Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 06:01 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I stopped by at lunch to look at a few options on the yellow one before I finalize my spec and, not only is it still there at a $30k ADM, they just received a Lava Touring with a $183k sticker and....wait for it....a $50k ADM! Stunning car, but a ridiculous price of $223k.
lol $223,000???? The sad thing is someone out there will pay it.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
The GT3 at Stevens Creek hasn't sold yet. Wonder if they will come down on the 30K ADM?
They will at least some if you are local and have purchased and traded with them.

Pranqster
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

I stopped by at lunch to look at a few options on the yellow one before I finalize my spec and, not only is it still there at a $30k ADM, they just received a Lava Touring with a $183k sticker and....wait for it....a $50k ADM! Stunning car, but a ridiculous price of $223k.
How did the Lava look in person? I have seen the build sheet.

Pranqster
Old 03-09-2018, 06:23 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
lol $223,000???? The sad thing is someone out there will pay it.
$183,000 plus $50,000 = $233,000.00
Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
That is an insane ask for a GT3T...

Did you get your allocation through SC? Care to share your spec?
No, but let me share the brief comical conversation I had with the salesman there. Mind you, this was not my SA. He's a good guy that I really like working with. This was another salesman.

He saw me looking at the car, asked if I had any questions, I said no, I was just looking at the cars to decide on a few options for my build. He said, 'oh, are you getting it from us?' Which was a loaded question that I just wanted to jump all over him and say, 'no, you guys refused to even give me an allocation so I had to hunt all over the country for one you stupid *****', but of course, while that played in my head, I quietly said 'no, you guys couldn't get me one'. So he asks, how much over did you pay? To which I responded, zero. He laughs and says 'well then you didn't get it from us!' And I turned around and left.

I really like my SA over there and love the service folks, but damn they make it hard to love the dealership.

On a related note, after going there I've decided platinum wheels over black wheels and I'm removing the carbon fiber interior package from my build. The wheels were a toss up but the carbon fiber is definitely not for me. I have the black anodized in my Spyder and I like it a lot more.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by pranqster
How did the Lava look in person? I have seen the build sheet.

Pranqster
Honestly it looked amazing. Granted it was in the showroom under the lights, but it looked lighter than it seems in pictures, almost Gulf Orange ish. Not quite that light, but a similar hue in that light. Looked very much an orange to me, versus a red orange that is seems in pictures. Had black wheels and PCCBs. Stunning car. But not as stunning as the asking price.

In general I really loved the look of the Touring in person. That was the first I've seen and I think it looks good from any angle except 3/4 rear, but I don't think the winged version looks good from that angle either.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No, but let me share the brief comical conversation I had with the salesman there. Mind you, this was not my SA. He's a good guy that I really like working with. This was another salesman.

He saw me looking at the car, asked if I had any questions, I said no, I was just looking at the cars to decide on a few options for my build. He said, 'oh, are you getting it from us?' Which was a loaded question that I just wanted to jump all over him and say, 'no, you guys refused to even give me an allocation so I had to hunt all over the country for one you stupid *****', but of course, while that played in my head, I quietly said 'no, you guys couldn't get me one'. So he asks, how much over did you pay? To which I responded, zero. He laughs and says 'well then you didn't get it from us!' And I turned around and left.

I really like my SA over there and love the service folks, but damn they make it hard to love the dealership.

On a related note, after going there I've decided platinum wheels over black wheels and I'm removing the carbon fiber interior package from my build. The wheels were a toss up but the carbon fiber is definitely not for me. I have the black anodized in my Spyder and I like it a lot more.
Archimedes aside from being a renowned polymath, how did you manage an MSRP GT3?
Old 03-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Archimedes aside from being a renowned polymath, how did you manage an MSRP GT3?
Truth be told, I went through a broker and paid a very moderate fee for an MSRP allocation. Well below any of the ADM's I've seen on here. But I wanted to see how the salesman would react.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Truth be told, I went through a broker and paid a very moderate fee for an MSRP allocation. Well below any of the ADM's I've seen on here. But I wanted to see how the salesman would react.
Good for you....my ADM was not all that modest; I only wish it was.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:31 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Heh. My experience with SC was hit and miss. Very nice to casually chat with when browsing the showroom and fun dealer to visit, but gave me different answers and games when I said I was serious on hunting for a potential .2 GT3 allocation. Some said zero chance, while another intimated "we could likely do $20K over in late 2018 but only if you are a local to the area" back in 2017. Not half as bad as my experience with Carlsen though.

What's the rest of the spec? did you stick with black + touring pack?
Old 03-09-2018, 07:42 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

I had the EXACT same convo with my local dealer. They wanted $30K over for a car they had on the floor. I went back a few weeks ago to look at some cars in person to decide on a color for my build I found elsewhere. Salesman came up to me while I was looking around the lot. Asked if I needed help, I said nah just looking at colors for my car. He said oh what are you getting blah blah blah. He asked where I got the GT3 and how much I was paying. As soon as I told him the price he dropped his fake smile and said, "Ok well I have things to do, excuse me," and he went back to his office to stare at the wall.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

What's the rest of the spec? did you stick with black + touring pack?
I went back to GT Silver. Still Touring. I was wavering on that but after seeing them side by side, I'm going to stay Touring. Main spec is GT Silver, platinum wheels, leather, PCCB, LWB, regular LEDs, Bose, tank, FAL, few other small options.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Are the ADMs on the GT3s increasing or deceasing?
Are people still finding buildable allocations? If so, what is the current build month for those that just acquired an allocation?
Weather is getting warmer by the day everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere. Every day that goes by is one less day in 2018 to build a 991.2 GT3. There are no MY 2019 991.2 GT3.

My opinion is the premiums will stay and increase as each day passes by.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

There's a limit. $50k over is retarded. The car is not that special. I don't think anyone is paying that.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:53 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 733 Likes on 535 Posts

40k over in Atlanta for a 159 k build.....was realized.......no GT3ing for me. Will keep tuned.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM