New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:22 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Perhaps I missed something (obviously 7MTs don’t exist), but the 991.1 GT3 wasn’t really “popular”. Not with the PDK only option (reason I and many others did not buy), along with the FF engine issues. Hell, there were less 991.1 GT3s produced than 991.1 RS.

But how exactly is the GT3+MT buyer population is much smaller than PDK buyers? Last we saw, 53% of all 991.2 GT3s wer MT and 47% were PDK (for North America). So how is 53% the minority? I mean, if more than half the supply is MT, and still commands a higher premium (due to higher demand) than the alternative (PDK), then most buyers want MTs, not PDKs... Unless you’re referring to ROW, where it’s supposed to be 25% MT, 75% PDK...
The 991.1 GT3 brought in a whole new segment of the public into the GT market. Visit a track session sometime where there's a bunch of GT3s, and many of those owners will either be (1) first-time DE / HPDE participants or (2) first time GT owners/drivers. This has nothing to do with the total number of cars produced. The PDK equipped GT3 merely increased the total demand for the car, which is why ADMs and flippers were so much more prevalent for the 991.1 GT3 (and RS).

As to the uptake on MT versus PDK in the U.S. (roughly 1:1), it just proves my point that the demand for MT is more intense. Because most MT cars bought today are sold for an ADM, and an ADM higher than for a comparably equipped PDK. But intensity in demand does not equal more demand.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The 991.1 GT3 brought in a whole new segment of the public into the GT market. Visit a track session sometime where there's a bunch of GT3s, and many of those owners will either be (1) first-time DE / HPDE participants or (2) first time GT owners/drivers. This has nothing to do with the total number of cars produced. The PDK equipped GT3 merely increased the total demand for the car, which is why ADMs and flippers were so much more prevalent for the 991.1 GT3 (and RS).

As to the uptake on MT versus PDK in the U.S. (roughly 1:1), it just proves my point that the demand for MT is more intense. Because most MT cars bought today are sold for an ADM, and an ADM higher than for a comparably equipped PDK. But intensity in demand does not equal more demand.
This is all nonsense. Same old dick swinging 'all the noobs wanted PDK' crap some of you keep repeating in here to make you feel superior. There's no evidence of any of it or which tranny really has more demand now or in the future. Just speculation and opinion.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:37 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
This is all nonsense. Same old dick swinging 'all the noobs wanted PDK' crap some of you keep repeating in here to make you feel superior. There's no evidence of any of it or which tranny really has more demand now or in the future. Just speculation and opinion.
Feel superior?

Not here. I'm a PDK die-hard. Can't wait for the 8sp PDK-S
Old 03-01-2018, 01:20 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe I'm in the minority, I went from 991.1 GT3 to 991.2 PDK. I'm sold on PDK, paddle your gears when you desire, auto mode when you want. I suspect the MT has more demand in the USA v ROW. Lol PAG letting its buyers have a 6 speed at no cost, PDK costs a lot more.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Howydo
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Feel superior?

Not here. I'm a PDK die-hard. Can't wait for the 8sp PDK-S
I went with Pdk on .2 as well . It’s really amazing and even faster than .1 Gt3. Friend wend with manual which I drove and liked it as well . Can’t really go wrong with either option .
Old 03-01-2018, 02:10 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Was at Stevens Creek, CA for service today - they received this yesterday ......

Old 03-01-2018, 02:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

That's a very BLAH spec.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:29 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Was at Stevens Creek, CA for service today - they received this yesterday ......

Yet they couldn't get me an allocation even after 3 cars purchased in the last 3 years...
Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,984 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Yet they couldn't get me an allocation even after 3 cars purchased in the last 3 years...
That's a FAIL! Whoever specced that car needs to be punched....no extended tank, yellow belts but with red calipers?, key painted in racing yellow, really?, and don't get me started on the sofa seats. haha

GEEZZZ...*FACE PALM SHAKING HEAD*
Old 03-01-2018, 04:33 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If this is a South Bay dealer, I'd be interested to know as well. I'm buying out of State and have asked the selling dealer if this is possible. If so, I'm going to ask my local dealer if they'll do it. Alternatively, I've asked about LA PEC delivery.

I was reading somewhere that LA PEC delivery could delay the delivery of your car, because there is a lot of demand for it and they can only deliver so many cars per day. Not sure if that’s still the case, but something to look into.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 AM
BOS991.2
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIW - Not sure if my situation is unique or if there are others in the same boat but my Sep build will be my first GT3 and there is absolutely no way I would be buying one if I couldn't get it in MT.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:24 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That's a FAIL! Whoever specced that car needs to be punched....no extended tank, yellow belts but with red calipers?, key painted in racing yellow, really?, and don't get me started on the sofa seats. haha

That's a perfect low cost build (well, until the ADM!) for someone who isn't interested in tracking, more of a DD build. Sadly, as GT cars have become status symbols it seems less are being used as truly intended. I ordered mine with 4 ways because I track my RS, wanted my GT3 for backroad fun.

Oddly, as my track day excursions have resulted in my lap times dropping dramatically and my corner speeds increasing, I have discovered that the LWBs are not exactly the greatest in keeping one in place. I still slide around a bit in the LWBs. I am tall and thin, so perhaps that doesn't help! I am coming to conclusion that if one is truly being aggressive in their driving, even the LWBs are not a perfect solution.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BOS991.2
When is your delivery? I have an early Oct delivery in Florida (SA expecting earlier based on what they are seeing for delivery on GT3's now, have been 3-4 weeks early), going to have them put a clearbra and sharkwerks exhaust on then driving to Mass... GT3 caravan to New England?
My delivery is August. I have a place in SC where it will be registered to minimize the sales tax but I can't take delivery in FL. Therefore, I have two choices either Atlanta Experience delivery or local guys in SC or RI if those dealers will do it. Scoping that out now. I grew up south of Framingham MA. Where are you in MA?
Old 03-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I have discovered that the LWBs are not exactly the greatest in keeping one in place. I still slide around a bit in the LWBs. I am tall and thin, so perhaps that doesn't help! I am coming to conclusion that if one is truly being aggressive in their driving, even the LWBs are not a perfect solution.
Another vote for the sofas......specced the 18 Way seats.

Last edited by Porsch2018; 03-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default McDonald's color scheme

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3

Yellow with Red, I'm Lovin' it!
(tongue firmly in cheek)

)

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM