Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 12:19 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 255 Posts

^^^ same car as this....Carrio listed it at $200k a few months ago, so $279k seems like looking for a sucker.

That said, CXX does not show up on VIN analytics, so that part is at least true (well, no way of knowing the actual CXX cost without seeing the original build sheet or window sticker)

Originally Posted by RapidGT
3k-mile PTS (Slate Grey?) Touring w/PCCB, FAL, buckets, full leather, and lots of CXX. Priced at $200k. The catch is it has had severe damage on the entire front half, undercarriage, and the rear. Surprised it was not listed as a salvage title on the Carfax.

https://www.carriomotorcars.com/used...AC2A93KS149160

VIN: WP0AC2A93KS149160
Edit: tying this together with the above convo, @JonnyIndy 's 12k mile car for same PTS color, similar options, same price but with (likely) 100% less accidents. I dunno.....seems simple to me. But again, I think just depends if your plans are to keep driving it or not.

Last edited by atlrvr; 07-26-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:36 PM
twist-a-grip
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by atlrvr
^^^ same car as this....Carrio listed it at $200k a few months ago, so $279k seems like looking for a sucker.

That said, CXX does not show up on VIN analytics, so that part is at least true (well, no way of knowing the actual CXX cost without seeing the original build sheet or window sticker)

Edit: tying this together with the above convo, @JonnyIndy 's 12k mile car for same PTS color, similar options, same price but with (likely) 100% less accidents. I dunno.....seems simple to me. But again, I think just depends if your plans are to keep driving it or not.
Thanks for all the info atlrvr - next time I'll search RL for the vin.. Just called Carrio and they said it did/does have structural damage and the guy who bought it from Manheim knows it as well. So, buyer beware.....again!!
Old 07-26-2022, 12:42 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by atlrvr
I see things differently, but I'm definitely not normal as my wife would tell you.

My PTS touring has > 18k miles. I waited to find the color I loved, and plan on keeping it forever, or at least a very long time. Mileage somewhat irrelevant at that point, but seeing the car everyday and never lusting for something different is worth a premium.

My point is, if slate grey was my favorite shade, and I planned on keeping for a long period or actually driving it, this price seems totally reasonable, and far more compelling than say, a linden green touring with 1k miles at the same price....or reverse is true if linden green is your thing

Only point is, the right buyer is a long term owner, not an "investor".
Totally agree... but most enthusiasts like to switch up cars quite a bit so resale price or difficulty of resale due to certain factors has to play some part of the equation. Or at least it does to me. That being said it's silly how much mileage affects 911's... but I guess less than Ferrari?

Anyhow it's just tough having one of the highest mileage examples on the market even if it is barely broken in at 12k.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:51 PM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

Selling mine….asking $287k …2650 miles, pristine condition without a scratch anywhere. Options are Standard Interior in Black Leather/Alcantara, FAL, PCCB, CF seats(no sofas), GT Silver metallic, 20/21" factory magnesium wheels, Weissach Package, Bose surround, sport chrono with lap trigger, voice control, upper housing of SportDesign exterior mirrors in carbon fiber, aluminum fuel cap, silver seat belts and door pulls(no lizard green anywhere), clear side marker lights, Fabspeed cat-back exhaust with carbon fiber tips(stock exhaust included), PPF, newly tinted windows, GT3RS OEM indoor car cover. The car was produced at the end of the run....May 20, 2019

Attached Images  

Last edited by Rod27; 07-26-2022 at 12:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (07-28-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 02:50 PM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyIndy
as the seller of the Slate Grey car in the marketplace, I’m curious if 12k miles is perceived as a lot…..?
Hey, prospective .2 GT3 buyer here just offering my two cents. 12k miles is not a lot (in the sense that I would not at all be worried about wear and tear) but it is significantly more miles than other cars that come to the market. Everything is relative, so all things being equal (which they never are, but still), the higher miles is a factor. You certainly could have a slate gray fan out there waiting in the wings, but what are the odds at this point given your car has been available for a little while now.

I personally am not a particularly picky buyer when it comes to color, there are probably a dozen or so that work for me. So for me, (again just my own personal situation), that asking price with that mileage drops it towards the bottom when weighed against other comparable tourings on the market.

Merit Partners typically prices near the top of the market and even they are asking for "only" 276k for a PTS Oak Green with 8k miles (not exactly apples to apples as I believe yours has buckets).

https://www.meritpartners.com/featur...reen-metallic/

Last edited by TheDangerZone; 07-26-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 04:51 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 111 Posts

Wow that Oak Green! Seems like a “deal”!
Old 07-26-2022, 05:50 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone
Hey, prospective .2 GT3 buyer here just offering my two cents. 12k miles is not a lot (in the sense that I would not at all be worried about wear and tear) but it is significantly more miles than other cars that come to the market. Everything is relative, so all things being equal (which they never are, but still), the higher miles is a factor. You certainly could have a slate gray fan out there waiting in the wings, but what are the odds at this point given your car has been available for a little while now.

I personally am not a particularly picky buyer when it comes to color, there are probably a dozen or so that work for me. So for me, (again just my own personal situation), that asking price with that mileage drops it towards the bottom when weighed against other comparable tourings on the market.

Merit Partners typically prices near the top of the market and even they are asking for "only" 276k for a PTS Oak Green with 8k miles (not exactly apples to apples as I believe yours has buckets).

And on the opposite end, I just paid $40k+ more to switch from a silver car to a red car because I wanted a red car (didn't even want Carmine, only Guards). I suppose patience will end up rewarding you...market forces not withstanding.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ro_Ja Boy:
porscherain (08-01-2022), SoCalDan (07-28-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 10:08 PM
TheDangerZone
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
And on the opposite end, I just paid $40k+ more to switch from a silver car to a red car because I wanted a red car (didn't even want Carmine, only Guards). I suppose patience will end up rewarding you...market forces not withstanding.
I’m normally not a very patient buyer but I am still trying to figure out how to free up a garage spot! My wife isn’t really keen on giving hers up, for some reason.

Congrats on your securing your dream car. Curious to see where your previous GT3 ends up when it closes in a couple of days on BaT!
The following users liked this post:
Ro_Ja Boy (07-27-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 10:49 PM
KOTB
Banned

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
LOL 😂 you should keep repeating that story until we figure out you fall in the 1% of the 1% to be able to afford that
Old 07-27-2022, 12:32 AM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KOTB
LOL 😂 you should keep repeating that story until we figure out you fall in the 1% of the 1% to be able to afford that
Far from it. Had a really strong deal on the first one and paid high market for the second. Not trying to “repeat the story”. Making a point that is helpful. What’s your point?
Old 07-27-2022, 02:03 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 840 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone

that tells me 276k is about top of market for a pts touring with decent miles
Old 07-28-2022, 10:54 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 80 Posts

Ro_Ja Boy’s OG silver failed to meet reserve, even after being cleaned up, market is softening?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-19/
Old 07-28-2022, 11:10 PM
BergGt3
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
Ro_Ja Boy’s OG silver failed to meet reserve, even after being cleaned up, market is softening?

I thought that was a fair price and should have sold.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:12 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbv1

No question it’s softening. The question is how soft does it get and when. Imagine people are waiting for a bottom (like the housing market) before they start buying again.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:13 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BergGt3
I thought that was a fair price and should have sold.
To that point, I had a lot of interest for the car with a $185k asking price just a few months ago…hence why I don’t think there’s a question it’s softened.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...