Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018 | 02:06 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tvasbn
I sign the bellow order form, but to be fair dealer told me that he is not 100% that he could give me the car.

It’s as I thought. You were given a tentative allocation and allowed to spec the car. There wasn’t an official order with a commission number. If it’s any consolation to you, there are many in the US who have submitted an order V200 without any guarantee they will ever have the order filled.
Old 05-14-2018 | 02:08 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
What a positively inane and obtuse comment. Let me break down the ADM for others that potentially would benefit from an alternate perspective. Firstly, those that obtain MSRP deals are generally but not always the long term clients what is often referred to as a VIP. So what does it take to become a VIP, not guarantee it mind you, it requires you at a minimum make multiple car purchases over time and with each purchase more often then not on resale or trade you take an associated loss. New cars lose around 11% the moment you leave the lot then 15 to 25% for each year of ownership, and after 5 years, with exception, the car is worth about 37% of what you paid 5 years prior. Pretty steep nose dive in value wouldn’t you say? Let’s say VIP customer, let’s call him Mr. Rotorhead buys a average specced 911 for 120K and hold on to the car for 2 years and does this 3 times to become a VIP (though after three modest purchases admittedly that would be a little unlikely but I want to create a scenario that favors your stated concern). So that originally purchased 120K Porsche 911 under the most favorable scenario after two years of ownership is now worth ~ 77K*. That is 43K loss per vehicle and after three such slam dunks (6 years +/-) Mr. Rotorhead is now achieved the coveted VIP status, and his losses are somewhere in the neighborhood of 130K. Even if I cut the losses in half because Mr. Rotorhead is a slick customer, and a fast talker, or just happens to walk on water…….we are still talking about 65K in losses and a 5 or 6 year wait.
So now Mr. Camshaft comes along and pays an ADM of 40 to 50K and gets a GT car immediately not having to wait the obligatory a 5 or 6 years and a car, I might add, that will hold it’s value much better then the non-GT Porsches……hmmmmmmmmmmmm……I ask you who seems like they crafted a better deal?
I would love to continue this debate with you but I have to go on to the Suncoast website and buy some cool accessories for my 2019 991.2 GT3-RS with the money I saved (not to mention the time I did not have spend in Porsche purgatory).

* assumptions: 11% loss after leaving the lot then 15% loss each of the subsequent two years
I stand by my statement. A person commented that you were lucky to choose your color. I responded it wasn't luck, but rather the ADM you paid.
How is this incorrect ?
Old 05-14-2018 | 03:32 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
Anyone else able to confirm ship dates pulled forward?
I have a UK car coming (no WP available). It should have been delivered this week but was delayed, I think because of yellow stitching. I hope it doesn’t get delayed again.

Originally Posted by cbrett
i place one of these cushions in each of our LWB's for long drives. most people don't visually notice them as they are a dark blue and are kinda close to the black alacantara inserts. they are cheap and make a huge difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Lumbar..._&dpSrc=detail
I will order one of these and keep it in my frunk. It’s a great idea as you never know if the driver or passenger can start getting a sore lower back. Mine plus up from time to time.

Exaxtly my spec but I have gold wheels and no side decals (they were grey on configurator). I have to say I find the black a bit underwhelming without WP. I showed my wife lizard and nearly fell over laughing. “What the hell is that! No lizard on earth is that colour! Forget it!

Last edited by BrntRubber; 05-14-2018 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-14-2018 | 03:52 AM
Jangobipbip
Racer

Black on Black delivery. With yellow accents. Fantastic combo.

Old 05-14-2018 | 04:31 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

What do we know about a new intake system on the 991.2.2 GT3RS?
991.2.2 meaning with particle filter. built for EU within 2019. ready for Euro6c.

991.2 GT3 R (race car) got this upgrade already. single throttle bodies (now 6 (2019) instead of 2 (2016) bodies). What a new groundbreaking technology! ...
source: https://files1.porsche.com/filestore...schreibung.pdf

So why not bring it also with the 991.2.2 GT3RS? to fill the loss of power based on the particle filter.

does the 991.2 MDG 4.0l engine have one or two throttle bodies? i think one as the Metzgers?

even if the 991.1 GT3 R got already two.
based on source: https://files3.porsche.com/filestore...schreibung.pdf
Old 05-14-2018 | 04:32 AM
chaosoul
Pro

I am not as confident that the ADM is going to be eliminated, there is a dealership in Texas that has been selling 3RS allocations for a 75K ADM; they sold 6 and have one remaining. Regarding Porsche stepping up production........how would any of us ever be able to get that information and consider it reliable? It's seems I hear vastly different figures from multiple "in the know" sources. I would love to know the true 3RS production figures but that is clearly not ever going to happen........unless of course, as I have heard several people reference on this forum, I hire the right gardener and/or cleaning lady.
On top of that there is occasional disinformation being posted by members on this forum with various diverse, not always forthright motivations.
Originally Posted by Nick
Predicting RS production numbers is a fools errand. Too many variables. But it’s safe to say the numbers even as high as 5000 will mean less than 2500 for the US. That’s not a lot.
First of all, production numbers are not set at the beginning of production but close to the end of production. Even if you have a cleaning lady like the president of Porsche, or head of production, he wouldn't be able to tell you the production number even in ball park for the entire .2 GT3 RS cycle. For the first 6-8 months, GT4 and .1 GT3RS had an estimated North America production of ~1400 and ~1000, even the PCNA that handles all allocation was told that; and then the end production was ~2100, and ~1450, thats like 50% more. For 991.1 GT3, PCNA PAG no one knew there would be a 2016 GT3 internally, then voila, 2016. Most people think Porsche have everything figured out and everything is more or less set in a strict schedule. I was told many times this car will be debut at this month of this year by Porsche internal heads themselves and then schedule changed didn't happen. AP told VIP customer his promised allocated GT2RS will have 670hp like 8 months before the car debut, then nope, its not 670hp.
Old 05-14-2018 | 04:39 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Andial
I don't feel anything for or against LG, but you are lucky you can get the colour you want.
Originally Posted by 0to60
Luck had nothing to do with his color choice. The ADM he paid had everything to do with it. Say no to ADM's
Thank you, very pleased with the Lizard Green colour choice........few more months.
Originally Posted by 0to60
I stand by my statement. A person commented that you were lucky to choose your color. I responded it wasn't luck, but rather the ADM you paid.
How is this incorrect ?
What now? Dealers charge extra price for able to choose your own color? Its like low cost carrier airlines?

So if don't pay ADM, people do can get a .2 GT3RS but they just can't choose the color? Dealer will let you build your whole spec (front lift or not, bucket or not) but just not the color?

How to dealers prevent people from choosing the color they want anyways.
"What color do you want?"
"Lizard Green"
"Ok, no you can't get that, any other color is ok, unless you pay ADM"

Does ADM and color picking go hand in hand? So people who paid ADM would be able to get it without ADM if they give up their color choice? And people who paid MSRP most likely won't be able to pick their own colors?
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:15 AM
chaosoul
Pro

What a positively inane and obtuse comment. Let me break down the ADM for others that potentially would benefit from an alternate perspective. Firstly, those that obtain MSRP deals are generally but not always the long term clients what is often referred to as a VIP. So what does it take to become a VIP, not guarantee it mind you, it requires you at a minimum make multiple car purchases over time and with each purchase more often then not on resale or trade you take an associated loss. New cars lose around 11% the moment you leave the lot then 15 to 25% for each year of ownership, and after 5 years, with exception, the car is worth about 37% of what you paid 5 years prior. Pretty steep nose dive in value wouldn’t you say? Let’s say VIP customer, let’s call him Mr. Rotorhead buys a average specced 911 for 120K and hold on to the car for 2 years and does this 3 times to become a VIP (though after three modest purchases admittedly that would be a little unlikely but I want to create a scenario that favors your stated concern). So that originally purchased 120K Porsche 911 under the most favorable scenario after two years of ownership is now worth ~ 77K*. That is 43K loss per vehicle and after three such slam dunks (6 years +/-) Mr. Rotorhead is now achieved the coveted VIP status, and his losses are somewhere in the neighborhood of 130K. Even if I cut the losses in half because Mr. Rotorhead is a slick customer, and a fast talker, or just happens to walk on water…….we are still talking about 65K in losses and a 5 or 6 year wait.
So now Mr. Camshaft comes along and pays an ADM of 40 to 50K and gets a GT car immediately not having to wait the obligatory a 5 or 6 years and a car, I might add, that will hold it’s value much better then the non-GT Porsches……hmmmmmmmmmmmm……I ask you who seems like they crafted a better deal?
I would love to continue this debate with you but I have to go on to the Suncoast website and buy some cool accessories for my 2019 991.2 GT3-RS with the money I saved (not to mention the time I did not have spend in Porsche purgatory).

* assumptions: 11% loss after leaving the lot then 15% loss each of the subsequent two years
You're assuming too many things. Yes, some VIP are of what you described above, what exact % is unknown, but from the 30+ VIPs I know, less than 25% are like that. And when I mean by "like that" I mean taking 65k - 130k losses on new Porsche over 5 or 6 years to get one GT3RS at MSRP.

I've covered these topics in the past but since you're new i'll reiterate a little:

One other type of dealer VIP are people who do take those 65k - 200k losses on multiple new "ordinary model" cars (new Porsche every year), but they don't just get one GT3RS. Between 2015 and 2018, they got .1 GT3, .1GT3 RS, GT4, .2GT3, and .2 GT3RS for MSRP (and some lower than MSRP), on top of the ordinary "new Porsche". I know some that even got 2014 GT3, 2015 GT3, and 2016 GT3 and multiple GT4 and multiple .2 GT3.

Another type of dealer VIP are people who just been buying cars at the dealer for like 20+ years, so they have 930, 993 turbo, 996 GT2, 997.1 RS, 997.2 RS, RS 4.0 etc throughout all the years and some sold them and some kept them but all appreciated a lot, they don't really buy "non GT" cars, and dealer just call them up as the next GT car announces because the dealer trust them and know their intentions instead of dealing with unknown customers. These people also get more than just one GT car every 5 years, just RS they would have 2 between 2016 and 2018, plus GT3 and GT4s if they choose.

Another type of dealer VIP are those like the one you described but super smart about the cars they pick as "non GT" cars. They still achieve dealer VIP by buying a "non GT" every year or 2 years. 2015 Macan S with base necessity like premium package only and 5-7% discount is around 53k, look at how much 2015 Macan S with 30k miles or so (clean one owner history) are average auctioning off for, low 40s. That's 11k ~13k loss over 3.5 years (car released in May 2014). 2017 Macan GTS, most are still trading at purchase price or a few thousand below (original purchase price of MSRP minus 6-8%) after 2 years (car released in March 2016), thats 0k ~ 5k loss over 2 years. Cayman R are still trading at 5-10k under purchase price back in 2012 (1k per year loss). 987 Boxster Spyder and 981 boxster spyder, just to name a few. It may seem implausible that someone picked only the cars that didn't depreciate but most of these are pros that been doing this for 15+ years or are car industry people buying their own personal cars. Same here these people are getting multiple RS and GT3s and such over the years.

The list goes on (people who buy only used non-GT cars, people who are just cool, and more), there are so many types of dealer VIP that all are considered VIP in their own ways, your theory encompass some but not a majority percentage. And that's just dealer VIPs, then there's Porsche VIPs, who still get their car from a dealer, which are mostly categorized into PMNA VIPs, 918 VIPs, and PCNA VIPs.
Old 05-14-2018 | 06:40 AM
Metzeger
Pro

Some pictures find of the GT3 R motor.

Old 05-14-2018 | 07:36 AM
scott parker
Intermediate

Not my my car but basically my spec

Old 05-14-2018 | 09:27 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scott parker
Not my my car but basically my spec

Gold wheels with LG is not to my taste...but each to their own. They look great with red and black...but green. I have gone with platinum wheels on my LG.
Old 05-14-2018 | 09:34 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul
You're assuming too many things. Yes, some VIP are of what you described above, what exact % is unknown, but from the 30+ VIPs I know, less than 25% are like that. And when I mean by "like that" I mean taking 65k - 130k losses on new Porsche over 5 or 6 years to get one GT3RS at MSRP.

I've covered these topics in the past but since you're new i'll reiterate a little:

One other type of dealer VIP are people who do take those 65k - 200k losses on multiple new "ordinary model" cars (new Porsche every year), but they don't just get one GT3RS. Between 2015 and 2018, they got .1 GT3, .1GT3 RS, GT4, .2GT3, and .2 GT3RS for MSRP (and some lower than MSRP), on top of the ordinary "new Porsche". I know some that even got 2014 GT3, 2015 GT3, and 2016 GT3 and multiple GT4 and multiple .2 GT3.

Another type of dealer VIP are people who just been buying cars at the dealer for like 20+ years, so they have 930, 993 turbo, 996 GT2, 997.1 RS, 997.2 RS, RS 4.0 etc throughout all the years and some sold them and some kept them but all appreciated a lot, they don't really buy "non GT" cars, and dealer just call them up as the next GT car announces because the dealer trust them and know their intentions instead of dealing with unknown customers. These people also get more than just one GT car every 5 years, just RS they would have 2 between 2016 and 2018, plus GT3 and GT4s if they choose.

Another type of dealer VIP are those like the one you described but super smart about the cars they pick as "non GT" cars. They still achieve dealer VIP by buying a "non GT" every year or 2 years. 2015 Macan S with base necessity like premium package only and 5-7% discount is around 53k, look at how much 2015 Macan S with 30k miles or so (clean one owner history) are average auctioning off for, low 40s. That's 11k ~13k loss over 3.5 years (car released in May 2014). 2017 Macan GTS, most are still trading at purchase price or a few thousand below (original purchase price of MSRP minus 6-8%) after 2 years (car released in March 2016), thats 0k ~ 5k loss over 2 years. Cayman R are still trading at 5-10k under purchase price back in 2012 (1k per year loss). 987 Boxster Spyder and 981 boxster spyder, just to name a few. It may seem implausible that someone picked only the cars that didn't depreciate but most of these are pros that been doing this for 15+ years or are car industry people buying their own personal cars. Same here these people are getting multiple RS and GT3s and such over the years.

The list goes on (people who buy only used non-GT cars, people who are just cool, and more), there are so many types of dealer VIP that all are considered VIP in their own ways, your theory encompass some but not a majority percentage. And that's just dealer VIPs, then there's Porsche VIPs, who still get their car from a dealer, which are mostly categorized into PMNA VIPs, 918 VIPs, and PCNA VIPs.
There is merit to many of your points but I have a few month history with the Porsche brand, and I a not, nor will I be for sometime considered a long time established client. I also realize that there are people who achieve VIP status in other ways but I again, sadly, am not numbered amongst that august body. Here in the USA, understanding Canada is different, if you want a GT car and do not want to wait several years on the master super secret "list" and play the game the ADM is a reality. Now we can discuss how much of an ADM one can manage but I feel many of the dealerships are setting the ADM admission price higher with the first batch of allocations and those ADMs may improve over the next several months but for now welcome to the land of you have no choice, that is, if you want a GT3-RS.

Last edited by Porsch2018; 05-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2018 | 09:38 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AA68
What is everyone doing with the sticker on the side--delete or no delete?

My '16 has no sticker (car is white) and it looks so clean.

My '19 currently has the sticker, but before it locks in a few weeks I'm thinking about doing the delete to keep that clean look.
I initially was in the delete camp but my wife fell in love with he side decal .......it has grown on me; I like it quite a bit now.

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Gold wheels with LG is not to my taste...but each to their own. They look great with red and black...but green. I have gone with platinum wheels on my LG.
Absolutely correct, color (colour) is a very personal choice and for me LG and Gold wheels, and dare I say it, LG interior and LG seat belts are pretty cool.

Last edited by Porsch2018; 05-14-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-14-2018 | 09:49 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
I showed my wife lizard and nearly fell over laughing. “What the hell is that! No lizard on earth is that colour! Forget it!
Well at least you are both in agreement as my wife and I are about the Lizard Green beauty, and for full disclosure, I can neither prove nor disprove that Porsches rendition of Lizard Green is accurate, that is I am not a trained herpetologist but we can state emphatically that we both love the color (colour).
Old 05-14-2018 | 09:57 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

I have had a .2 997 RS, a .1 GT3, a .1 RS, a .2 GT3 and soon a .2 RS. All at MSRP plus other cars I wanted. What's the problem with someone paying ADM? I paid it on a used 458. So what? I could have the car that day as apposed to 1.5 years later. Open market price is MSRP plus ADM.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS