Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 11:34 PM
UofM
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
I know of a white GT3 coming this month and buyer backed out. PM me if interested.
im interested in a white touring if that’s what this is. I sent you a PM.. thank you
Old 04-20-2018, 11:42 PM
finalspeed
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can anyone please PM me if they have a lead on a specable GT3 RS position under $50K? Lowest I've found in CA is $50k. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2018, 12:35 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
I know of a white GT3 coming this month and buyer backed out. PM me if interested.
A friend at the Luft event in LA sent me a photo of this one available at South Bay Porsche
Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
I appreciate all the PMs but I'm likely going to jump on the $25k ADM RS allocation. I had a GT3 at $15k but honestly I feel an RS @$25k over is the better route, even if my significant other might kill me. If/when I cancel the GT3 I have no problem sharing the dealership so someone else can try and jump on it but I want to sort everything out first.
Do not tell your Wife. I've noticed they can not tell the difference on these models
Old 04-21-2018, 07:58 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Do not tell your Wife. I've noticed they can not tell the difference on these models
As long as you keep getting same color.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

^
Old 04-21-2018, 09:41 AM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Hahaha! Exactly! My GT3 is actually a base cayman.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:02 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I have a friend that went from a 15 Turbo S to a 15 GT3, both black. One had black wheels the other dark bronze. His wife seriously had no clue. Can people really be this clueless to their surroundings?
Old 04-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I have a friend that went from a 15 Turbo S to a 15 GT3, both black. One had black wheels the other dark bronze. His wife seriously had no clue. Can people really be this clueless to their surroundings?
Definitely!
Old 04-21-2018, 04:19 PM
mcduel91
8th Gear

Still calling around in the NE without much luck for anything reasonable on a speccable GT3. Narrowed down my options to the MB GT R I can just go pickup off a lot, or the upcoming M2 CS if I can find an allocation. Looked at the Corvette a bit but couldn't get past the interior. GT R and R8 seem to be the high water mark in terms of track performance with best in-class interior, but there's something still pulling me towards the GT3 (I realize the Turbo or S would be a better comp with both of those than a GT3). M2 CS is unique, more functional, 1/4 the price, and *should* be easier to find.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:23 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduel91
Still calling around in the NE without much luck for anything reasonable on a speccable GT3. Narrowed down my options to the MB GT R I can just go pickup off a lot, or the upcoming M2 CS if I can find an allocation. Looked at the Corvette a bit but couldn't get past the interior. GT R and R8 seem to be the high water mark in terms of track performance with best in-class interior, but there's something still pulling me towards the GT3 (I realize the Turbo or S would be a better comp with both of those than a GT3). M2 CS is unique, more functional, 1/4 the price, and *should* be easier to find.
I just saw a video on the M2 Comp Series. That looks very promising. I also like the MB GTR and think many have jumped over to try that car out with all the ADM mess. I was certainly tempted.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:33 PM
mcduel91
8th Gear

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I just saw a video on the M2 Comp Series. That looks very promising. I also like the MB GTR and think many have jumped over to try that car out with all the ADM mess. I was certainly tempted.
I think MB nailed it with that car. It's certainly pricey but with the R, you feel like it's worth it, inside and out. I looked at a nice color combo of the absurd green with black, so black spoiler, black wheels, black interior. Beautiful. Sure, it's not going to lap like a GT3 or TTS but if you want to have some fun, you can get it sideways in a hurry - quickly. The interior is also great, complete with two functional cup holders. Can fit a golf bag in the trunk no-problem, so it truly looks like a great "weekend" car. M2 CS looks appealing for the same reasons, just on a lesser performing and markedly cheaper scale.

I can't stomach the R8 list price for what it is and how common they seem to be, so I think I'd only look used there (where there are many options). I also considered the F-Type SVR which sounds glorious, but has the reliability of a Jag and an interior that doesn't move me (complete with their awful infotainment system). The NSX is on my list to check out before I make any final decisions. The ADM stuff is sad, because I had my mind made up on a GT3 3 months ago and haven't been able to close any reasonable deals. Happy to pay *some* markup, but getting jerked around for 50k on a 180k list price is just a matter of principle for me.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I think MB nailed it with that car. It's certainly pricey but with the R, you feel like it's worth it, inside and out. I looked at a nice color combo of the absurd green with black, so black spoiler, black wheels, black interior. Beautiful. Sure, it's not going to lap like a GT3 or TTS but if you want to have some fun, you can get it sideways in a hurry - quickly. The interior is also great, complete with two functional cup holders. Can fit a golf bag in the trunk no-problem, so it truly looks like a great "weekend" car. M2 CS looks appealing for the same reasons, just on a lesser performing and markedly cheaper scale.

I can't stomach the R8 list price for what it is and how common they seem to be, so I think I'd only look used there (where there are many options). I also considered the F-Type SVR which sounds glorious, but has the reliability of a Jag and an interior that doesn't move me (complete with their awful infotainment system). The NSX is on my list to check out before I make any final decisions. The ADM stuff is sad, because I had my mind made up on a GT3 3 months ago and haven't been able to close any reasonable deals. Happy to pay *some* markup, but getting jerked around for 50k on a 180k list price is just a matter of principle for me.

I would hang in for the GT3 allocation especially as some people start relinquishing their allocations for the 2019 GT3-RS.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:01 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

I actually liked Shmee's recent video review of the GT-R vs the GT3, thought it was informative on where the GT-R excels and doesn't do so great compared with the GT3 in his opinion. You might want to check it out if you are debating between the two cars on their merits (if it is based on how easy or simple the car is to get, I think the GT-R will win).. M2 CS seems to be a really fun piece of kit to drive worry free.

I really really like the GT-R interior and actually the looks of the car in general (especially in black and silver, not a fan of the green matte paint). The sound is pretty great too for a turbo, I think AMG nailed the sound with their new turbo V8.

That being said definitely go with what you want/your gut is telling you. If you can't find that elusive GT3 allocation and want the GT3, there are and will likely be more delivery mile examples coming up for sale if you are willing to explore that route
Old 04-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

It's funny, the whole GT3-RS buying process. I was negotiating with a dealership on price and he asked for a certain price I accepted that then he calls back and states he will get back to me next week because the GM is out of town. Then, even though the GM is still out of town, he tells me if I bump up my offer by 20K above what he initially asked for it would seal the deal. What a game!

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM