

The seatbelts are in java too! If u take the 6 point seatbelts they only come in red! So that could bite...

Do u order pccb super darius or normal breakes?
DAMN!!!

hahahahahah

i just sent my dealer 4 configuration,with microfiber,without,outside white,outside orange!!hahahah

No PCCB,yes lifter,yes PCM,black wheels(asking for orange "piping?"),orange belts,and orange rollbar.

I'm out with the red calipers,and red 6 point belts!

In white maybe all will be easier,but white...mmmh,i'm sure i like it..but is ...boring.

tomorrow i will try to know my future.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Hahaha alright! Let me know what u think ok? I signed the contract so porsche placed the order but still i can change some configuration. I thought of pccb minus 16 kg, battery minus 14 kg makes it 30 kg less... But anyways i still think the breakes are amazing - on my turbo s 991 i have the pccb and they really really do a great job! But still i guess on the gt3rs u dont need it hey?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

when the police observe the car speeding on the freeway, will they say "red" or "orange" as the discription over the radio?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:59 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Hahaha alright! Let me know what u think ok? I signed the contract so porsche placed the order but still i can change some configuration. I thought of pccb minus 16 kg, battery minus 14 kg makes it 30 kg less... But anyways i still think the breakes are amazing - on my turbo s 991 i have the pccb and they really really do a great job! But still i guess on the gt3rs u dont need it hey?
you want PCCB on the 991RS.
The car needs to shave weight where ever it can. Epecially for an RS.

I would appreciate the next RS to be bare inside like the Scuderia if Porsche is listening.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Def police would say orange! As is said there is absolutely no! Red in it
Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I think purple purple will be the best color to hide the black plastic on the car! If PTS is possible I will go black! Really liked the spy shots of the winter tested car. This car will look sick completely blacked out!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 AM
jumpstone
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
when the police observe the car speeding on the freeway, will they say "red" or "orange" as the discription over the radio?
Watch my pic of that jazz car - thats the colour on the gt3rs pretty close

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread