Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
He already shared that he was offered 220k. Comps? There are 35 manual .2 listed as of today. This supply has been dropping, not growing. His is blue PTS, 3,300 miles, manual, pccb, perfect condition. Subjectively worth a premium and currently one of a kind on the market. The closest alt would be a miami blue Touring with 5k miles, listed for 210, with an accident.
there were over 140 .2 GT3’s on cars.com 60 days ago. There’s now 93. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see they are moving. Come spring/summer there will be less.

I’ve been watching the market daily since April of 2019 when I bought my .2 and sold last June for 992. One thing I wouldn’t speak on is gt4 market cuz I don’t know it. But weliketoyap seems to know every gt market in existence.

Randy’s car if at a dealer would most likely be listed higher. Listed doesn’t mean what’s it going to sell for. If 220 was offered that is strong and means he priced it accordingly imo.

Last edited by Jbravo23; 02-07-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:36 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
If you don't like the prices of low mileage, high optioned pristine condition GT3's then posting your discontent isn't going to change anything and will make you look like the poor schlep. That's how you look, standing on the corner with your pockets inside out waiting for the bus You sure you're not the one watching CNN and MSNBC wanting everyone to pay their fair share?

Damnit, now I've been dragged into the mud....
yup I’m sure
Old 02-07-2023, 10:49 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

There are a dozen winged and touring GT3's on AT listed at a price equal or higher than mine. Plenty of comps out there. I did have a text exchange with someone a little while ago who was quite pushy about price. Wondering if it may have been one of these upset trolls. It was all about price. No questions about condition, asking for additional pictures, scheduling a time to look at it, if I was willing to drop it off for a PPI. Just price.

So if it's solely about price and the goal is to find a 'deal' those cars are high mileage, have accidents, poor DME reports, no maintenance history, low optioned cars bought at an auction and left outside at used truck lots getting lot rot. Those are not comps. Those cars are out there and if the only goal is to have a GT3 at a low price then have at it.

Personally if I couldn't come to grips with the price of a nice GT3 with no problems and I was overwhelmed with despair to the point that I was lashing out on RL trying to make myself feel better in some weird way; I'd change my goals and would look for another car at a lower price point. Something like a nice M4, GT350/500, maybe a RWD R8 would be a really nice car to have. There are plenty of nice cars out there to have fun with.

Last edited by Randy M; 02-07-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:03 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 365 Posts

Randym just trying to help man, there’s so many bozos on this forum like jbravo that have this weird fetish with trying to convince everyone these are basically investments which is the worst financial advice ever.

The attempt at a financial smear is sad, for someone my age I’m the least showy person ever. Don’t post anything on socials. I got my bmw, Ferrari and 991.2 RS all before I turned 30 from launching 3 different companies in the last 11 years, all self funded from each business before it and taking $0 from my parents or anyone else (no trust fund/inheritance, etc., They did pay for college) So financially…It’s going alright.

I also didn’t become financially successful doing that listening to lemmings like jbravo or buying cars expecting them to go up in value. I have taken a small portion of my money saved up/invested and bought cars I can comfortably afford because I love cars. If you actually knew me I have 0 resentment to anyone with money, I grew up in the Silicon Valley sandwiched between apple google Facebook, and most people with more money than they would need in 100 lifetimes are totally miserable. I understand there are jealous/envious people out there, but I’m about the last person on earth you would want to try and play that card on as I had the luxury of growing up in the land of the Uber rich, so not much impresses me and I know the expensive houses don’t make anyone happier, so what is there to be envious about?

health is wealth and cars are fun.

I agree with the guy that said out this should be back on the for sale topics, so that being said this is going to be the one to watch today:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-53/

very very nice example
Old 02-07-2023, 11:09 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Randym just trying to help man, there’s so many bozos on this forum like jbravo that have this weird fetish with trying to convince everyone these are basically investments which is the worst financial advice ever.

The attempt at a financial smear is sad, for someone my age I’m the least showy person ever. Don’t post anything on socials. I got my bmw, Ferrari and 991.2 RS all before I turned 30 from launching 3 different companies in the last 11 years, all self funded from each business before it and taking $0 from my parents or anyone else (no trust fund/inheritance, etc., They did pay for college) So financially…It’s going alright.

I also didn’t become financially successful doing that listening to lemmings like jbravo or buying cars expecting them to go up in value. I have taken a small portion of my money saved up/invested and bought cars I can comfortably afford because I love cars. If you actually knew me I have 0 resentment to anyone with money, I grew up in the Silicon Valley sandwiched between apple google Facebook, and most people with more money than they would need in 100 lifetimes are totally miserable. I understand there are jealous/envious people out there, but I’m about the last person on earth you would want to try and play that card on as I had the luxury of growing up in the land of the Uber rich, so not much impresses me and I know the expensive houses don’t make anyone happier, so what is there to be envious about?

I agree with the guy that said out this should be back on the for sale topics, so that being said this is going to be the one to watch today:

very very nice example
I wasn't attempting to smear, just trying to understand. Speculative on my part for sure but the words in your post was all that I had to work with. There should be no reason for you to lash out if you've risen to the top through hard work and perseverance.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,751 Likes on 720 Posts

very very nice example

now we’re telling life stories. 😂

Old 02-07-2023, 11:16 AM
mnawa
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

I wasn't attempting to smear, just trying to understand. Speculative on my part for sure but the words in your post was all that I had to work with. There should be no reason for you to lash out if you've risen to the top through hard work and perseverance.

I think you’ve been passively marketing your car for sale since at least September of last year. I would take cue from the lack of buyers that your car is priced too high. If you’re indifferent as to whether it sells then I would stop marketing so much and wait until you’re more serious. There is a theory that the longer a car/house sits on the market, the more undesirable it becomes.

personally, if I were considering purchasing your gt3 at ask I would add $20k more and find myself a 992 gt3. Speaking of which, congrats on the gt3. They’re excellent and I don’t think you’ll look back once you’ve received yours.
The following users liked this post:
Rod27 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 11:26 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

very very nice example
Nice find, can't see anything wrong with it.

We are all armchair buyers, I definitely am one of them. I would bid on this car. Be good to see at what price point it would sell..
Old 02-07-2023, 11:36 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
Everything else including an accident dude.
Accident? That's a bit extreme - it was a rear bumper cover.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:48 AM
achenator
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
Accident? That's a bit extreme - it was a rear bumper cover.
it's "just a bumper cover" if you are the seller. "moderate rear impact" to the buyer lol
The following users liked this post:
ParadiseGT3 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by achenator
it's "just a bumper cover" if you are the seller. "moderate rear impact" to the buyer lol
Your logic is a bit fuzzy given that the car was Porsche CPOd and sold as such AFTER the rear "damage", AND had a professional inspection where they actually inspected the car and only found that the rear bumper cover was refinished. Carfax shows it as minor damage also, but that's less reliable. I'm not the seller by the way.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:10 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 916 Likes on 507 Posts

How much did you make on your RS again
Old 02-07-2023, 01:18 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 839 Likes on 439 Posts

Just dropped yesterday. Here's my ad if anyone has interest: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Have a few bites, been offered $220K. Replacing it with this. Porsche bumped my delivery date by a full month so I should have it by early May. Plenty of time to sell my 991.2 even though I don't have to beforehand. Not sure if the 992 will be better for me actually:

That's a great offer. I'd jump on the it & run to the dmv. Not sure a porsche dealer can sell this for more $$ tbh.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:37 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Beautiful car
Old 02-07-2023, 02:40 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Racer
Yup. 6 speed manual, clean AFAIK, sold at close to MSRP.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...