Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 02:41 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by mnawa
I think you’ve been passively marketing your car for sale since at least September of last year. I would take cue from the lack of buyers that your car is priced too high. If you’re indifferent as to whether it sells then I would stop marketing so much and wait until you’re more serious. There is a theory that the longer a car/house sits on the market, the more undesirable it becomes.

personally, if I were considering purchasing your gt3 at ask I would add $20k more and find myself a 992 gt3. Speaking of which, congrats on the gt3. They’re excellent and I don’t think you’ll look back once you’ve received yours.
I only got motivated after I was presented with a 992 GT3 allocation for sticker. It's been on AT for maybe a month. It's still winter and the buyer pool for a well optioned pristine 991.2 GT3 will be smaller than a more common lower optioned example. The right guy for this car will present himself, maybe today or maybe in a few months. I'm in no rush and I don't have to sell it anyway. The thought of my car getting stale on the market doesn't hold weight either as it's one of maybe five produced at most, and the only one currently on the market. I understand it'll take longer. It's not a Honda Accord after all.

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
That's a great offer. I'd jump on the it & run to the dmv. Not sure a porsche dealer can sell this for more $$ tbh.
If I had to I'd consider it. He seems to be a good guy and told him over the phone I'd take $230K for it. Which is why I dropped my price in the ad. For various reasons I personally like to buy from the owner and not a dealer anyway. There are like minded potential buyers out there.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:41 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

$5-10k over msrp or something like that
Old 02-07-2023, 02:43 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I only got motivated after I was presented with a 992 GT3 allocation for sticker. It's been on AT for maybe a month. It's still winter and the buyer pool for a well optioned pristine 991.2 GT3 will be smaller than a more common lower optioned example. The right guy for this car will present himself, maybe today or maybe in a few months. I'm in no rush and I don't have to sell it anyway. The thought of my car getting stale on the market doesn't hold weight either as it's one of maybe five produced at most, and the only one currently on the market. I understand it'll take longer. It's not a Honda Accord after all.

If I had to I'd consider it. He seems to be a good guy and told him over the phone I'd take $230K for it. Which is why I dropped my price in the ad. For various reasons I personally like to buy from the owner and not a dealer anyway. There are like minded potential buyers out there.
i have a feeling your new Gt3 will easily surpass your old one. The new gt3 is closer to a 991.2 RS.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:47 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Racer
181k! Wow...
Old 02-07-2023, 02:51 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
i have a feeling your new Gt3 will easily surpass your old one. The new gt3 is closer to a 991.2 RS.
Yeah I don't know. I'm conflicted. Heard the 992 is darty, firmer suspension, tramlines etc. Then others say the suspension on the 991.2 is a bit floaty but more compliant. I like the front end design on the 991.2 better but the rear of the 992 better. I'm completely on the fence about the interior. The 991.2 has nice analog gauges and is more closely aligned with the classic 911. The 992 is full of tech. Pros/cons in both.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Brent95M3
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
181k! Wow...
BAT glitched out during the end of the auction. I was trying to follow it and the site basically went down...so this doesn't seem like a fair result for the seller or an accurate representation of the market.
The following users liked this post:
TheDangerZone (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 03:19 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent95M3
BAT glitched out during the end of the auction. I was trying to follow it and the site basically went down...so this doesn't seem like a fair result for the seller or an accurate representation of the market.
Yup, saw that. Left out last minute bidders, unfair to the seller. Though last bidder is ecstatic, BAT and seller seem to be in discussion on how to address it. Curious to see how this pans out.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:32 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 916 Likes on 507 Posts

Dealership cabal didn't even get a chance to place last minute fake bids!

But seriously, I clicked on the link an hour or two ago and it wasn't loading then either. Seller is entitled to an extension, of course.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:06 PM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

yes, you’ve mentioned many times you don’t need the money. Good for you.

I don’t think that this car being one of five is very additive to asking price. Not a very desirable color to begin with which is why so few were ordered. Perhaps twenty years from now the notion that is one of five will add too collectability but the car is too modern for that to matter at the moment.

Last edited by mnawa; 02-07-2023 at 06:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mnawa:
ldamelio (02-07-2023), Rod27 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 08:26 PM
BergGt3
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
Dealership cabal didn't even get a chance to place last minute fake bids!

But seriously, I clicked on the link an hour or two ago and it wasn't loading then either. Seller is entitled to an extension, of course.
I disagree on extending the auction or restarting it as it sold over the sellers reserve. Unfortunately there were site issues but that’s the risk you take putting it online.

the market is down off the insanity but still over msrp…. Owners should be happy unless they are still buying these cars for over $200k/ way over sticker

Last edited by BergGt3; 02-07-2023 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:35 PM
Ben M
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Just dropped yesterday. Here's my ad if anyone has interest: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Have a few bites, been offered $220K. Replacing it with this. Porsche bumped my delivery date by a full month so I should have it by early May. Plenty of time to sell my 991.2 even though I don't have to beforehand. Not sure if the 992 will be better for me actually:

I absolutely love the dark sea blue PTS (over dark blue metallic). There was a touring PTS dark sea blue with 12k miles that was listed for 230k by a Ferrari dealer in Texas and sold last month. I thought that was overpriced bc of the mileage but if it didn't have 12k miles, I would have overpaid anyway bc it had all the options I wanted and was a super clean example. I don't think you'll have an issue getting what you want as long you find a buyer who loves a PTS dark blue metallic.
The following users liked this post:
Randy M (02-08-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 10:11 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben M
I absolutely love the dark sea blue PTS (over dark blue metallic). There was a touring PTS dark sea blue with 12k miles that was listed for 230k by a Ferrari dealer in Texas and sold last month. I thought that was overpriced bc of the mileage but if it didn't have 12k miles, I would have overpaid anyway bc it had all the options I wanted and was a super clean example. I don't think you'll have an issue getting what you want as long you find a buyer who loves a PTS dark blue metallic.
That car you mentioned was sold before it was listed. It simply drove traffic and they did it to **** off the Porsche dealers who are selling too high still.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:44 PM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
That car you mentioned was sold before it was listed. It simply drove traffic and they did it to **** off the Porsche dealers who are selling too high still.

FALSE - I had the opportunity but I dragged my feet & emails to prove it.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:46 PM
Ben M
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrrdstr
FALSE - I had the opportunity but I dragged my feet & emails to prove it.
I agree. I called thinking it has 1200 miles. When I mentioned 1200, they said it had 12k miles. It was online for a couple of weeks as far I know but eBay listing that I was watching showed sold.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:09 PM
fractionofawhole
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben M
I agree. I called thinking it has 1200 miles. When I mentioned 1200, they said it had 12k miles. It was online for a couple of weeks as far I know but eBay listing that I was watching showed sold.
Was this a 992 Touring with 12k miles? I could understand people thinking that's a little high.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...