Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018 | 04:55 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chaosoul
What are you talking about Canada is different? I'm talking about US only since it pertains to you lol.

Contrary to popular beliefs, most GT cars are actually sold at MSRP or under. Most dealers that said "we're selling all our RS at 70k over" are actually selling like 1/3 to half to their cars at MSRP, and then counting in dealers who only sell cars at MSRP, the ratio is adjusted. They won't ever tell you that though or admit it, because then customers think they would have a chance or have some way to get on the list of getting it at MSRP. Even in California where the demand is the highest, and some people believe many greedy dealers are selling only at ADM, in truth many people bought it at MSRP and under from those dealers people swore they always charge mark up.

How people reach VIP status is a different story. Which is why I explained to you there are many types of VIPs as I described above. Not for your case, but I'm breaking down the whole demographics of dealer VIPs, saying that most VIPs are not as you mentioned losing 65-130k on new cars and wait for 5 years just to get one GT3 RS. Those people that you described do exist but its a minority (like ~20% of dealer VIPs). And yes, I realize you cannot go back in time and start buying Porsche since 1990s and buy 993 turbo, 996 GT3, 997 GT3RS etc. But many people actually did, and they're only buying GT cars model to model at MSRP. Many people people also don't lose as much as you mentioned, spent 20-30k on losses over 3-4 cars over 5 years instead and in return getting not just one GT3 RS but both .1 and .2, as well as other models like .2GT3 and GT3 etc (Also the benefit of just driving brand new non GT Porsche included in the cost). Besides dealer VIPs, there are also non-dealer VIPs, like VVIP status from Porsche.

So, I'm not saying these are all the options you can reach now to become VIP, some of them are no longer viable to you, but some do. Just saying how dealer VIPs are and not all VIPs are like you mentioned have to "waste" or "lose" that much money to just get one GT3RS at MSRP. Paying ADM is totally fine too, I'm not saying you shouldn't, I am just telling you the facts so you're informed what other owner's situations are.

And of course the color picking is sarcasm. Its absurd if you have to pay ADM to pick color, then many people will gladly give up their color choice to get a car at MSRP.

I've been helping people with dealer allocations, ADMs, MSRPs, build status, custom tailoring for a long time now. Giving them insight to options, builds, CXX, market prices, dealer games, future models etc. Check out my help threads:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ic-8-ball.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...hread-304.html

@chaosoul, your the man..........thanks again for helping me understand the ins and outs.......appreciated!
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:06 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Exoshield is more clear and durable than Clearplex with my experience. It scratches less and have less rainbow/patterns when looking through the windshield. No coating will protect your shield and headlights from actual chips, detailers and installers will claim they can, but really no. You need an acutal PPF.

For headlight you either gotta choose delamination or chips, one or the other. Delaminated headlights can be sanded down, polished and re-clear coated to look brand new and put on new PPF again.
Based upon your experience do you think windshield coverage is the way to go or not? Do you PPF your headlights?
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:27 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
White gold wheels > Aurum wheels
I've actually put in a CXX request for Aurum painted wheels on my GT2RS because I dislike the White Gold color so much.
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:32 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Based upon your experience do you think windshield coverage is the way to go or not? Do you PPF your headlights?
Yes go with windshield PPF, Exoshield over Clearplex. If you use windshield wiper, eventually it will be scratched up and will have to be replaced. Both windshield PPF also include insurance from manufacturer if it does break through.

I just hate replacing windshield because of the seal and squeak it could cause afterwards (not always, but sometimes).

I PPF headlights. Usually never took them off, but I also put ceramic coating between headlight and PPF.
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:43 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Yes go with windshield PPF, Exoshield over Clearplex. If you use windshield wiper, eventually it will be scratched up and will have to be replaced. Both windshield PPF also include insurance from manufacturer if it does break through.

I just hate replacing windshield because of the seal and squeak it could cause afterwards (not always, but sometimes).

I PPF headlights. Usually never took them off, but I also put ceramic coating between headlight and PPF.
You are quite gracious about sharing your expertise, greatly appreciated.....clearly there is no substitute for experience.
Old 05-14-2018 | 05:53 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Great info, Thanks Chaosoul. I always looked at a windshield as being a wear item, or disposable, but I am definitely going to try Exoshield because I hate having to replace the factory windshield because of being peppered. As for the ppf on the headlights, I went overboard and ceramic coated, then ppf, then ceramic coated on top.
Old 05-14-2018 | 06:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

So aurum is different then the gold wheels on the GT2RS?

Im also ordering LG with decal and gold wheels, and yes maybe will paint later. Unless I can make a PTS and ED happen..

never er heard of Exoshield but will try next time instead of Clearplex.
Old 05-14-2018 | 06:56 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So aurum is different then the gold wheels on the GT2RS?

Yes it's several shades darker/richer than the white gold.

Btw I asked Exclusive and they told me 3RS and 2RS wheels aren't identically sized offset wise ... otherwise I would have just gotten the Aurum wheels from a dealership as a second set rather than CXX them.
Old 05-14-2018 | 07:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Curious that the offset is different.
Wonder why?

Well the aurum is a no cost option, so that’s how we start out I guess. I like the white gold GT2RS color better...
Old 05-14-2018 | 07:18 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Old 05-14-2018 | 07:22 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Curious that the offset is different.
Wonder why?
It also surprised me when they told me the 2RS and 3RS had different wheel offsets, but as it was Exclusive that told me I took their word for it.

Although if would but my mind at peace if one of the knowledgable members here confirmed it.
Old 05-14-2018 | 07:26 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Just had my latest Evo mag in the post where they test the new RS on the IOM..I'll read it later in bed however i had a quick peek at the pictures, and to my utter delight there was a RY RS with WS, PCCBs and gold wheels..Its of particular significance to me as i'm hoping on chopping in my RY GT3 in for a WP RS early next year.
Old 05-14-2018 | 07:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soulsea

been there before :-)

Old 05-14-2018 | 07:54 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

been there before :-)

Nice!

So the (what I'm guessing are magnesium) wheels on the 997 3RS were white gold?
Old 05-14-2018 | 08:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes, white gold.
I’d like to do it again with matching decals, mirrors and wing tips.
It was a good look. The 997RS after that one, I did it all in silver, looked also very clean.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS