Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:03 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Local is worth the extra couple bucks. Congrats! Now post your build code spec.
A higher price but will receive the car 3 to 4 months earlier with the Texas allocation; enters build shop 7 September........PJJCXJH0
Old 02-27-2018, 12:05 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Here is the allocations I was offered, and the prices; chose the Texas allocation.

A dealership in California 25K over and I pay enclosed carry to Texas ~2K. (27K)
A dealership in Florida 15K over MSRP but I pay enclosed carry (~2K) and the build month would be November with delivery in January/February time frame.(17K)
A dealership in Texas 20K (negotiated down 5K) over MSRP and 20 minutes from my house September build October/November delivery. (20K)
was this plano or austin?
Old 02-27-2018, 12:23 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Here is the allocations I was offered, and the prices; chose the Texas allocation.

A dealership in California 25K over and I pay enclosed carry to Texas ~2K. (27K)
A dealership in Florida 15K over MSRP but I pay enclosed carry (~2K) and the build month would be November with delivery in January/February time frame.(17K)
A dealership in Texas 20K (negotiated down 5K) over MSRP and 20 minutes from my house September build October/November delivery. (20K)
Why not do courtesy delivery with your local dealer instead of paying transport? Just have the car delivered to your local dealer direct from Germany. Then get the allocation with lowest ADM.

EDIT: Oh I guess build date is important.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:09 AM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 70 Posts

A higher price but will receive the car 3 to 4 months earlier with the Texas allocation; enters build shop 7 September........PJJCXJH0

Mind sharing what Florida dealership it was? I've been in talks with a California dealership (probably the same you mentioned) and they won't budge on their $25k ADM. I'd consider swallowing $15k and plan on doing LA experience center delivery anyways so that takes care of my transport issue. PM me if you prefer.

Any yea, first post...yay. Long time lurker, finally getting serious about pulling the trigger.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:25 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

That 15k ADM car won’t last long.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Why not do courtesy delivery with your local dealer instead of paying transport? Just have the car delivered to your local dealer direct from Germany. Then get the allocation with lowest ADM.

Firstly, prior to purchasing my 2018/718 Cayman S (PJRY2781) which was delivered new in August of 2017 I had no knowledge that direct delivery from Germany was even an option or about the Porsche brand in general. Why didn't my SA even mention that? Thanks for the heads up; so what do you do request direct delivery through your SA or is there another way to accomplish that?
Lastly, the build date was a big factor for me and the way the GT3s are arriving it appears to be 3 to 4 weeks early from what others that recently received their cars stated. That would mean instead of a 2 November delivery I should hopefully receive the car beginning of October. The Dealership sales manager stated he is aggressively trying to get me an early build slot, so just maybe, I could wind up with a July build slot. I suspect with the eminent release of the GT3-RSs some of the GT3 allocations are getting freed up.

Last edited by Porsch2018; 02-27-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:37 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
was this plano or austin?
I will tell you the dealership it wasn't and that is Park Place Porsche in Dallas. I purchased a new 2018/718 Cayman S which was delivered on the 23rd of August of 2017 and paid cash. I then called the Sales Manager, Mindy Collins, of Park Place Porsche for a GT3 allocation about a month ago, and she did not even have the courtesy of responding.......On top of that they did a horrible job with the first PPF application.....it was so bad there was debris trapped under the film. Insisted they redo it. They overcharged for the PPF and it took 2 weeks to redo and the result was a poor to average effort. The coverage was the front end, rocker panels and the backs of the mirrors.......should have taken 3 days at the most. Absolutely do not do business with Park Place there is no loyalty and if you need a PPF never never consider their substandard vendor.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

The other thing about the Texas delivery being so close to my home there is also a good vendor to do the paint correction and full coverage PPF (Suntek Ultra) close to the dealership. My intention is to have he car shipped factory wrapped to the local vendor for handling. Dealerships are horrible with car detailing, and the local vendor in question will definitely do a better job.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you explain how this is done? Is your local dealer required to do this from PCNA? Is it a hassle for the local guys and they do it as a courtesy to get your future business? Do they charge for it? I'm planning on Atlanta experience center delivery from a Florida dealer but would rather have it straight delivered to RI to get my guy to wrap it asap. If this is done who arranges for the registration, the original purchase dealer or the local?
Thanks in advance for your insights.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:55 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Porsche of West Broward has a used White manual $195k MSRP.

Snotty as **** sales guy proudly told me today they'd take $30k over. LOL
PWB is the worst purchase experience I've very had. And I've had a lot!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:11 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SJJ28
PWB is the worst purchase experience I've very had. And I've had a lot!
Although, I haven't done business with PWB I have spoken to and communicated with Alexander De Pooter many times, and he has taken allot of time to explain the factors associated with GT3 allocation. In fact, I spent over 30 minutes on the telephone with him and I am not even in Florida. If I lived in Florida I would work with him........he is straight forward and informative.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I, and other local friends, bought multiple new cars from PWB since they opened back in April 2016.... at msrp. I have had good experience BUT I do understand that pre-owned GT cars are marked up... just like any other dealer would do though considering the high demand vs. short supply. For example, the pair of GT3 units they recently sold (a PDK Sapphire and a Manual Chalk) both fetched 20-25k over msrp within 30-45 days in their inventory.... so now you could see why these cars still sell over msrp, used. New allocations are gone or spoken for through 2018. I'd recommend Kashif or Alex as well... straight shooters IMO.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

The new MSRP = (MSRP + ADM). I think from my GT3 quest, and talking to allot of SA's around the country you either suck it up and pay the ADM or miss your opportunity to by the 2018 GT3. I would have liked to purchase a preowned GT3 but with the problem with the "E" and "F" engines and, in fact, Porsche didn't start using DLC coated cams until G05373 and later, therefore, I felt uncomfortable with making that purchase notwithstanding the Porsche warranty. Who wants to have their car tied up a couple of months with an engine replacement........I think, I hope, with the 991.2 these issues have been corrected.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:05 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Can you explain how this is done? Is your local dealer required to do this from PCNA? Is it a hassle for the local guys and they do it as a courtesy to get your future business? Do they charge for it? I'm planning on Atlanta experience center delivery from a Florida dealer but would rather have it straight delivered to RI to get my guy to wrap it asap. If this is done who arranges for the registration, the original purchase dealer or the local?
Thanks in advance for your insights.
Firstly, prior to purchasing my 2018/718 Cayman S (PJRY2781) which was delivered new in August of 2017 I had no knowledge that direct delivery from Germany was even an option or about the Porsche brand in general. Why didn't my SA even mention that? Thanks for the heads up; so what do you do request direct delivery through your SA or is there another way to accomplish that?
Lastly, the build date was a big factor for me and the way the GT3s are arriving it appears to be 3 to 4 weeks early from what others that recently received their cars stated. That would mean instead of a 2 November delivery I should hopefully receive the car beginning of October. The Dealership sales manager stated he is aggressively trying to get me an early build slot, so just maybe, I could wind up with a July build slot. I suspect with the eminent release of the GT3-RSs some of the GT3 allocations are getting freed up.
I haven't gone through the process to completion yet. But my GT3 is coming from out of state. My purchase includes transport, but I want to avoid a third-party handling the car if possible. So I called my local dealer and spoke to manager to ok a courtesy delivery. Then I call the out of state dealer and tell them that's what I want. They arrange it with my local dealer. There is no additional fee or anything. It's all done between the two dealers.

My only unanswered question about the process is will it take longer for the car to travel through the Panama Canal to California than for the delivery to go to the east coast and then on a truck across the country to me.

But yeah, just call your local dealer and ask if they'll do a Courtesy Delivery from out of state. They will explain it all.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:15 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,391 Likes on 729 Posts

I haven't gone through the process to completion yet. But my GT3 is coming from out of state. My purchase includes transport, but I want to avoid a third-party handling the car if possible. So I called my local dealer and spoke to manager to ok a courtesy delivery. Then I call the out of state dealer and tell them that's what I want. They arrange it with my local dealer. There is no additional fee or anything. It's all done between the two dealers.

My only unanswered question about the process is will it take longer for the car to travel through the Panama Canal to California than for the delivery to go to the east coast and then on a truck across the country to me.

But yeah, just call your local dealer and ask if they'll do a Courtesy Delivery from out of state. They will explain it all.
My intention is to buy out of state but have a courtesy delivery at a local dealer when delivered in July/August. My SA actually brought this option up to me, although he did say there might be an additional cost (I guess it depends if the receiving dealer charges anything).

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM