Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:44 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

My Exclusive experience has been a nightmare. Did not wish to post publicly but since Eduardo has provided the background details regarding the people might as well share with forum. Mr Brunot assured me and my dealer that the few CXX options I had selected were approved and included in my build. I have e-mails attesting to these facts. To date no one can confirm any details of anything regarding CXX options for my GT3 at Exclusive in Atlanta. Dealer and I have attempted to contact Mr Margrave whose voicemail states he is no longer with European delivery but has yet to pick up phone.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
My Exclusive experience has been a nightmare. Did not wish to post publicly but since Eduardo has provided the background details regarding the people might as well share with forum. Mr Brunot assured me and my dealer that the few CXX options I had selected were approved and included in my build. I have e-mails attesting to these facts. To date no one can confirm any details of anything regarding CXX options for my GT3 at Exclusive in Atlanta. Dealer and I have attempted to contact Mr Margrave whose voicemail states he is no longer with European delivery but has yet to pick up phone.
Contact Daniel Margrave at daniel.margrave@porsche.us and copy customerconsultations@porsche.us

Danie has been great to work with. Not sure what is going on with your options, but whoever was helping you before should have confirmed availability and pricing for all your CXX options with PAG, and once confirmed, provided you and your dealer a UBD ID code for your dealer to input into your build under CXX option. Also, provided you with a pdf noting the options, details, price, and your name and commission number... This was my experience and it was flawless.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:56 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Same.... Comes as no surprise, and somewhat of a relief for Porsche, learning Jon Brunot is no longer in the employ of Exclusive Manufaktur.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:00 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GT3

Contact Daniel Margrave at daniel.margrave@porsche.us and copy customerconsultations@porsche.us

Danie has been great to work with. Not sure what is going on with your options, but whoever was helping you before should have confirmed availability and pricing for all your CXX options with PAG, and once confirmed, provided you and your dealer a UBD ID code for your dealer to input into your build under CXX option. Also, provided you with a pdf noting the options, details, price, and your name and commission number... This was my experience and it was flawless.
Thanks! I forwarded all my email correspondence with Mr Brunot to Mr. Margrave with an explanation and commission number.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:07 PM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WernerE
The wing is superfluous in the U.S., so the suggestion that a GT3 isn't a GT3 without one is kind of ridiculous. If you want to make the GT3 badge contingent on what is a design bauble here, I'd say you missed the entire point of the GT3. Does putting a big wing on the GTS make it a GT3? Nope.

It's the 500 HP, naturally aspirated motor and the performance that delivers; The wing doesn't have a thing to do with it.
but don't you think that having a GT3 without a GT3 fixed wing will be like having a Hot Wasabi salad without the Hot Wasabi.....it becomes just a plain salad ??.....just a thought.......LOL......remember it'll never be a 911R
Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by ninesixfourrs
but don't you think that having a GT3 without a GT3 fixed wing will be like having a Hot Wasabi salad without the Hot Wasabi.....it becomes just a plain salad ??.....just a thought.......LOL......remember it'll never be a 911R
It will be just matter of time
992 time
and of course 991.2 GT3 Touring

btw I prefer Sushi without wasabi
and even without I still get and pay for Sushi
Old 01-05-2018, 01:16 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ninesixfourrs
Nope... Only those without an allocation float those associations or comparisons.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:52 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Just a quick follow up. Received a call from Mr Margrave who was extremely helpful and informative. Previous omissions and miscommunications cannot be undone, but I am satisfied with the efforts being made on my behalf. We agreed that communications among all parties to the Exclusive process need some improvement, but Porsche does step up when problems arise.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:41 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Just a quick follow up. Received a call from Mr Margrave who was extremely helpful and informative. Previous omissions and miscommunications cannot be undone, but I am satisfied with the efforts being made on my behalf. We agreed that communications among all parties to the Exclusive process need some improvement, but Porsche does step up when problems arise.
FWIW, I’ve had continued positive experience with Yana in Atlanta. Sometimes it takes a couple days, sometimes not, but she always follows up to emails and usually answers in few instances when I have called.

I visited PEC Atlanta twice last year, in April and September, the first time being when I was first connected with Yana. Both times she gave me almost 2 hours of her time in person for consultation, which was very much appreciated.

Have to say, an in person visit to PEC Atlanta for a consultation with Porsche Exclusive is easily worth the relatively low cost of a round trip flight to Atlanta. PEC Atlanta is practically on the airport grounds, so it’s very convenient. You can see a lot of near cars, watch or partake in a driving experience on their track, have a nice meal at 356 Cafe, and have some face time with an Exclusive rep like Yana who will answer your questions, show you samples, and give you some decent advice.

When spending close to, if not more, than $200K on a custom ordered Porsche, isn’t a $200-$400 round trip plane ticket, and a day of your leisure time, worthwhile?
Old 01-05-2018, 11:39 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Lapis, you've convinced me to fly to Atlanta and spend the day nailing down the details of my PTS Touring build. I knew there was a good reason why (other than saving money on lower ADM) I didn't rush my PTS build, and deferred it to 2019 model year! Makes perfect sense. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:25 AM
Provie
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 36 Posts

Just got back from ATL last night...
What an experience!
Yana and Micheal (?) were phenomenal to work with! They showed me everything I inquired about and things that I had no idea can be done!
They also made meaningful suggestions about my build to achieve a cohesive theme.
They had a GT3 T just arrived the night before my appointment and I was allowed to go inside and explore (for tectile feedback of course��).
I left feeling confident in all choices made. It is a highly recommended venture for sure!
Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie
Just got back from ATL last night...
What an experience!
Yana and Micheal (?) were phenomenal to work with! They showed me everything I inquired about and things that I had no idea can be done!
They also made meaningful suggestions about my build to achieve a cohesive theme.
They had a GT3 T just arrived the night before my appointment and I was allowed to go inside and explore (for tectile feedback of course��).
I left feeling confident in all choices made. It is a highly recommended venture for sure!
Excellent! What were your takeaways regarding the black cloth seat inserts in the Touring you got to explore for tactile feedback? Did the example they had there have LWB, 4-ways or 18-ways? Any pics?

Given that and your consultation, what changes did you make to your build? Any CXX?
Old 01-06-2018, 10:40 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I think there will be 3 Irish Green GT3 in Canada ...
jup

has your Irish green GT3 arrived yet? I would love to see it inside and out! Thanks.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Provie
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

Excellent! What were your takeaways regarding the black cloth seat inserts in the Touring you got to explore for tactile feedback? Did the example they had there have LWB, 4-ways or 18-ways? Any pics?

Given that and your consultation, what changes did you make to your build? Any CXX?
They had a sample of the “cloth” seats during the consultation which was deceivingly soft/ slippery. Inside the car (LWB) the surface felt more firm and supportive. The material is quite “synthetic” looking to me, it’s more a herringbone pattern than a cordoroy.
I didn’t take pics of the seat since I was a-buzz with sensory overload. We got to play with the nose lift and the rear spoiler (the nose lift required the engine to be started so I was treated to a cooooold start also!!)
The most striking aspect of the interior to me was how “elegant” the black stitching looked w black leather. The car had the extended leather on the dash board, after seeing this option and how much more “finished/ refined” it looked with the black stitching I had to get it!
Another thing, the standard black trim is killer!
They also had a colour wheel of the vinyl used for the side stripes.
I must admit, the biggest reason for me going there was to confirm my PTS choice. After looking at every pic of olive green on the internet, and being alarmed by a recent pic of that same colour, I had to see it in person. They not only showed me the frog, I was allowed to spend some time with it too! I took it outside in direct sunlight and made several videos of it! I’m very pleased with my choice.
Ultimately, I switched my build to a touring package, did Pepita seats, and side stripes and PTS.
I’ll post pictures from my phone separately
Old 01-06-2018, 11:12 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie

They had a sample of the “cloth” seats during the consultation which was deceivingly soft/ slippery. Inside the car (LWB) the surface felt more firm and supportive. The material is quite “synthetic” looking to me, it’s more a herringbone pattern than a cordoroy.
I didn’t take pics of the seat since I was a-buzz with sensory overload. We got to play with the nose lift and the rear spoiler (the nose lift required the engine to be started so I was treated to a cooooold start also!!)
The most striking aspect of the interior to me was how “elegant” the black stitching looked w black leather. The car had the extended leather on the dash board, after seeing this option and how much more “finished/ refined” it looked with the black stitching I had to get it!
Another thing, the standard black trim is killer!
They also had a colour wheel of the vinyl used for the side stripes.
I must admit, the biggest reason for me going there was to confirm my PTS choice. After looking at every pic of olive green on the internet, and being alarmed by a recent pic of that same colour, I had to see it in person. They not only showed me the frog, I was allowed to spend some time with it too! I took it outside in direct sunlight and made several videos of it! I’m very pleased with my choice.
Ultimately, I switched my build to a touring package, did Pepita seats, and side stripes and PTS.
I’ll post pictures from my phone separately
alarmed as well due i didn t see 274 yet
can t wait for pics and videos

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order