Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018 | 10:03 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul
What now? Dealers charge extra price for able to choose your own color? Its like low cost carrier airlines?

So if don't pay ADM, people do can get a .2 GT3RS but they just can't choose the color? Dealer will let you build your whole spec (front lift or not, bucket or not) but just not the color?

How to dealers prevent people from choosing the color they want anyways.
"What color do you want?"
"Lizard Green"
"Ok, no you can't get that, any other color is ok, unless you pay ADM"

Does ADM and color picking go hand in hand? So people who paid ADM would be able to get it without ADM if they give up their color choice? And people who paid MSRP most likely won't be able to pick their own colors?
Hello my friend just saw your post. I will assume for the moment you are not writing this in jest and if you are.......very clever. The color (colour) selection and the ADM are true-true and unrelated. The ADM is simply the price of admission to the Porsche GT car world.......After you pay the "admission" charge, so to speak, your free to choose whatever color (colour) on the configurator you like.

Last edited by Porsch2018; 05-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-14-2018 | 10:09 AM
major dad
Racer

Mine has arrived to Porsche Belfast and I’m collecting it next Monday. PM me
Old 05-14-2018 | 10:18 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by major dad

Mine has arrived to Porsche Belfast and I’m collecting it next Monday. PM me
So cool.....congratulations......post allot of pictures for those of us in the USA that have to wait.
Old 05-14-2018 | 10:47 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Can anyone recommend a protective windshield coating they like? I have read about ExoShield and wondering if anyone has any feedback based upon personal experience with this or with any other systems. I realize there is an issue with reported delamination and PPF coverage over the headlights but are people still inclined to cover the headlights with a PPF in-spite of the stated risk? I would prefer avoiding the inevitable windshield and headlight chips.
Old 05-14-2018 | 11:16 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by AA68
What is everyone doing with the sticker on the side--delete or no delete?

My '16 has no sticker (car is white) and it looks so clean.

My '19 currently has the sticker, but before it locks in a few weeks I'm thinking about doing the delete to keep that clean look.
I ordered side delete of the decal on door for my LG+ WP RS. With all the black on the car from wheels, frunk and roof, the side decal just seemed like too much...cleaned up the look abit to delete it.. However ,I would have left it on for a non-WP car.
Old 05-14-2018 | 12:18 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Makes sense. I guess I will probably leave on (non-WP car).
I'm a big fan of the 997.1 Black/Orange/Green RS, so when I saw lizard green with black side script I was sold
Old 05-14-2018 | 12:58 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Makes sense. I guess I will probably leave on (non-WP car).
I've gone back and forth, going to leave it on for now and try it a bit, then putting NS2 decals anyway.
Old 05-14-2018 | 02:23 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by scott parker
Not my my car but basically my spec

I like gold wheels, but as much as I try, can't like these aurum ones. The satin/matte finish makes them look plasticky.

These white-gold ones on the GT2 RS, OTOH, look fantastic. Anyone know if they are the same fitment as 3RS?

Old 05-14-2018 | 03:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

White gold wheels > Aurum wheels
Old 05-14-2018 | 03:32 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Is the side GT3RS decal removable after taking delivery? or is it paint?
Old 05-14-2018 | 03:36 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Can anyone recommend a protective windshield coating they like? I have read about ExoShield and wondering if anyone has any feedback based upon personal experience with this or with any other systems. I realize there is an issue with reported delamination and PPF coverage over the headlights but are people still inclined to cover the headlights with a PPF in-spite of the stated risk? I would prefer avoiding the inevitable windshield and headlight chips.
Exoshield is more clear and durable than Clearplex with my experience. It scratches less and have less rainbow/patterns when looking through the windshield. No coating will protect your shield and headlights from actual chips, detailers and installers will claim they can, but really no. You need an acutal PPF.

For headlight you either gotta choose delamination or chips, one or the other. Delaminated headlights can be sanded down, polished and re-clear coated to look brand new and put on new PPF again.
Old 05-14-2018 | 03:41 PM
scott parker
Intermediate

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sunnyr
I like gold wheels, but as much as I try, can't like these aurum ones. The satin/matte finish makes them look plasticky.

These white-gold ones on the GT2 RS, OTOH, look fantastic. Anyone know if they are the same fitment as 3RS?

You know what, you could be right. I will get a few miles under the belt and let the novelty wear off and then see about getting them repainted in gloss white gold
Old 05-14-2018 | 04:19 PM
chaosoul
Pro

There is merit to many of your points but I have a few month history with the Porsche brand, and I a not, nor will I be for sometime considered a long time established client. I also realize that there are people who achieve VIP status in other ways but I again, sadly, am not numbered amongst that august body. Here in the USA, understanding Canada is different, if you want a GT car and do not want to wait several years on the master super secret "list" and play the game the ADM is a reality. Now we can discuss how much of an ADM one can manage but I feel many of the dealerships are setting the ADM admission price higher with the first batch of allocations and those ADMs may improve over the next several months but for now welcome to the land of you have no choice, that is, if you want a GT3-RS.
Hello my friend just saw your post. I will assume for the moment you are not writing this in jest and if you are.......very clever. The color (colour) selection and the ADM are true-true and unrelated. The ADM is simply the price of admission to the Porsche GT car world.......After you pay the "admission" charge, so to speak, your free to choose whatever color (colour) on the configurator you like.
What are you talking about Canada is different? I'm talking about US only since it pertains to you lol.

Contrary to popular beliefs, most GT cars are actually sold at MSRP or under. Most dealers that said "we're selling all our RS at 70k over" are actually selling like 1/3 to half to their cars at MSRP, and then counting in dealers who only sell cars at MSRP, the ratio is adjusted. They won't ever tell you that though or admit it, because then customers think they would have a chance or have some way to get on the list of getting it at MSRP. Even in California where the demand is the highest, and some people believe many greedy dealers are selling only at ADM, in truth many people bought it at MSRP and under from those dealers people swore they always charge mark up.

How people reach VIP status is a different story. Which is why I explained to you there are many types of VIPs as I described above. Not for your case, but I'm breaking down the whole demographics of dealer VIPs, saying that most VIPs are not as you mentioned losing 65-130k on new cars and wait for 5 years just to get one GT3 RS. Those people that you described do exist but its a minority (like ~20% of dealer VIPs). And yes, I realize you cannot go back in time and start buying Porsche since 1990s and buy 993 turbo, 996 GT3, 997 GT3RS etc. But many people actually did, and they're only buying GT cars model to model at MSRP. Many people people also don't lose as much as you mentioned, spent 20-30k on losses over 3-4 cars over 5 years instead and in return getting not just one GT3 RS but both .1 and .2, as well as other models like .2GT3 and GT3 etc (Also the benefit of just driving brand new non GT Porsche included in the cost). Besides dealer VIPs, there are also non-dealer VIPs, like VVIP status from Porsche.

So, I'm not saying these are all the options you can reach now to become VIP, some of them are no longer viable to you, but some do. Just saying how dealer VIPs are and not all VIPs are like you mentioned have to "waste" or "lose" that much money to just get one GT3RS at MSRP. Paying ADM is totally fine too, I'm not saying you shouldn't, I am just telling you the facts so you're informed what other owner's situations are.

And of course the color picking is sarcasm. Its absurd if you have to pay ADM to pick color, then many people will gladly give up their color choice to get a car at MSRP.

I've been helping people with dealer allocations, ADMs, MSRPs, build status, custom tailoring for a long time now. Giving them insight to options, builds, CXX, market prices, dealer games, future models etc. Check out my help threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ic-8-ball.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...hread-304.html
Old 05-14-2018 | 04:36 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by 0to60
Luck had nothing to do with his color choice. The ADM he paid had everything to do with it. Say no to ADM's
He is acting like a know it all, and I was just helping him stroke his ego. He obviously doesn't give a hoot about what others think of him, or what others think of what he says. Doesn't even know who chaosoul is.
Old 05-14-2018 | 04:44 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Andial
He is acting like a know it all, and I was just helping him stroke his ego. He obviously doesn't give a hoot about what others think of him, or what others think of what he says. Doesn't even know who chaosoul is.
Reads between the lines. The ADM is what enabled the "poser" to get an allocation. Without the ADM he does not get the allocation. Choice in color has nothing to do with the ADM, but rather the admission ticket for the allocation and of course pick your color.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS