Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 11:02 PM
jp884
Pro

Received 434 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by HpIzKing
Not naming any one in particular but we all know there are people on here that constantly, and I mean constantly, beat these cars down on price or claim they will be worth near nothing in short order. I have to think the vast majority of those with that particular angle to every post they provide have never owned an RS for example...or they would simply be out driving and enjoying them versus yapping about anticipated depreciation, or worse, waiting for the "perfect" time to buy in a vain attempt to avoid the normal depreciation that virtually every car succumbs to at some point unless its put in a bubble and never driven. I used to follow the ups and downs on price and just got tired of the bs and sacked up and bought one. Have never looked back and could care less whether I lose $30K or $100k..the car's enjoyment factor is easily worth any figure in that range for me. Could. Care. Less.
Hit the nail on the head on that one. That’s the same reason why I rarely go to a cars and coffee. Having guys talk about a car that’s rarely driven and how much it costs doesn’t excite me at all. And when my wife gives me an afternoon to do car things sans the family. I’m not wasting it walking and talking but rather driving. Time is precious and our time on this planet is not infinite. Spend it doing the things you love and for many of us here that’s driving. Plus think of all the money we’re saving by buying now before the environmental ***** makes it so cost prohibitive to have and drive a petrol car.

Last edited by jp884; 02-06-2023 at 11:07 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by jp884:
cavlino (02-08-2023), M&Abanker4life (02-07-2023), rhk118 (02-08-2023), SoCalDan (02-07-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 11:19 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Prices haven't crashed, they have ground downwards, slowly and steadily. We are still well up from pre-COVID and I'm not sure I want to see the economic situation that would force pre-pandemic pricing but there's probably some way to go downwards still.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:30 PM
mnawa
Pro

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

Can we go back to posting finds? The virtue signaling happens every 10 pages in this thread.
The following users liked this post:
cavlino (02-08-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 12:18 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 723 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
your cars priced right dude. Don’t listen to him. He’s one of those hopefuls who want to see the gt market crash.

funny cuz those are the guys waiting for the absolute bottom. To say they bought one and made money off it. Not about the drive or the car, but again the value.

GLWS
if it’s priced right than why hasn’t it sold? Go throw it on bat and let me know what it gets, I’d be surprised if it breaks 200 tbh
Old 02-07-2023, 12:20 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by achenator
Still can't even order a 992 GT3 and ever expect to get it but 4rs and 3rs will be easy to get? I don't see it. What's your buy point for the RS you want to buy? the red RS actually sold for 235 with fee Car probably had a sticker in the low/mid 220s. No PCCB and no FAL listed. I know we are down a good bit from the highs but I still feel good about my .2rs that I bought in mid 2020. Doesn't matter anyway I plan on keeping it a good while.
Your mentality is the problem with rennlist…why do u guys change the intrinsic value of ur car based off the resale price? The level of stupidity and greed is astonishing to me
Old 02-07-2023, 12:29 AM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Given the car market (all car prices are dropping), the debt markets (int. rates are yikes), the global market (stocks down big yoy lots of layoffs) and most importantly the supply of new Porsche GT cars (a **** ton)….

prices are clearly headed in one direction. I am only trying to help. I own GT cars, I’ve owned an RS, no I don’t go to cars and coffee, yes I track my cars, no i don’t care if my car is worth half in 3 years…it is what it is. The people who tell the person no bro don’t worry Ur PriCE oNlY gO Up fRuM hErEeE are just going to screw that person out of thousands in the end. There is literally 0 reason for any recent GT car to do anything but depreciate at this point….

Feel free to let me know why if you somehow disagree with this statement. Love to hear your theory
The following 4 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
fijibubba (02-14-2023), HpIzKing (02-07-2023), longboarder (02-12-2023), Rod27 (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 12:54 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,508 Likes on 2,828 Posts

This is supposed to be a cars for sale thread.

Gee whiz, market value fluctuates. Color me shocked. It doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to figure that out. Trying to time the market is a waste of time.
esmo (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 01:16 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Given the car market (all car prices are dropping), the debt markets (int. rates are yikes), the global market (stocks down big yoy lots of layoffs) and most importantly the supply of new Porsche GT cars (a **** ton)….

prices are clearly headed in one direction. I am only trying to help. I own GT cars, I’ve owned an RS, no I don’t go to cars and coffee, yes I track my cars, no i don’t care if my car is worth half in 3 years…it is what it is. The people who tell the person no bro don’t worry Ur PriCE oNlY gO Up fRuM hErEeE are just going to screw that person out of thousands in the end. There is literally 0 reason for any recent GT car to do anything but depreciate at this point….

Feel free to let me know why if you somehow disagree with this statement. Love to hear your theory
I've never interacted with you before. I can't say I remember seeing any of your posts so I'm not sure if you have a habit of posting in the tone that you have in the last few posts I've been exposed to. You appear to have some anger however. Not sure if it's toward those who have more than you, but it seems to me that you're quite frustrated in the value of these cars, which could be a microcosm of resentment toward others who are maybe a little bit ahead of you financially, more successful in business, wiser etc. Not sure what your issue is but striking out at a car that I've posted up for sale (and me) I find to be a little odd, misplaced and is likely indicative of your own personal frustrations. LA isn't likely doing you any favors in that regard, There's a hell of a lot of posturing going on there and getting smacked in the face with it daily would take its toll on anyone.

Any sort of vitriol you fling at me or anyone else here on this board doesn't serve anyone well, including yourself. Maybe some internal reflection is in order? Figuring out the reasoning for lashing out in the way you have couldn't hurt, and may allow you to overcome any personal hurdles seems could be a great benefit to you. I am not your enemy and nobody else here is either. Try to tone it down a bit, you'll have a better go of it and people may see you in a more positive light.
cavlino (02-08-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 02:16 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I guess good news is GT4rs and gt3rs will proly be an easy sticker order not too far from now...
Wishing won't make it so....

Last edited by pfbz; 02-07-2023 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:11 AM
Rod27
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I've never interacted with you before. I can't say I remember seeing any of your posts so I'm not sure if you have a habit of posting in the tone that you have in the last few posts I've been exposed to. You appear to have some anger however. Not sure if it's toward those who have more than you, but it seems to me that you're quite frustrated in the value of these cars, which could be a microcosm of resentment toward others who are maybe a little bit ahead of you financially, more successful in business, wiser etc. Not sure what your issue is but striking out at a car that I've posted up for sale (and me) I find to be a little odd, misplaced and is likely indicative of your own personal frustrations. LA isn't likely doing you any favors in that regard, There's a hell of a lot of posturing going on there and getting smacked in the face with it daily would take its toll on anyone.

Any sort of vitriol you fling at me or anyone else here on this board doesn't serve anyone well, including yourself. Maybe some internal reflection is in order? Figuring out the reasoning for lashing out in the way you have couldn't hurt, and may allow you to overcome any personal hurdles seems could be a great benefit to you. I am not your enemy and nobody else here is either. Try to tone it down a bit, you'll have a better go of it and people may see you in a more positive light.
i think he is just upset at people who try to convince people on this board that their car is a great deal, so he is defensive or protective of us towards the car salesman mentality....maybe. I appreciate him. In today's society, propaganda is everywhere. CNN and MSNBC among others have turned off comments because people see through the BS.

This is the new normal.....if you dont want comments, critiques, etc...post your car on autotrader and be done with it. Based on comps I dont think your car is worth what you say either. It would have sold already if it was, so please stop repeating it to try to convince some schlep.

Last edited by Rod27; 02-07-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:23 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 207 Posts

here’s a data point on a nice car with 34k miles from yesterday. No FAL but had everything else. Manual. Sub $155k including the $5k auction fee.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rjo...orsche-911-gt3
Old 02-07-2023, 09:27 AM
Arminho
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow, just caught up on the last two days in this thread.

How about we go back to just talking about cars for sale and stop bashing each other and using “joo” as a financially derogatory term?

I may be new to these forums but that kind of language isn’t acceptable on any forums I visit. Hope that was a typo.

The following 2 users liked this post by Arminho:
pfbz (02-07-2023), SantaFePorsche (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:33 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by lawrence1
here’s a data point on a nice car with 34k miles from yesterday. No FAL but had everything else. Manual. Sub $155k including the $5k auction fee.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rjo...orsche-911-gt3
Everything else including an accident dude.
The following 3 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
rhk118 (02-08-2023), Rod27 (02-07-2023), SantaFePorsche (02-07-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 09:39 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 977 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
This is the new normal.....if you dont want comments, critiques, etc...post your car on autotrader and be done with it. Based on comps I dont think your car is worth what you say either. It would have sold already if it was, so please stop repeating it to try to convince some schlep.
He already shared that he was offered 220k. Comps? There are 35 manual .2 listed as of today. This supply has been dropping, not growing. His is blue PTS, 3,300 miles, manual, pccb, perfect condition. Subjectively worth a premium and currently one of a kind on the market. The closest alt would be a miami blue Touring with 5k miles, listed for 210, with an accident.
rhk118 (02-08-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 10:04 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod27
i think he is just upset at people who try to convince people on this board that their car is a great deal, so he is defensive or protective of us towards the car salesman mentality....maybe. I appreciate him. In today's society, propaganda is everywhere. CNN and MSNBC among others have turned off comments because people see through the BS.

If you don't like the prices of low mileage, high optioned pristine condition GT3's then posting your discontent isn't going to change anything and will make you look like the poor schlep. That's how you look, standing on the corner with your pockets inside out waiting for the bus You sure you're not the one watching CNN and MSNBC wanting everyone to pay their fair share?

Damnit, now I've been dragged into the mud....

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...