Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,670 Likes on 775 Posts

[QUOTE=tcsracing1;12087612]So basically my prediction last year of the 991RS was spot on.
More aero, turbo body, 4.0DFI and seats.

The wider front and rear track really make up for the length of the body to make it the best proportioned 991 to date. It looks right.

The launch color is the best color. There is a reason why they picked it. I like it with the gun metal wheels because black wheels tend to look shadowed from a distance thus hiding the wheel altogther. I must admit the other colors are really nice too. Motorsport white, casual silver and dare to be different purple. All nice. Glad they ditched the graphics this time around.
In terms of Purple, I would not option for it however when i see it i will go out of my way to give thumbs up. It is unique and special color for this model. I perhaps feel that the car is perhaps a little too large to pull off the purple? On a smaller car, say 964 it might be nice. But then again, I do not know if I could become a purple car driver? Going to have to see one in the flesh. I know I would like it because i am obsessed with porsche and cannot look past the blinders (the rarer the color the better, even if ugly), but my friends would most likey call it the "Barney" car... lol
What do you folks think when you see a purple lambo or purple challenger?
Again, would have to see one before ordering it sight unseen. Very cool they offer it but I am on the fence.
(It could very well become desireable like the .1RS green in time but a gamble none the less...)

As much as I detest that this car is removed from the motorsports car, it really does everything well..
It is the fastest and easiest driving RS ever. Watching it and hearing it gets me excited. Would love to flap through the gears on this thing!

This is the porsche I would choose for a road trip across USA and Europe. And I would hit up the local tracks along the way when possible because it can do it with ease.

Will be interesting to see
Old 03-03-2015, 11:36 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Like dark purple...
You mean Deep Purple, right? After all, it is Geneva...
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Just had a chance to check out the new RS.
Simultaneously underwhelmed by the new RS and very happy to have my red 991 GT3.

The 991 GT3 is what the classic 911s used to be-a true sports car/drivers car that is elegant enough to drive to work or take a date to the theater, sporty enough to have a blast on any winding road, ready and durable for track work, comfortable for a long weekend road trip, a bargain compare to a Ferrari, but exclusive enough that you gave to achieved something in life to acquire one.

The 991 RS fits the track and the exclusive criteria, but not the other four.

I can't see paying $46,000 more for a "slightly" more track capable car that is seriously deficient in the other historical attributes of a Porsche 911, attributes that are preserved in the 991 GT3.

I'll be very happy to stick with my 991 GT3 for a long time.

I think it will be as good of a DD driver as the 1.3. Higher ride hight, sofa seats, panamera interior with all the luxury anyone could ask for. Even a drive thru function so you don't speed around taco bell.
Mass_K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will I still be able to get an allocation tomorrow or are they already going to be sold out. Definitely going to sell a few cars for this if I can. Would love to have this on track
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

duplicate
Old 03-03-2015, 11:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alaint101
You mean Deep Purple, right? After all, it is Geneva...
Purple reign

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I think it will be as good of a DD driver as the 1.3. Higher ride hight, sofa seats, panamera interior with all the luxury anyone could ask for. Even a drive thru function so you don't speed around taco bell.
There you go, your new Avatar makes me question buying any new car.....

Originally Posted by Mass_K
Will I still be able to get an allocation tomorrow or are they already going to be sold out. Definitely going to sell a few cars for this if I can. Would love to have this on track
What are we selling?
Old 03-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Mass_K
Advanced

TRAKCAR - 996 GT3, Midnight Opal GTR, and Bentley GT Speed

If we were to select the PCCB option on the RS would Porsche sell steels that fit the calipers as while for the track so that we don't waste the PCCB on track. Or is it just better to go with steel option from the start?
Old 03-03-2015, 11:47 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Great vid with nice shots of interior. CS cage with nice wrap around gussets on the main hoop. I don't care what anyone says... This car is pure sex and I want one!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Not a race car

All this talk about this car and other RS cars being great track cars.

Keep in perspective that this new pinnacle RS is still so much slower than a 15 year old 996 cup car around a track that in a 45 minute race the cup car would be out of sight. And for about one third the cost and a safer experience.

I encourage anyone that can afford a new RS to buy a cup car.

PS hope to get my allocation soon for new RS:-)
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Agree. Exactly why I want the RS.
Ed Zachary!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mass_K
TRAKCAR - 996 GT3, Midnight Opal GTR, and Bentley GT Speed

If we were to select the PCCB option on the RS would Porsche sell steels that fit the calipers as while for the track so that we don't waste the PCCB on track. Or is it just better to go with steel option from the start?
Ah, an allocation and paying for it shouldn't be a problem!! Keep the 996 and sell the rest

PCCB is actually a reasonable option. If you sell the car you will get most of the money back; I bought a PCCB once and sold the rotors straight of the car for $10k and replaced them with steel, plenty of OEM and aftermarket steel replacements.
If you only track a few times a year and you go 8/10th, why not!? if you go 30+ days a year ***** out you will kill them and will have to spend $10+K to replace them, or $15K and you get the theoretical life time Ceramic aftermarket rotors from vendors on Rennlist like RacingBrakes. And like the red ones the yellow calipers discolor if you track a lot, so pretty yellow is than also no reason to buy them.
I've never tracked PCCB rotors, but those that can afford it swear by them and by all accounts they are more fade resistant and most importantly lighter and you feel it. Like running superlight wheels.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Originally Posted by RSRRacer

Keep in perspective that this new pinnacle RS is still so much slower than a 15 year old 996 cup car around a track that in a 45 minute race the cup car would be out of sight. And for about one third the cost and a safer experience.

Don't the Cup cars need their engines and tranny rebuilt every 50-100 hrs?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Or any old 911 racecar....
I'll give you safer, but if you have a racecar you race = $$$$$$$$$$$$ over DE an RS.
Even one of my race legal cars has a license plate, there is a luxury to not have to tent it to trailer it :-) Those 15 year old CUP cars aren't THAT fast, a lot is due to the $lick$ and they are so rough, clunky and harsh...

Now the new CUPS with flappy padels, ABS and lots of cooling for the driver do a good impression of an RS ;-)
Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Ah, an allocation and paying for it shouldn't be a problem!! Keep the 996 and sell the rest

PCCB is actually a reasonable option. If you sell the car you will get most of the money back; I bought a PCCB once and sold the rotors straight of the car for $10k and replaced them with steel, plenty of OEM and aftermarket steel replacements.
If you only track a few times a year and you go 8/10th, why not!? if you go 30+ days a year ***** out you will kill them and will have to spend $10+K to replace them, or $15K and you get the theoretical life time Ceramic aftermarket rotors from vendors on Rennlist like RacingBrakes. And like the red ones the yellow calipers discolor if you track a lot, so pretty yellow is than also no reason to buy them.
I've never tracked PCCB rotors, but those that can afford it swear by them and by all accounts they are more fade resistant and most importantly lighter and you feel it. Like running superlight wheels.

Thanks for the help. Will probably try to get the PCCB's then because I will track it around 17 days a year with Chin Motorsports, but i won't go that hard as to preserve the car and i should put the steel aftermarkets on the PCCB sized calipers for track. Seems smart and cost effective.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:09 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Waiting to see real pics of a purple car.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread