Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:27 AM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

Update: My Mexico Blue GT3 was scheduled for arrival on 8/17. SA called and said was would arrive 8/3. Got VIN too.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:32 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
The only PTS GT3 Touring I saw was Mexico blue. Saw Weidengrun on a 2RS and a winged gT3
Keep looking - You can spoil my "confidential" color surprise with my permission.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:16 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I was pulling your leg a bit there. I'm checking my car's status more frequently and hope I catch the next boat. Anyone at the factory seeing a Touring built in a cool color?
Went right over my head...

But now: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...MIRACULOUS_ACE

Name:  Xk0VGmS.png
Views: 135
Size:  42.0 KB
Old 07-27-2018, 02:36 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Arrived today, pick up tomorrow. Haven't driven a manual in 3 years. Hopefully won't stall it pulling out of the dealership!
Attached Images   
Old 07-27-2018, 08:44 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

^woah
an Italian color on a German car! blasphemy!

j/k
that is one sexy PTS! *saved*
you are going to love the stick!
Old 07-27-2018, 11:21 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by tonsoframen
Getting closer, just found it my order is on the truck to the dealer
Originally Posted by CTK
Update: My Mexico Blue GT3 was scheduled for arrival on 8/17. SA called and said was would arrive 8/3. Got VIN too.
Don't forget the delivery pictures!!!

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Arrived today, pick up tomorrow. Haven't driven a manual in 3 years. Hopefully won't stall it pulling out of the dealership!
Awesome!
Old 07-28-2018, 04:18 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Wow. This Auratium Green (available at Porsche Greenwich) is a gorgeous shade of green indeed. Reminds me a bit of olive, just as nice in my eyes. The red calipers look boss next to the green. Only wish it had the base Xenons for that old-school vibe which this color provides in spades.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

We discussed that car (hunting ridge motors says it is his) and you described my build, except mine will be touring ....

auratium, buckets, FAL, autodim, fire extengisher, tank, smoking, floor mats, leather trim package with standard interior, voice control. Standard wheels and lights. Aka the green stripper.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:53 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

Love it! Terrific color. I like ALL the greens.
Old 07-28-2018, 05:43 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks like my car has been stuck at custom tailoring since 07/05... Was supposed to complete 07/13 but the schedule hasn't updated at all, no even the expected completion date. I hope its just a glitch and that it's already completed and on a boat on the way here. Either that, or its delayed indefinitely
Old 07-28-2018, 06:34 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Wow. This Auratium Green (available at Porsche Greenwich) is a gorgeous shade of green indeed. Reminds me a bit of olive, just as nice in my eyes. The red calipers look boss next to the green. Only wish it had the base Xenons for that old-school vibe which this color provides in spades.
Added to the list

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Love it! Terrific color. I like ALL the greens.
Any more details on this one?
Originally Posted by GT3
Looks like my car has been stuck at custom tailoring since 07/05... Was supposed to complete 07/13 but the schedule hasn't updated at all, no even the expected completion date. I hope its just a glitch and that it's already completed and on a boat on the way here. Either that, or its delayed indefinitely

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES

My deadline to Eurodelivery!

Old 07-28-2018, 06:39 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Evilfj your 'green stripper' will be perfect. Nice work.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:56 AM
sgnl05
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Nice meeting with you yesterday. 5 991.2 GT3s on the property, 4 of them PTS. Not a bad day.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:00 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Delivery of my Mexico Blue GT3 7/30/2018

My Mexico Blue GT3 arrived today after being delayed from Feb, March, May and it was my understanding that the car would arrive as late as 8/17.

I placed a deposit for the car back in September 2015 in anticipation of Porsche offering a manual on the 991 GT3 and as a result, I was first-in-line for my dealer's allocation. My father and I spec'd and placed an order for the GT3 back on June 15, 2017.

My father, brother and I always take delivery of our cars together. Its been a father and sons event for years. Unfortunately, my father passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on October 21, 2017 from sudden cardiac arrest at the young age of 73. My dad was on great terms with everyone and we were all very close. I just wanted more time with him. So, taking delivery of my GT3 has been filled with mixed emotions. On one hand, I want my dad physically present, on the other hand, I know his spirit is in me and we are experiencing the collection of the car together. As you can see, I am still sorting out my emotions.

I arranged to be at the dealer when the car arrived on the car-carrier so that I could inspect the car. I also arranged to have the fuel tank filled with Shell Ultimate 93 octane. Finally, I arranged to return to the dealer on Wednesday morning to wash the car myself and place it in the dealer showroom (under car cover) so that my young daughters (ages 2-9) could unveil the car with my immediate family present. I wanted to make the unveiling a special occasion as I am taking delivery of a GT3, not a minivan (I took delivery of a new minivan last month, lol). My cars are ultimately for my daughters, but I will be the custodian of them until they attain driving age.

After we unveil it, then the first destination (after clear film) will be to the cemetery. I'm sure my dad would have done the same for me if rolls were reversed.

A few details regarding my inspection of the car. I removed all protection wrap from outside to conduct my inspection, but I left the protective covering on the interior door sills and interior. I inspected the car with a Rupe's light and the paint looked and felt great. Neither myself nor my SA could find any imperfections. My SA did say that the dealership owner, a VIP customer with a 918, received his GT3 in March this year and the paint on his PTS GT3 was in need of serious paint correction. Maybe Porsche's delays in production were to maintain quality and avoid rushing the cars thru. I may clay portions of the car if needed before its wrapped with Xpel Ultimate.

Other minor details: The satellite radio wart is in black and not PTS. Don't mind it really as it matches the black accents on the car. Car was delivered with 6.9 miles. I helped the car hauler unload the car. Good thing I did as he left a chain hanging down and I wrapped it around an interior handle to keep the wind from pushing it against the car as he was reversing it out. The guy had no-one but me help him while he was backing out the car.

Overall, I am happy with the condition of the car. More to come.

Cheers to all. I hope you guys enjoy your cars in good health with your families.
Old 07-30-2018, 02:04 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

^ Congrats on the new car, very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My condolences. Your post resonated with me, as the reason why I am passionate for these cars is because of my old man. I was lucky enough to take delivery of my GT3 in Europe with him as a father son experience as well. The car and trip was amazing but the memories made with my father were the best! I am sure your dad will be with you as you enjoy the new ride with your family.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order