Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,824 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_max
No FAL severely limits the buyer base. The Guard red car at Porsche Greensboro is still for sale, and it's gone through many price drops.
and yet still $36k over MSRP on a 4+ year old car....
Old 10-24-2022, 10:50 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,477 Likes on 2,816 Posts

No FAL severely limits the buyer base. The Guard red car at Porsche Greensboro is still for sale, and it's gone through many price drops.
Truth. No FAL was a dealbreaker for me. No buckets or PCCBs were close to dealbreakers, but not like FAL.
The following users liked this post:
Thescout13 (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Thescout13
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals;[url=tel:18426708
18426708[/url]]As amazing as these cars are, they are now 5 years old. Out of warranty. I drove 3 "low mileage" GT3s in this past year and 2 of them rode like crap. Every single panel joint inside the car would buz/rattle when you drive over bad patches of road. The clutch felt really weird, etc. So looking at these pictures and miles dont tell the full story. Lots of people from instagram world who would have no business owning and driving a GT3 bought these cars at the time because of the hype. 997 generation GT3s on the other hand are solid even after going through 6 owners and 20,000 miles. They dont just "loosen" up. If I were buying a GT3, I'd have hell of a tough time paying $200-$210k for a car that I have no idea how it was maintained, now has no warranty, with a recession on the horizon and loans at 7%.

Extended warranty on these cars will not cover things like bucket seat bolsters ripping from the seams or the head unit rattling itself out or the door panels needing a replacement. You can't just buy factory bumper to bumper warranty and fix the car up.
I think your reasoning is why CPOs carry such a high value relatively speaking. When I got my 991.2, I really wanted a PTS with LWB and FAL, but CPO was important over all but FAL. I was lucky enough to find one with over two more years of CPO left that had PTS, LWB, and FAL. Luckily mine doesn’t display some of the issues you felt while driving the ones you did, so I count myself lucky. But let’s take that Greensboro one as an example. I know multiple folks here in NC who have all entertained it but after seeing it in person passed (only 1 or 2 who truly wanted a PTS or non-red so I take those anecdotes with a grain of salt) another 2 who cannot stand FCI (the dealer group that runs it because of terrible customer interaction) but more than those that passed because of FAL which is critical here in NC (6 in my local PCA/exotic club/run group alone that passed for this reason).

We had our local Oktoberfest this weekend and many were chatting how that must be the most undesirable CPO GT3 within 500 miles given the lack of FAL. For me FAL was always a personal choice because of past experience with $3-5k carbon fiber lips on factory lowered past cars, but I didn’t quite grasp how much people in certain parts of this country put a value on FAL until chatting with folks in the last 6 or so months.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:49 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

For 2019, many gt3rs’s still have factory 4 yr warranty until next summer/fall.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:02 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 42 Posts

Here's a link to the PTS Signal Green car. I will be very curious to see how long this one lasts!!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1322526
Old 10-24-2022, 12:33 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 965 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
As amazing as these cars are, they are now 5 years old. Out of warranty. I drove 3 "low mileage" GT3s in this past year and 2 of them rode like crap. Every single panel joint inside the car would buz/rattle when you drive over bad patches of road. The clutch felt really weird, etc. So looking at these pictures and miles dont tell the full story. Lots of people from instagram world who would have no business owning and driving a GT3 bought these cars at the time because of the hype. 997 generation GT3s on the other hand are solid even after going through 6 owners and 20,000 miles. They dont just "loosen" up. If I were buying a GT3, I'd have hell of a tough time paying $200-$210k for a car that I have no idea how it was maintained, now has no warranty, with a recession on the horizon and loans at 7%.

Extended warranty on these cars will not cover things like bucket seat bolsters ripping from the seams or the head unit rattling itself out or the door panels needing a replacement. You can't just buy factory bumper to bumper warranty and fix the car up.
Some of these viewpoints are reasonable enough, and each prospective buyer is entitled to his own calculations. But once again, seems like personal perspectives may be being conflated with "facts" that will surely influence market trend in a major way, in your favor.

Out of warranty concerns apply to every special 911 in history that sell for astronomical prices. All of them. Most or all of which can't hold a candle to 991.2 reliability. 997 reliability isn't close, imo. (On a related note, 991.2 is a no-brainer pending addition to the collection of greatest 911's in history. Looks, performance, reliability. If we're not there already, time will tell, but couldn't be clearer from my perspective. If so, it's an easy argument that they're currently underpriced.)

Your sense of ride quality disparities likely has more to do with tire condition and pressures than suspension. My 991.2 handles as well as the day I got it 2+ years ago and 10,000+ unsympathetic miles later. Zero loosening. Straight line speed, identical. Lap times, vmin corner speeds, differential, you name it, identical or better as the driver has advanced with the platform. I bought mine CPO, it's been zero value to me so far. Not a single thing.

Weird clutch? Not an issue I've ever experienced or heard about from any owners.

never seen separating interior, but if at some point that happens, recondition or replace. This is factored into owning a timeless 911 over the long-term, not a cause for rapid depreciation.

Buzzes, rattles, yes. GT3. They come and go. It's the nature of the car.

GT3 doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's part of an automotive marketplace. So, per usual I'll ask 991.2 GT3/RS is currently overpriced relative to what? A prospective GT3 buyer would rather have for equal or less money, what exactly?
The following 3 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
achenator (10-24-2022), grigory (10-27-2022), HpIzKing (10-24-2022)
Old 10-24-2022, 12:39 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Here's a link to the PTS Signal Green car. I will be very curious to see how long this one lasts!!

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1322526
It's listed at about $5.5K over list, missing some features others would call deal breakers. Wonder if it will sell?

Last edited by Palting; 10-24-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:00 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
Some of these viewpoints are reasonable enough, and each prospective buyer is entitled to his own calculations. But once again, seems like personal perspectives may be being conflated with "facts" that will surely influence market trend in a major way, in your favor.

Out of warranty concerns apply to every special 911 in history that sell for astronomical prices. All of them. Most or all of which can't hold a candle to 991.2 reliability. 997 reliability isn't close, imo. (On a related note, 991.2 is a no-brainer pending addition to the collection of greatest 911's in history. Looks, performance, reliability. If we're not there already, time will tell, but couldn't be clearer from my perspective. If so, it's an easy argument that they're currently underpriced.)

Your sense of ride quality disparities likely has more to do with tire condition and pressures than suspension. My 991.2 handles as well as the day I got it 2+ years ago and 10,000+ unsympathetic miles later. Zero loosening. Straight line speed, identical. Lap times, vmin corner speeds, differential, you name it, identical or better as the driver has advanced with the platform. I bought mine CPO, it's been zero value to me so far. Not a single thing.

Weird clutch? Not an issue I've ever experienced or heard about from any owners.

never seen separating interior, but if at some point that happens, recondition or replace. This is factored into owning a timeless 911 over the long-term, not a cause for rapid depreciation.

Buzzes, rattles, yes. GT3. They come and go. It's the nature of the car.

GT3 doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's part of an automotive marketplace. So, per usual I'll ask 991.2 GT3/RS is currently overpriced relative to what? A prospective GT3 buyer would rather have for equal or less money, what exactly?
I know all about the tire pressures believe me. I can tell rattles from rattles and I can tell a car that was driven through pot holes and bad road from a one where the owner would go around them and take some care. My GT3RS at 11,000 miles drive exactly the way you outline. No rattles, no noises, no buzzing, nothing lose in it. Yet I drove a car with 3,700 miles that was in horrible condition. Wear and tear in seat bolsters, scuff marks in the door that are very deep, doors rattle as you close them, speakers that buzz when you play music, the head unit (screen) that rattles and buzzes at various RPMs very loudly, etc. Its clear someone used it without any care. Yet from outside car has PPF on every panel, wheels have no scratches, no chips or other physical damage. From pictures it looks immaculate.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:04 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,658 Likes on 923 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
It's listed at about $5.5K over list, missing some features others would call deal breakers. Wonder if it will sell?
It looks like the car bottomed out (or close to it) at some point. Some pretty decent marks on the front undercarriage if you look at the pictures in big screen. The plastic curved ducts that are ahead of the tires are bent/cracked. You really cant cause that without scraping everything else.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:05 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 965 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I know all about the tire pressures believe me. I can tell rattles from rattles and I can tell a car that was driven through pot holes and bad road from a one where the owner would go around them and take some care. My GT3RS at 11,000 miles drive exactly the way you outline. No rattles, no noises, no buzzing, nothing lose in it. Yet I drove a car with 3,700 miles that was in horrible condition. Wear and tear in seat bolsters, scuff marks in the door that are very deep, doors rattle as you close them, speakers that buzz when you play music, the head unit (screen) that rattles and buzzes at various RPMs very loudly, etc. Its clear someone used it without any care. Yet from outside car has PPF on every panel, wheels have no scratches, no chips or other physical damage. From pictures it looks immaculate.
yeah, roger that you don't want someone's absolute beater.
Old 10-24-2022, 01:35 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Does anyone happen to know this car? I wanted sofas but considering there isn't a lot of Gaurds or Carmine red cars in the market, I might consider it as the prices drop....

https://www.meritpartners.com/featur...uring-991-2-2/
Old 10-24-2022, 01:40 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

New listing from Hennessy,

https://www.hennessyporsche.com/cert...cfbcfed2ec.htm
Old 10-24-2022, 02:23 PM
dinkman
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Does anyone happen to know this car? I wanted sofas but considering there isn't a lot of Gaurds or Carmine red cars in the market, I might consider it as the prices drop....

that is a lovely spec, i love carmine but that price tho! still asking $50k over msrp still is crazy to me
Old 10-24-2022, 05:28 PM
raidentech.com
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost bare bone 991.2 GT3 White for cheap at $145k 32k miles. Good for .2 track car.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...34666/FEATURED
Old 10-24-2022, 06:04 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,477 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by dinkman
that is a lovely spec, i love carmine but that price tho! still asking $50k over msrp still is crazy to me
I considered this car, but my wife nixed red.

I know people who've bought a few high end cars from Merit Partners and were very satisfied with their experience. Seems like a solid dealer.

Price is a bit on the high end for market value. For my car - I ended up paying $230k but with CPO til 2025 and full body PPF. Virtually identical spec, only in black. For me - 3 years of factory warranty/CPO and PPF was worth an easy $5k+ of value. I think what I paid is approximate market value given the added value of CPO/PPF but opinions vary. Someone is always getting a better deal.

Will values drop? Inevitable. Will they tank? I'm counting on the answer being No on the Tourings - if only due to their limited production and unique niche. As I've said before, I think there are people who flat out prefer the 991.2 Touring to the 992, for a variety of reasons.

Not too worried either way. I am in love with the car.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...