Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 08:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
In camsporsche thread , the two rarest colors are lava aka Salmon and Rohdium, while rare so far I wouldn’t desire to own either or be seen in either
I’d bet rhodium would be more popular if it were not competing with GT silver. Salmon/lava on the other hand...it’s the only “orange” available and still only a few takers. Easily the worst orange ever offered by Porsche.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:44 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Pretty sure nothing including price changes on the full leather option when you CXX the seats.

The only arbitrage I have ever heard of was that the leather to sample option included deviated stitching in the price making it less expensive than ordering full leather and full stitching on a non-GT 911. Unfortunately, Porsche does not have leather to sample as an option on GT cars (I would have ordered it to get black natural leather).

Somewhat relatedly, exclusive told me I could get any leather I wanted for $8800 on the seats, not just any 911 leather. I know there is a GT3RS with panamera cedar natural leather on the seats (that one also got the full leather to sample treatment — dash, door panels etc. through CXX). Can’t hurt to ask if that is still true. Something like natural brown, ascot brown etc. would be a nice touch on the seats, especially on a touring.
If one chooses alternate leather (e.g. ascot brown) for the seats I hope CXX allows you to add some of that 'sprinkle' across the cabin, otherwise it would look like you raided another car's seats and just plucked them in yours. At least on the R you got the center console lid and top of door arm rest in the same color.

So fair to assume, unless you are Mrs. Piech, a full CXX interior with non-black dashboard/alcantara is a pipe dream? For us mortals, CXX stops at the seat level?
Old 12-27-2017, 03:14 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,810 Likes on 533 Posts

It's a xmas miracle!

My PTS came in out of the blue. From V180 to my doorstep overnight.

It's got a little orange peel and some imperfections, but it's perfect to me!

Well, I just got impatient and had my gift wrapped in my PTS color.

Last edited by soulsea; 12-27-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
If one chooses alternate leather (e.g. ascot brown) for the seats I hope CXX allows you to add some of that 'sprinkle' across the cabin, otherwise it would look like you raided another car's seats and just plucked them in yours. At least on the R you got the center console lid and top of door arm rest in the same color.

So fair to assume, unless you are Mrs. Piech, a full CXX interior with non-black dashboard/alcantara is a pipe dream? For us mortals, CXX stops at the seat level?
Waiting to hear the answer to this exact question
Old 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Jamie

I have CXX cognac leather on door sills and vents - just enough to look like I did not steal the seats Adding to areas where it is alcantara was available - or close to full leather but at $22000 Or so - dash must be dark Colour
Old 12-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

CXX custom tailored seats only includes choice of leather colors on the seats, not dash, door cards, center console or anywhere else.

Per Yana at PEC Atlanta, you can have those other surfaces CXX custom tailored, too, for a la carte prices for each area, but it adds up to a lot of $$$$ fast if you want to do all those areas. She said well over $20K if you want to change most of the interior leather surfaces to other leathers. Of course when you do so you not only get to pick leather colors but also stitching colors on each CXX leather surface you change.

A reasonable way to go, IMO, is to do the CXX custom tailored seats and choose piping in an accent color that goes well with your exterior paint color (for example, Acid Green piping in combination with, say, Gelbgrun exterior paint), but then go with the standard platinum silver stitching on rest of interior. Then they don’t clash because you still only have one color of stitching.

As as far as leather color on the CXX custom tailored seats, most stick with black to go with rest of a black interior, but I think it looks fine for seat leather to be a deviating color from the leather color on the dash, door cards, etc.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:39 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

You CAN CXX other parts when you do the seats, but it's not included. You have to be Mrs Piech to be able to spend the money to CXX your interior enough to make it look like a 911R.

The $8800 seat price is almost like the first "free" hit from the dealer, you're then compelled to keep going. I opted out after my CXX appointment for that reason.. didn't make sense as a % of MSRP.. hard enough to keep gt3 below $190k as is.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:57 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

It goes to show what a great deal Leather to Sample is on a regular 911. $5600. Add the $1770 for the extended dash and it looks killer.

Yana told me $30k all in. I ordered a leather to sample C2 to swap the interiors, but then my PTS did not get approved in time and touring came out deleting the alcantara which was my big issue. Euroclassics has a C2S cab for sale with ascot brown which is stunning.

As far as being “special,” at this point, if you have the money and are willing to wait, they seem willing to do it, heck they even try to sell you on it!
Old 12-28-2017, 12:11 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Car is Irish Green. Leather in black (dash top, door tops etc) and mahogany (seats and panels). Stitching in cream. Houndstooth (peptita) is Agate grey/Geyser grey.

Vivian
Wow can't wait to see- congrats!
Old 12-28-2017, 01:05 AM
esse10229
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Montoya,

Just an update on my PTS status

V status- V200
Production month- 04/2018(production) 07/2018 (delivery)
Dealer Location- CA
PDK
Grigio Telesto
Old 12-28-2017, 07:20 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

It is interesting to see that virtually all of the listed PTS cars on page 1 are manual.
people building personalized cars to keep for many years...I know I am.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:42 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by esse10229
Hi Montoya,

Just an update on my PTS status

V status- V200
Production month- 04/2018(production) 07/2018 (delivery)
Dealer Location- CA
PDK
Grigio Telesto
Awesome! Thanks for filling in the blanks!

Originally Posted by italiafan
It is interesting to see that virtually all of the listed PTS cars on page 1 are manual.
people building personalized cars to keep for many years...I know I am.
Agreed, this could be the one!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
You CAN CXX other parts when you do the seats, but it's not included. You have to be Mrs Piech to be able to spend the money to CXX your interior enough to make it look like a 911R.

The $8800 seat price is almost like the first "free" hit from the dealer, you're then compelled to keep going. I opted out after my CXX appointment for that reason.. didn't make sense as a % of MSRP.. hard enough to keep gt3 below $190k as is.
Yes, 190K was my threshold too! But I'm managing to squeeze in CXX vinyl on the wing- just the Porsche logo- cheap for CXX at under $700!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:18 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts

I’d bet rhodium would be more popular if it were not competing with GT silver. Salmon/lava on the other hand...it’s the only “orange” available and still only a few takers. Easily the worst orange ever offered by Porsche.
Nope! Disagree. Compare it against ANY silver/gray color that Porsche has offered and it would come out bottom.... nuff said
Old 12-29-2017, 06:28 PM
esse10229
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am really surprised to see such a big difference in percentage b/t PDK and MT in PTS GT3s. For me, seeing such a favor towards MT would make more sense on touring version. From Cams post, it seems such difference is much smaller b/t non-PTS GT3 (48%pdk vs 52%mt).
Why such a big favor toward MT for PTS?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,611 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by esse10229
I am really surprised to see such a big difference in percentage b/t PDK and MT in PTS GT3s. For me, seeing such a favor towards MT would make more sense on touring version. From Cams post, it seems such difference is much smaller b/t non-PTS GT3 (48%pdk vs 52%mt).
Why such a big favor toward MT for PTS?
Since the touring is exclusively available w/6MT that's not relevant.

I'd argue that *most* of the RL'ers that are prepared to pay the premium for PTS are (self-selecting) "purists"/enthusiasts that prefer the engagement (and challenge) that the 6MT offers, and are less concerned about "video-game" lap time records that PDK-S affords... my $0.02 YMMV.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order