Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAJOR FAIL! No Sport Bucket Set Option (6 point harness seats) WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm almost certain the GT2 sport buckets in my 997.2 have passenger occupancy detection.
They do.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 144 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by StirlingMoss
How would that work for a harness? Or do people track their cars with a constant bing, bing, bing...
The detection feature keeps the passenger airbag from going off if someone is too small/light in the passenger seat or it's empty, so a warning chime isn't a problem. Using a harness can create an issue with the driver seat belt being unbuckled and causing a seat belt warning. I have a buckle I cut out of a VW in a junkyard which I plug into the belt receptacle which solves the problem.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts

We have these stupid rules in the US because the speed limit is set so high,because only the safest cars are allowed on the road(with good tires,responsible drivers that don't eat,drink or text while driving),because on our freeways the left lane is used only for passing and our drivers will move out of that lane ASAP and let the faster drivers go,because our State Police is not about revenues,but about safety etc.
Welcome to America!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm almost certain the GT2 sport buckets in my 997.2 have passenger occupancy detection.
They do.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
I urge all of you that want to see Sport Bucket Seats to write and express your displeasure to:

Mr. Detlev von Platen CEO
Porsche Cars North America
980 Hammond Drive Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
Of course you have the option to just not buy one. That's my choice. If Porsche ever becomes confident enough in the 9A1 engine, street PDK, fixes the no-fill power steering and puts a proper parking brake back in, I might take interest; but not until them. You can always buy the seats separate. The seats are very minor to the real issues with this car.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How would that work for a harness? Or do people track their cars with a constant bing, bing, bing...
Strangely over a year ago, my driver's seat belt buckle stopped sensing if the seat belt is plugged in. It just thinks the seat belt is always plugged in. Now I never get the seat belt warning. For some reason I never mention that it doesn't work when I take it in for service.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Differences for USA:
• Passenger seat occupancy detection (advanced airbag: USA, Canada and Mexico)"

Advanced airbag? The "simple" airbag in the foldable bucket seat is not sufficient for US?
I can't believe Porsche isn't going to call it PAA for Porsche Advanced Airbag.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
We have these stupid rules in the US because the speed limit is set so high,because only the safest cars are allowed on the road(with good tires,responsible drivers that don't eat,drink or text while driving),because on our freeways the left lane is used only for passing and our drivers will move out of that lane ASAP and let the faster drivers go,because our State Police is not about revenues,but about safety etc.
Welcome to America!
LOL! In our dreams!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I can't believe Porsche isn't going to call it PAA for Porsche Advanced Airbag.
Can't be done. It will violate this trademark.
But don't doubt they initially thought of doing just that!

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS Lloyd (German Micro) shown at the Concours on the Avenue in Carmel in 2012!
Attached Images   
Old 03-09-2013, 04:38 AM
GuyR
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
Welcome to America!
Agreed. It's with irony I read these rules and compare to what I see when visiting the US and driving the roads. Down in Florida it's full of half-blind retirees driving the least safe, rusted out old cars with drum brakes and suspension that hasn't held a drop of oil in the shocks for years. Cars aren't even inspected annually for safety as like many states they dropped all inspections.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyR
Agreed. It's with irony I read these rules and compare to what I see when visiting the US and driving the roads. Down in Florida it's full of half-blind retirees driving the least safe, rusted out old cars with drum brakes and suspension that hasn't held a drop of oil in the shocks for years. Cars aren't even inspected annually for safety as like many states they dropped all inspections.
Yep! I'm in Florida and that is why I'm missing my entire left leg thanks to an old driver not paying attention!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any reason I can't swap my GT2 seats into the new car? Same 4 bolt setup? Same wiring harness? Should be.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry L
Any reason I can't swap my GT2 seats into the new car? Same 4 bolt setup? Same wiring harness? Should be.
Yes, it can be easily done. The gt2 type sport bucket seats (airbags & folding) is currently available in ROW 991 & 981 production models as I have already posted! And these exact seats are being imported & sold currently by Suncoast (Porsche dealership in Florida), Sunset (Porsche dealership in Oregon) & others right here in the United States! Make sure passenger side has airbag sensor on that bucket seat so it can integrate 100% with your 997 or 991 wiring and doesn't throw any error codes which light up in your instrumentation! You will lose seat heating function (if your car had that) by switching and you will not have an adjustments related to tilt or raising & lowering the seats like you have on the OEM 'sport seat' or 'sport seat plus'! But the buckets can be pushed in or out manually to suit your preference.

So far, all new gt2 type I have seen marketed come only in black leather. The alcantara inlays are available, but apparently only as a separate buy and they are prohibitively expensive! So it will not match your black leather/alcantara gt3 interior 100%, but it's not that far off. The 'black only' availability is more of a limiting factor to those with different color interiors on the regular 991's or 981's! So far, they also don't appear to be available with any deviating stitching. But the embossed-on-leather Porsche 'crest' on headrest seems to be standard!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:07 AM
almeena58
Racer

this is from middle east website
in options it is showing club sport package as well
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 AM
almeena58
Racer

here is club sport package
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: MAJOR FAIL! No Sport Bucket Set Option (6 point harness seats) WOW!