Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 06:18 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

What is with that front wheel clearance on the yellow touring? Is this a touring thing after all or do they just forget to lower the lifts on them more often for some reason? Not the first car we’ve noticed.
Looks hot otherwise.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:22 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
What is with that front wheel clearance on the yellow touring? Is this a touring thing after all or do they just forget to lower the lifts on them more often for some reason? Not the first car we’ve noticed.
Looks hot otherwise.
Maybe the front lift is on? Otherwise the car has coilovers so you can set ride height wherever you want.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Looks hot otherwise.
It's got to be the front axel lift is raised. Either that or the shipping spacers are still in the springs.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Nice pics. Mine is coming from Braman in August. Touring, Miami blue, sofas. I dealt with Tommy Justice. Very professional and easy to deal with so far.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:53 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
The MT6 are commanding higher ADM's than PDK, from my limited observation the spread on asking prices seem to be $10k.

The above posts neglect this dofference
Originally Posted by Bossing
That's expected mostly since MT's is viewed as like a golden ticket to many. The 10K delta isn't set in stone though, as you may be aware. The two examples I showed are real case scenarios where even though advertised for more, in the end the MT one sold 5k more than the PDK one. Depends on the region or local market too and obviously real & ready serious buyers with funds... the dealer had many tire kickers with interest in the car(s) but funding failed or continuous lowballers, etc. according to them.
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ Down the road the .2 GT3 Manual will fetch a higher resale.- that I can guarantee you
While the 7MT may command a higher resale down the road, it will also be harder to sell (vis-a-vis a comparably equipped PDK)
Old 02-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 680 Posts

I think both manuals will hold value better than PDK, but the touring will hold it best, as it appeals to both track and not track drivers, including all the 991/992 carrera owners who want a manual , NA, 4.0L car, but can’t deal with the wing, and lots of 997 GT owners who want the new, faster, yet still manual GT3.

That said my .2 GT3 will be PDK as my injured left leg is really happy that Porsche makes PDK-S GT3s.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:17 PM
lkn4adl
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question... not sure if this is the right thread but figured it would be worth asking here...

If you could get either PTS or Weissach on GT2RS... which would you pick and why?
Old 02-28-2018, 12:44 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

In the US, PTS, everyone will get WP and you can buy the wheels and sway bars which are 90% of it after the fact if you really want one.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:44 AM
cayenne-tt
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I haven't gone through the process to completion yet. But my GT3 is coming from out of state. My purchase includes transport, but I want to avoid a third-party handling the car if possible. So I called my local dealer and spoke to manager to ok a courtesy delivery. Then I call the out of state dealer and tell them that's what I want. They arrange it with my local dealer. There is no additional fee or anything. It's all done between the two dealers.

My only unanswered question about the process is will it take longer for the car to travel through the Panama Canal to California than for the delivery to go to the east coast and then on a truck across the country to me.

But yeah, just call your local dealer and ask if they'll do a Courtesy Delivery from out of state. They will explain it all.
I see you are in SF. Do you mind sharing which Bay Area dealer you were able to get to do the courtesy delivery? Thanks
Old 02-28-2018, 10:51 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-tt

I see you are in SF. Do you mind sharing which Bay Area dealer you were able to get to do the courtesy delivery? Thanks
Heh. I initially tried to get Carlsen to do my courtesy delivery which they flat out said no without even giving me a reason (I have not visited the dealership ever since). Likely because I didn't get my GT3 from them at a substantial ADM.

Most dealers I talked to that would do the courtesy delivery would and did charge me for their expense to PDI and take delivery of the car, but I thought that was fair and just happy I was able to do the courtesy delivery.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:55 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenne-tt

I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Heh. I initially tried to get Carlsen to do my courtesy delivery which they flat out said no without even giving me a reason (I have not visited the dealership ever since). Likely because I didn't get my GT3 from them at a substantial ADM.

Most dealers I talked to that would do the courtesy delivery would and did charge me for their expense to PDI and take delivery of the car, but I thought that was fair and just happy I was able to do the courtesy delivery.
The dealer I spoke with said the fee they receive to PDI the car is between them and the other dealer. If I get charged a fee I wouldn't do it because, in my case, free transport of the car was included in the purchase price.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

The dealer I spoke with said the fee they receive to PDI the car is between them and the other dealer. If I get charged a fee I wouldn't do it because, in my case, free transport of the car was included in the purchase price.
If you got it free, that's awesome. I would make sure to get it in writing from both parties or "sides" if you will, as my receiving dealer charged the PDI and delivery fee to my dealer I purchased the allocation/car from who then passed it on to me. I think it also makes a difference if your receiving dealer is your "normal" dealership where you have existing business vs a new dealership that has no connection to you on whether the courtesy delivery cost is eaten by one or the other dealership or by you.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:24 AM
BOS991.2
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth

Can you explain how this is done? Is your local dealer required to do this from PCNA? Is it a hassle for the local guys and they do it as a courtesy to get your future business? Do they charge for it? I'm planning on Atlanta experience center delivery from a Florida dealer but would rather have it straight delivered to RI to get my guy to wrap it asap. If this is done who arranges for the registration, the original purchase dealer or the local?
Thanks in advance for your insights.

When is your delivery? I have an early Oct delivery in Florida (SA expecting earlier based on what they are seeing for delivery on GT3's now, have been 3-4 weeks early), going to have them put a clearbra and sharkwerks exhaust on then driving to Mass... GT3 caravan to New England?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

MT available in NY

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/c...489187330.html
Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

The first dealer is likely paying the "courtesy" dealer smth as he's avoiding the transportation costs which he promised to incur. It's not in any dealer's interest to make it a habit to receive new cars bought at another dealer at a lower price. Why wouldn't their customers always shop nationwide for the lowest price and "courtesy" deliver their cars home? There could be rare exceptions for VIP clients who already do most of their business with the dealer, but would not make sense to make "courtesy delivery" a general policy. No idea how it works in practice, just some thoughts.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM