Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 03:30 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

As a former owner of a 991.2 3RS, they pumped out so many and Porsche is just pumping out a zillion new GT cars that are all awesome.....

I think there will only be one winner in the end...and that's Stuttgart

Good news: A zillion new awesome GT cars to come...
Bad news: GT resale will probably be a thing of the past imo
Verdict: I won't stop buying them, Fukk the resale, I'm going to THE TRACK TOMORROOOOOWWWW wooohooooo
The following users liked this post:
Manda Racing (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 03:34 PM
achenator
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Yeah 991.2 3RS's seem to be falling pretty quickly, all these cars were asking 10k+ more a month ago.
There was someone here that was selling a 19 miami blue RS in summer 2020. It took a while at $195 asking. I wonder if we are headed there.
Vinh Nguyen (02-18-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 05:08 PM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by unluckydrawer
I would be coming from a pleb 991.1 C4S, so I have no "bag bias" and I'd be sidelined capital here. And anecdotally, as sidelined capital, I feel zero fomo.

If this were a price chart, local bottom, then rally to absorb the demand from remaining fomo buyers, then plunge is my crystal ball guess.

I'm still comfortably sidelined, plenty of cars in the rotation.

If I were to buy today, it'd have to be a 991.2 RS. Smiles per Gallon ("SPG") has a price as well. I'd rather eat **** on a 991.2 3RS than a 991.2 GT3 if the market were to suddenly correct. I know this first hand because I'm currently eating **** on a another exotic vehicle I purchased in 2022 😂🥳. However, since it's a manufacturer known for producing exotic super cars as well as depreciating like a rock, it's been quite liberating and feeds into the idgaf attitude. So I enjoy that car with a big smile. With Porsche, to be brutally honest, a bit of a different story. It's an all-rounder sports car that's currently priced as an exotic. If I paid exotic super car price for a 911 sports car, and had to eat $50k in depreciation over the next 2-3 months, I don't think I'd be too pleased. Would definitely affect my SPG.

But I'm still leaning to my scenario quoted above. FOMO has clearly kicked back in to sweep the supply of 991.2 GT3s.

Usual disclaimer that I respect everyone's opinions, this is just mine yada yada.

Last edited by unluckydrawer; 02-17-2023 at 05:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by unluckydrawer:
Overdraft (02-18-2023), SoCalDan (02-17-2023), welikethetrack (02-17-2023)
Old 02-17-2023, 07:03 PM
alexisthemovie
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

If I were to buy today, it'd have to be a 991.2 RS. Smiles per Gallon ("SPG") has a price as well. I'd rather eat **** on a 991.2 3RS than a 991.2 GT3 if the market were to suddenly correct. I know this first hand because I'm currently eating **** on a another exotic vehicle I purchased in 2022 😂🥳. However, since it's a manufacturer known for producing exotic super cars as well as depreciating like a rock, it's been quite liberating and feeds into the idgaf attitude. So I enjoy that car with a big smile. With Porsche, to be brutally honest, a bit of a different story. It's an all-rounder sports car that's currently priced as an exotic. If I paid exotic super car price for a 911 sports car, and had to eat $50k in depreciation over the next 2-3 months, I don't think I'd be too pleased. Would definitely affect my SPG.

But I'm still leaning to my scenario quoted above. FOMO has clearly kicked back in to sweep the supply of 991.2 GT3s.

Usual disclaimer that I respect everyone's opinions, this is just mine yada yada.
I have very similar feelings and in a similar situation as you. Could easily enter now but still sidelined. I'm waiting until there are plenty of options sub $200k. Curious what market conditions you're looking for?
Old 02-18-2023, 01:13 AM
BLKMamba
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Yeah 991.2 3RS's seem to be falling pretty quickly, all these cars were asking 10k+ more a month ago.

I inquired about the lizard and chalk a couple days ago. Chalk sold today and someone put in a deposit on the lizard.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:08 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 965 Likes on 532 Posts

^^^
Fewest .2 RS listings in months on cars.com, maybe 30 serious listings. Not including the ones without front ends and fishermen listings approaching 300k. Also, increasingly disproportionate Lizard.

CPO w/ accident out of Texas posted last month moved, probably a great buy for someone. was listed at 221.9 w/ 11k miles.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:37 AM
Mrrdstr
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Touring

One more touring sold - https://www.classic.com/veh/2018-por...75652-45o98ZW/
Old 02-18-2023, 10:16 PM
jordanw
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I happen to be in the market for a 600LT if that’s the exotic you’re referring to that you’re currently eating **** on .
Old 02-19-2023, 12:55 PM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jordanw
I happen to be in the market for a 600LT if that’s the exotic you’re referring to that you’re currently eating **** on .
They've really dropped. Difference between long-term/forever holds and supercar novelty in a market downturn.
Old 02-19-2023, 08:30 PM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie
I have very similar feelings and in a similar situation as you. Could easily enter now but still sidelined. I'm waiting until there are plenty of options sub $200k. Curious what market conditions you're looking for?
In the peak of the bull market, all I heard from friends was something to the effect of: "8 figs not enough to retire bro, just look at inflation and money printer go brrr."
I'm seeing similar irrationality here, especially from those with bag bias (meaning folks who are current owners). "Ughhh, you neanderthal, it's a manual so 35k above msrp for a 5 year old 991.2 GT3 is totally reasonable; yup, HFSP."

So just a combination of liquidity and sentiment is what I'm looking for. There is still too much liquidity in the market. You and I, the sidelined capital, are also testament to this. A few more of us need to capitulate, buy these cars and FOMO in. Once the liquidity thins, the demand cools, and there will be a supply overhang. Especially if we are weighting a negative Macro outlook.

R/R for me is
a) buy for many 10k cheaper in a few months or
b) if wrong, and current market price is simply true inflation adjusted price since our dollars just mean nothing now, buy for 10k more in a few months (oooo 10k more, shiver me timbers)

Disclaimer: just my crystal ball opinion.

Originally Posted by jordanw
Haha close enough. I bought a different model because it had cool looking alien eyes. That was my purchase thesis.
jordanw (02-19-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 02:38 AM
JGlover
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
that’s my old car. Don’t let the miles scare you. It was very well maintained and cared for. Over 16k miles was my doing and that was on bbs mags. Trade in day last June and what it looked like under my ownership.

I just inquired about this car. Amazing to stumble across your post. Any stories or anything to note? Any PPF on the car?
Old 02-20-2023, 10:42 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

In the peak of the bull market, all I heard from friends was something to the effect of: "8 figs not enough to retire bro, just look at inflation and money printer go brrr."
I'm seeing similar irrationality here, especially from those with bag bias (meaning folks who are current owners). "Ughhh, you neanderthal, it's a manual so 35k above msrp for a 5 year old 991.2 GT3 is totally reasonable; yup, HFSP."

So just a combination of liquidity and sentiment is what I'm looking for. There is still too much liquidity in the market. You and I, the sidelined capital, are also testament to this. A few more of us need to capitulate, buy these cars and FOMO in. Once the liquidity thins, the demand cools, and there will be a supply overhang. Especially if we are weighting a negative Macro outlook.

R/R for me is
a) buy for many 10k cheaper in a few months or
b) if wrong, and current market price is simply true inflation adjusted price since our dollars just mean nothing now, buy for 10k more in a few months (oooo 10k more, shiver me timbers)

Disclaimer: just my crystal ball opinion.
With +/- 5-15% value swings being as inconsequential as you suggest pre-ownership and during ownership (agreed), just buy?

Liquidity and sentiment, too much liquidity, thinning liquidity, sidelined capital, capitulation, cooling demand, supply overhang, negative macro, inflation, bag bias, Ukraine's spring offensive, Bollinger Bands… fellas, just negotiate a great deal with one of these desperate dealers or bag holders, buy the fricking car and go for a drive. If you find it's not worth what you paid then flip it for one of the better ownership experiences in the price range, there are so many to choose from. That's how we know the market is irrational, GT3's are grossly overpriced and owners are out to lunch, because you'd rather have just about anything else for equal money
The following 5 users liked this post by ParadiseGT3:
achenator (02-21-2023), FirstPorscheGT3 (02-22-2023), fractionofawhole (02-22-2023), silvertige (02-20-2023), TheDangerZone (02-22-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 10:54 AM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Totally doesn’t confirm my statements 🫠

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
With +/- 5-15% value swings being as inconsequential as you suggest pre-ownership and during ownership (agreed), just buy?

Liquidity and sentiment, too much liquidity, thinning liquidity, sidelined capital, capitulation, cooling demand, supply overhang, negative macro, inflation, bag bias, Ukraine's spring offensive, Bollinger Bands… fellas, just negotiate a great deal with one of these desperate dealers or bag holders, buy the fricking car and go for a drive. If you find it's not worth what you paid then flip it for one of the better ownership experiences in the price range, there are so many to choose from. That's how we know the market is irrational, GT3's are grossly overpriced and owners are out to lunch, because you'd rather have just about anything else for equal money
The following 4 users liked this post by unluckydrawer:
fractionofawhole (02-22-2023), itrsteve (02-22-2023), Randy M (02-20-2023), silvertige (02-20-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 11:21 AM
ParadiseGT3
Three Wheelin'

Totally doesn’t confirm my statements 🫠

haha did you grab the wrong meme?? It's pretty apropos, some dude who knows better off in the corner. Maybe if the 991.2 owners turn the music down he'll tell them all about his sidelined capital.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:46 PM
unluckydrawer
Advanced

Originally Posted by ParadiseGT3
haha did you grab the wrong meme?? It's pretty apropos, some dude who knows better off in the corner. Maybe if the 991.2 owners turn the music down he'll tell them all about his sidelined capital.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...