Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 12:44 PM
SuperDarius
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHardGT3RS
I don't believe so. I believe we will not see any information before 2nd March in the evening, the day before the press day in Geneva. This is how it was for the 991 GT3 :roll eyes:

But maybe further pics from Porsche Marketing department from a car in a parking or in the snow
Usually the end of the press embargo is before the debut at an auto show.For this reason if not tomorrow,i think before the end of the month or latest start February,we will see the special on the Porsche website and the configurator working...

If they not delay the RS again of an year
Old 01-11-2015, 12:51 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
My GT3 finally arrived yesterday and while up there watching the unboxing and start of PDI, got to talk to the dealer some.

they are pretty set on thinking it's 500 units for the RS, and are very worried that the 918 owners will snap them all up, most to be flipped for a quick profit. According to them, this is the first time they have done a Ferrari like allocation program for VIP customers.

Now seeing how bad Ferrari messed things up with theirs (personal experience talking here), I sure hope Porsche is smarter about the whole thing.

I think there is room for a VIP program, but you should have it like the airlines, take American, you have Platinum Executive (918 owners), Platinum (GT3, GT3RS, and GT2 owners), Gold (multiple car owners), and everyone else.

this way they could allocate cars and still satisfy demand while maintaining an air of exclusivity. Say with the 918 owners, maybe they get a version of the RS that isn't available to the general public (Twin turbo 918 edition). They could do it on a pre-order only basis for them, then offer the 500 units of the RS beyond the scope of the 918 owners, starting with the GT3/RS/GT2 customers, etc...

unfortunately as it gets closer I get a very sneaky suspicion that my "lock" on a GT3RS at Plano Porsche will get allocated to a 918 owner, and my only chance at one will be to buy a flipped one at 50-80k above MSRP (which, for that, I'd go buy a Ford GT and keep the GT3)

random sunday thoughts...while waiting to pick up my new GT3
Marketing is alive and well in Texas...
Old 01-11-2015, 12:55 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
maybe, but don't think they really need to drum up excitement for this car. I think the dealers might be more worried about pissing off a bunch of loyal customers.

take the PTS example. buddy of mine ordered a PTS, told it was a 6 month wait to get his car inline, accepted that, then was called back in the fall, when they should have been building it to tell him that, whoops, sorry, your PTS is now going to be a regular color, so how about black?
Old 01-11-2015, 12:57 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
And no one does it better than Marsh (Plano) and Patrick (Park Place).

Gotta love these two dealers...exactly why I stopped buying from both of them.

Found it much easier to buy of out of state and not deal with the non-sense of them making you feel 'special' LOL.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:03 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
I think the dealers might be more worried about pissing off a bunch of loyal customers.
That as well. I don't envy their position because I suspect they have more loyal customers who want an RS than they will have allocations.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:55 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
And no one does it better than Marsh (Plano) and Patrick (Park Place).

Gotta love these two dealers...exactly why I stopped buying from both of them.

Found it much easier to buy of out of state and not deal with the non-sense of them making you feel 'special' LOL.

Only problem with out of state buying is if you have a warranty issue, you could be hours away just to get the car repaired or for that matter, just to get it diagnosed. I have 1 1/2 - 2 hrs drive for me, so I hope I have zero issue's.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:01 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Only problem with out of state buying is if you have a warranty issue, you could be hours away just to get the car repaired or for that matter, just to get it diagnosed. I have 1 1/2 - 2 hrs drive for me, so I hope I have zero issue's.
Any Porsche dealer will do warranty work.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:23 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx

^+1 bring your RS to any dealer and ask for help. You will be treated well! Not always the case when you show up with your 2001 boxter😉😉😉
Old 01-11-2015, 03:32 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by doubleurx
^^+1. I can have it serviced at ANY Porsche dealer.

They make more money in the service dept-trust me they don't care.

After buying 5 (various 911's) between the Porsche dealers in Dallas, I just could not take their arrogance anymore (that is MY perspective).

Their service depts however are both great.

PS - There is a local dealer here that I don't use either...but that's another story and most that live in Austin don't either.

Last edited by ATXGT3; 01-11-2015 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,863 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
^+1 bring your RS to any dealer and ask for help. You will be treated well! Not always the case when you show up with your 2001 boxter😉😉😉
+2 Bought my RS out of state. Always received first class service from local dealer.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
GoHardGT3RS
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperDarius
Usually the end of the press embargo is before the debut at an auto show.For this reason if not tomorrow,i think before the end of the month or latest start February,we will see the special on the Porsche website and the configurator working...
I pray you're right with your assumption, Super Darius !!!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:28 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

PS - There is a local dealer here that I don't use either...but that's another story and most that live in Austin don't either.
Interesting comment. I have a had great experiences with them.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Not my experience at all. Toured a lot of tracks with my RS and dealers from all over the US performed warranty work at no charge to me including an engine swap.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:05 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Originally Posted by ranger22
Interesting comment. I have a had great experiences with them.
You're right, I should have said 'many' instead of most.

Their facility is deplorable IMHO.

I won't talk about staff as that's rude
Old 01-11-2015, 07:43 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^+1. I can have it serviced at ANY Porsche dealer.

They make more money in the service dept-trust me they don't care.

After buying 5 (various 911's) between the Porsche dealers in Dallas, I just could not take their arrogance anymore (that is MY perspective).

Their service depts however are both great.

I realize you can have warranty work done at any dealer. I thought when you said you would not deal with your in-state dealers, I assumed you were also including warranty work/repairs.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread