Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie

They had a sample of the “cloth” seats during the consultation which was deceivingly soft/ slippery. Inside the car (LWB) the surface felt more firm and supportive. The material is quite “synthetic” looking to me, it’s more a herringbone pattern than a cordoroy.
I didn’t take pics of the seat since I was a-buzz with sensory overload. We got to play with the nose lift and the rear spoiler (the nose lift required the engine to be started so I was treated to a cooooold start also!!)
The most striking aspect of the interior to me was how “elegant” the black stitching looked w black leather. The car had the extended leather on the dash board, after seeing this option and how much more “finished/ refined” it looked with the black stitching I had to get it!
Another thing, the standard black trim is killer!
They also had a colour wheel of the vinyl used for the side stripes.
I must admit, the biggest reason for me going there was to confirm my PTS choice. After looking at every pic of olive green on the internet, and being alarmed by a recent pic of that same colour, I had to see it in person. They not only showed me the frog, I was allowed to spend some time with it too! I took it outside in direct sunlight and made several videos of it! I’m very pleased with my choice.
Ultimately, I switched my build to a touring package, did Pepita seats, and side stripes and PTS.
I’ll post pictures from my phone separately
Did you go full custom tailored seats ($8875) or just the new option for different center inserts only ($3555)?

when you said the Touring on site has extended leather, do you just mean it had the full leather seats package, which adds leather to front of dash, center console and door trims, or did you mean the extended leather option (about $1700 more) that adds leather and stitching to the upper dash as it approaches the windshield? The pics you posted don’t look like it has the latter.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:46 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

CXX means any custom tailoring option via Porsche Exclusive. On window sticker it reads “CXX” and something like “custom request by custom requiring additional customization”. These are options not available through the online configuration and that Porsche Exclusive will do for a higher price from a menu of special things. Among the most common we have been discussing is custom tailored seats, which allows you to change the color of leather bolsters, the material and color of the center inserts (houndstooth/Pepita for example), the stitching or piping for the seats, etc), and exterior vinyl stripes.
Oh cool, thanks!

Where might one find this "menu" of custom options? Dealer supplied or are they basically unspoken, like the secret menu at In-N-Out?
Old 01-06-2018, 05:52 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
... the secret menu at In-N-Out?
In-N-Out has a secret menu?
Old 01-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Some time in the last month or so my build slipped a month and now is slated for July delivery. It also changed from V215 to V200 (now changeable). Go figure!
Old 01-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Oh cool, thanks!

Where might one find this "menu" of custom options? Dealer supplied or are they basically unspoken, like the secret menu at In-N-Out?
secret menu I’m afraid. Dealers have most of the info but varies from dealer to dealer and salesperson to salesperson at dealers. Ideally, first work with a salesperson at your dealer who has experience ordering CXX options from Porsche Exclusive on GT cars for his past customers. Or ask to work directly with the sales manager.

Then an also make a call to PEC Atlanta or LA depending on your proximity and ask to speak with a design consultant in Porsche Exclusive. For example, Yana Nikolayeva in Atlanta. If you give Yana or one of her peers your car’s commission number, she can coordinate with your dealer on anything you want. She can can also answer your questions about what is and is not available on the menu and how much those items cost.

in a nutshell they can do almost anything COSMETIC on the interior surfaces, such as leather (and other materials like alcantara and houndstooth cloth) and stitching and painted surfaces. They cannot do anything that affects function of any component or that involves wiring of any kind (no different stereo options or ventilated seats where none are available on confirgurator for a certain model, for example). On exterior, they can do vinyl stripes and various painted surfaces (mirror caps, etc) different than configurator.

Porsche Exclusive can also help you along with PTS process and color choices.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:42 PM
ODK
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Received an email from my dealer...my PTS has finished production and is already at the port in Germany...I also was sent the VIN number and a final build summary with costs...not rubbing anything in...just trying to help with flow of information.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:34 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

secret menu I’m afraid. Dealers have most of the info but varies from dealer to dealer and salesperson to salesperson at dealers. Ideally, first work with a salesperson at your dealer who has experience ordering CXX options from Porsche Exclusive on GT cars for his past customers. Or ask to work directly with the sales manager.

Then an also make a call to PEC Atlanta or LA depending on your proximity and ask to speak with a design consultant in Porsche Exclusive. For example, Yana Nikolayeva in Atlanta. If you give Yana or one of her peers your car’s commission number, she can coordinate with your dealer on anything you want. She can can also answer your questions about what is and is not available on the menu and how much those items cost.

in a nutshell they can do almost anything COSMETIC on the interior surfaces, such as leather (and other materials like alcantara and houndstooth cloth) and stitching and painted surfaces. They cannot do anything that affects function of any component or that involves wiring of any kind (no different stereo options or ventilated seats where none are available on confirgurator for a certain model, for example). On exterior, they can do vinyl stripes and various painted surfaces (mirror caps, etc) different than configurator.

Porsche Exclusive can also help you along with PTS process and color choices.
I think the only thing I can think I'd want is acid green or like a bright neon highlighter green brake calipers and matching interior stitching. Either that or a neon ultraviolet purple. But I don't think I want to deal with the added production time and cost. I read elsewhere that they are really reluctant to do the calipers in any other color.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:36 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
jup

has your Irish green GT3 arrived yet? I would love to see it inside and out! Thanks.
Not yet - early March
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 PM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Brushed Anthracite Door Sills

This door sill is illuminated Brushed Anthracite Aluminum. It matches the new optional dark brushed aluminum interior trim. For a non-Touring GT3 these are a $1,850 CXX Exclusive option. I’ve ordered them on my car to match the interior trim - the price we pay for consistency!

1. What option is that doorsill? Is that standard or optional illuminated aluminum?

2. What green is that? I’m nervous now, lol.

[/QUOTE

1. standard door sill w touring package (I had CF but deleted that option after seeing these)
2. Olive green 274 (its more accurately depicted in video which is taking forever to upload). It’s a hard colour to photograph.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AmadeusGT3

This door sill is illuminated Brushed Anthracite Aluminum. It matches the new optional dark brushed aluminum interior trim. For a non-Touring GT3 these are a $1,850 CXX Exclusive option. I’ve ordered them on my car to match the interior trim - the price we pay for consistency!

1. What option is that doorsill? Is that standard or optional illuminated aluminum?

2. What green is that? I’m nervous now, lol.

[/QUOTE

1. standard door sill w touring package (I had CF but deleted that option after seeing these)
2. Olive green 274 (its more accurately depicted in video which is taking forever to upload). It’s a hard colour to photograph.
Whoa! Are you saying the standard door sill on the Touring Package is illuminated? If so, had no idea. Please confirm.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 PM
AmadeusGT3
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

No, in the configurator illuminated door sills are a $900 option on the Touring GT3 (and they’re actually stainless steel, not aluminum - my bad).

However, to get the dark metal brushed finish on illuminated door sills in a non-Touring GT3 costs $1,850
Old 01-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 36 Posts

Whoa! Are you saying the standard door sill on the Touring Package is illuminated? If so, had no idea. Please confirm.
Hold on guys, the door sills are NOT illuminated. These are stock on the TP. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 779 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Not yet - early March
Dying to see it. What color pepita inserts did you do?
Old 01-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

I think the only thing I can think I'd want is acid green or like a bright neon highlighter green brake calipers and matching interior stitching. Either that or a neon ultraviolet purple. But I don't think I want to deal with the added production time and cost. I read elsewhere that they are really reluctant to do the calipers in any other color.
”reluctant”? Hah! It’s flat NO, they won’t paint the calipers other colors. It’s a branding thing for the types of brakes.

They wouldnt even even do it for 911R customers. I met one at Smokies who had a true PTS 911R in sport classic Grey with orange calipers to match the PORSCHE script in the side stripes as the top stripes. Asked them. They said they were told no and so had to do it aftermarket to get them in orange. Car looked great by the way.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:27 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I didn't realize caliper color was such a huge part of branding.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order