Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 production delays.... again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

The truth is that if you express your concerns about the car,it means you have " no skin in the game ",never had and never will and are nothing but a 12 yrs old kid troll,whose only concern is to spoil the early adopters joy. Please do not disturb the flow of good reviews.

Seriously,I find it pretty unfortunate that people who are expressing their concerns are immediately being put down...
I've posted a couple of pages ago that I think we should keep an open mind about it and that I believe Porsche will fix these issues.
Even so,having a mature,realistic discussion does not hurt. As a matter of fact,thru forums like this one past problems like CLs,coolant fittings,cylinder scoring have been identified,explained and solutions have been offered without much help from PAG.
I do realize it is way too early in the 991 GT3's case since no " harm " has been done except delays and Porsche is working on a fix,but being aware and up to date should be considered an advantage compared with people that do not frequent forums like this,have a GT3 on order and have no idea why is there a delay...
Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
The truth is that if you express your concerns about the car,it means you have " no skin in the game ",never had and never will and are nothing but a 12 yrs old kid troll,whose only concern is to spoil the early adopters joy. Please do not disturb the flow of good reviews.

Seriously,I find it pretty unfortunate that people who are expressing their concerns are immediately being put down...
C'mon, Nick. No one is being put down, unless you're referring to those who have been told they are fanboys or have been drinking Kool-Aid for being positive. Let's not become so sensitive all of a sudden; it cuts both ways. And people have been "expressing their concerns" for the past year; I don't think anyone is suffering from having their POV suppressed.

There have been a few posts where people seemed a little too gleeful about the supposed "issues", as in "I told you so", when in fact at this point there is nothing to tell. That does seem a bit like something your 12 year old would do. Regardless, we are all free to express our concerns and opinions, just as we always have. There are no victims that I can see.....
Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
C'mon, Nick. No one is being put down, unless you're referring to those who have been told they are fanboys or have been drinking Kool-Aid for being positive. Let's not become so sensitive all of a sudden; it cuts both ways. And people have been "expressing their concerns" for the past year; I don't think anyone is suffering from having their POV suppressed. There have been a few posts where people seemed a little too gleeful about the supposed "issues", as in "I told you so", when in fact at this point there is nothing to tell. That does seem a bit like something your 12 year old would do. Regardless, we are all free to express our concerns and opinions, just as we always have. There are no victims that I can see.....
Fair enough Mike...
I wasn't referring to you anyway...
You do agree we can all benefit from these discussions,future owners or not...just mature people having the same interest?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Fair enough Mike...
I wasn't referring to you anyway...
You do agree we can all benefit from these discussions,future owners or not...just mature people having the same interest?
As long as, IMHO, we all keep a little perspective; absolutely.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:32 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick, the "skin in the game" comment was mine, as you know. It was made in response to Rennteam's suggestion that we relax. I simply observed that I am relaxed and it seems that most of the other guys with cars on order are of the same mind. At the same time, there are a lot of people who are "agitated" by these negative reports who will not be impacted by the eventual outcome. Some of them, not you, appear to be on some kind of mission to discredit the new car, even though they will not be owning one. Further, if they have lost confidence in the Porsche brand, why hang out in this forum anymore?
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tmg57
Nick, the "skin in the game" comment was mine, as you know. It was made in response to Rennteam's suggestion that we relax. I simply observed that I am relaxed and it seems that most of the other guys with cars on order are of the same mind. At the same time, there are a lot of people who are "agitated" by these negative reports who will not be impacted by the eventual outcome. Some of them, not you, appear to be on some kind of mission to discredit the new car, even though they will not be owning one. Further, if they have lost confidence in the Porsche brand, why hang out in this forum anymore?
I understand why you would think some are trying to discredit the car...but let's not jump to conclusions about people here...they are usually good folks on this forum... If there are those whose main goal is to discredit the car under any circumstance,they will easily get eliminated by the loss of arguments that can support their twisted plan.
The way I see it...there is always controversy about any new product...but when it comes to the GT3 there might be a lot of other factors involved because it is an entirely new car! Every component is new and unproven! So I'm convinced this car needs time to show that is a worthy successor and anything bad(even at rumor level) will be speculated...don't take it personal...
Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I understand why you would think some are trying to discredit the car...but let's not jump to conclusions about people here...they are usually good folks on this forum... If there are those whose main goal is to discredit the car under any circumstance,they will easily get eliminated by the loss of arguments that can support their twisted plan.
The way I see it...there is always controversy about any new product...but when it comes to the GT3 there might be a lot of other factors involved because it is an entirely new car! Every component is new and unproven! So I'm convinced this car needs time to show that is a worthy successor and anything bad(even at rumor level) will be speculated...don't take it personal...
I think there is a lot of good point here. Unfortunately for many of us we've seen this all already 15 years ago when they launched the 996 (water cooled era). The first GT3 got a right pasting as it wasn't organic or air cooled and based on mostly at that time unproven platform (although the platform was being used in Motorsports at the time), questions of reliability after some race teams had issues etc.

Mike is right. Perspective is important. Some of us have been here so long and ownership[ has spanned so many generations that its sometimes easy to see other peoples reactions and think how much they are over reacting when its probably lack of model historical perspective that makes it seem so. Lottsa newbies on here today. Look at the 964, they were delivered then split oil on the floor (many of them still do!). IMS issues in most Mezger engined cars. Weak crankcase studs could be an issue. There were failed head gaskets too. There as a LUK dual mass flywheel and clutch failure/issue for the 964 series and the windscreens in the 993 series all delaminated in the corners after a few years. Actually I have friends with 997.2 GT3 who wish they had never sold their 997.1 GT3RS (recalls, CL issues, depreciation etc).....
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 PM
tmg57
Racer

Agreed. I think you touched on an interesting point. The car is entirely new and the early adopters will, if the car is a success, be rewarded by enjoying the "next great thing" from day one. The skeptics will wait until all doubt is erased before they jump in. Unfortunately for them, the "next greater thing" will already be on the scene and they will be a step behind. On the other hand, if the new car is a bust, the skeptics will have the last laugh. Nobody knows, for sure, what the outcome will be but based on my 20+ years of experience with Porsche, I'm giving the them benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 PM
tmg57
Racer

Originally Posted by Leeanna681
Been reading along quietly on this forum but this one made me laugh thanks.

You've made your first eight posts in the last four minutes, that must be a new forum record.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, you guys are awesome. 293+ posts and still counting!! Leave it to the 991 GT3 forum to always provide fodder when you're bored and looking for something stimulating to read!! As someone (not me) recently said, "very few facts but lots of opinion and conjecture" on this forum.

For the record, I'm a MT fan (even my truck has MT) and not happy about the PDK-only in 991 GT3s. Still ambivalent about RWS. But there's no denying that the new car sounds FANtastic! And, no, I don't have one on order.. yet. Still sitting back and observing how things turn out.

And for all those lamenting the lack of racing heritage, there are many Cup cars to buy out there instead of crying online!! Just sayin'. And it (engine) will be raced soon/eventually. Porsche engineers have been asking for a new power plant for well over 10 years!!

And all this coming from a 991 GT3 "skeptic" (me).

Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

spambot
Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
spambot
Oh ****, not me!! (I know, you meant the other post )
Old 10-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I had an October build for November delivery. This has been pushed back to a November build for a December delivery. I fully expect this to be pushed back further based on comments on this and other forums as well as the lack of information from Porsche till the end of October. Do I have concerns about the 991 GT3? None that I didn't have when I ordered the car - electric steering, PDK, 9A1 etc ...

I'm confident these issues will be resolved before the car is delivered to customers but I would rather it was in the spring when the weather improves. In the meantime, there will be an abundance of speculation till Porsche makes an official statement.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

^^^^Agree 100% - rather it was delayed 3-4 months so its spring in Europe....my RHD order also went Oct to Nov production (week 46) and now who knows.....
Old 10-16-2013, 04:39 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've posted a couple of pages ago that I think we should keep an open mind about it and that I believe Porsche will fix these issues.
Even so,having a mature,realistic discussion does not hurt. As a matter of fact,thru forums like this one past problems like CLs,coolant fittings,cylinder scoring have been identified,explained and solutions have been offered without much help from PAG.
I do realize it is way too early in the 991 GT3's case since no " harm " has been done except delays and Porsche is working on a fix,but being aware and up to date should be considered an advantage compared with people that do not frequent forums like this,have a GT3 on order and have no idea why is there a delay...
Fully supported..

Quick Reply: GT3 production delays.... again!