Sponsored by:

Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 11:22 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie

They had a sample of the “cloth” seats during the consultation which was deceivingly soft/ slippery. Inside the car (LWB) the surface felt more firm and supportive. The material is quite “synthetic” looking to me, it’s more a herringbone pattern than a cordoroy.
I didn’t take pics of the seat since I was a-buzz with sensory overload. We got to play with the nose lift and the rear spoiler (the nose lift required the engine to be started so I was treated to a cooooold start also!!)
The most striking aspect of the interior to me was how “elegant” the black stitching looked w black leather. The car had the extended leather on the dash board, after seeing this option and how much more “finished/ refined” it looked with the black stitching I had to get it!
Another thing, the standard black trim is killer!
They also had a colour wheel of the vinyl used for the side stripes.
I must admit, the biggest reason for me going there was to confirm my PTS choice. After looking at every pic of olive green on the internet, and being alarmed by a recent pic of that same colour, I had to see it in person. They not only showed me the frog, I was allowed to spend some time with it too! I took it outside in direct sunlight and made several videos of it! I’m very pleased with my choice.
Ultimately, I switched my build to a touring package, did Pepita seats, and side stripes and PTS.
I’ll post pictures from my phone separately
Sounds like an awesome experience. I have not had a chance to go, but will try. Glad to hear you opinion on the extended dash and black stitching, as I have it on order in conjunction with the steering column, full leather, and air vent painted in exterior color (which also wraps the edges in leather). Looks like our cars will be similarly specced, since I also have the houndstooth seat inserts, PTS, and Touring, amongst other things. Congrats on your build. Can’t wait to see all these cars arrive.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Provie
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 37 Posts

They had a sample of the “cloth” seats during the consultation which was deceivingly soft/ slippery. Inside the car (LWB) the surface felt more firm and supportive. The material is quite “synthetic” looking to me, it’s more a herringbone pattern than a cordoroy.
I didn’t take pics of the seat since I was a-buzz with sensory overload. We got to play with the nose lift and the rear spoiler (the nose lift required the engine to be started so I was treated to a cooooold start also!!)
The most striking aspect of the interior to me was how “elegant” the black stitching looked w black leather. The car had the extended leather on the dash board, after seeing this option and how much more “finished/ refined” it looked with the black stitching I had to get it!
I must admit, the biggest reason for me going there was to confirm my PTS choice. After looking at every pic of olive green on the internet, and being alarmed by a recent pic of that same colour, I had to see it in person. They not only showed me the frog, I was allowed to spend some time with it too! I took it outside in direct sunlight and made several videos of it! I’m very pleased with my choice.
Ultimately, I switched my build to a touring package, did Pepita seats, and side stripes and PTS.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Provie,

1. What option is that doorsill? Is that standard or optional illuminated aluminum?

2. What green is that? I’m nervous now, lol.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Provie
Racer

[QUOTE=GT3;14713592]
Provie,

1. What option is that doorsill? Is that standard or optional illuminated aluminum?

2. What green is that? I’m nervous now, lol.

[/QUOTE

1. standard door sill w touring package (I had CF but deleted that option after seeing these)
2. Olive green 274 (its more accurately depicted in video which is taking forever to upload). It’s a hard colour to photograph.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

The standard black trim looks really good
Old 01-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Provie
Racer

Sorry video did not load...

Different angle of OG outside

OG next to Fashion Grey (indoors)
Old 01-06-2018, 01:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

1. standard door sill w touring package (I had CF but deleted that option after seeing these)
2. Olive green 274 (its more accurately depicted in video which is taking forever to upload). It’s a hard colour to photograph.

Thanks for the info. I’ll probably remove the illuminated aluminum door sills option now.
Great choice on the olive green.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

That's great looking build that you have....congrats!
Old 01-06-2018, 01:20 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Sorry video did not load...

Different angle of OG outside

OG next to Fashion Grey (indoors)
Thanks !

when the delivery? I have one slot for March
Old 01-06-2018, 01:22 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Is there like... a glossary of terms and codes I can look at for Porsche noobs? For example all the production status codes I keep seeing and the CXX stuff and all that. No idea what any of this means.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:01 PM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Nope... Only those without an allocation float those associations or comparisons.
oh no they don't....LOL....you see I pick mine up the 3rd week of March.....no semi skimmed GT3 version for me.....mines the full fat GT3 version....BOOOOOOMMMMMM....spec'd up ready for lock down on the 19th
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PJ5R8QM4
Old 01-06-2018, 03:05 PM
ninesixfourrs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

what is a shame is we don't get PTS here in blighty.....love the olive green colour above....but I would have gone Irish Grun.....but never mind GTSM will do me fine
Old 01-06-2018, 03:44 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by ninesixfourrs
what is a shame is we don't get PTS here in blighty.....love the olive green colour above....but I would have gone Irish Grun.....but never mind GTSM will do me fine
GT Silver is beautiful
Old 01-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ninesixfourrs
oh no they don't....LOL....you see I pick mine up the 3rd week of March.....no semi skimmed GT3 version for me.....mines the full fat GT3 version....BOOOOOOMMMMMM....spec'd up ready for lock down on the 19th
http://cc.porsche.com/icc_euro/ccCal...bcode=PJ5R8QM4

Old 01-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Is there like... a glossary of terms and codes I can look at for Porsche noobs? For example all the production status codes I keep seeing and the CXX stuff and all that. No idea what any of this means.
CXX means any custom tailoring option via Porsche Exclusive. On window sticker it reads “CXX” and something like “custom request by custom requiring additional customization”. These are options not available through the online configuration and that Porsche Exclusive will do for a higher price from a menu of special things. Among the most common we have been discussing is custom tailored seats, which allows you to change the color of leather bolsters, the material and color of the center inserts (houndstooth/Pepita for example), the stitching or piping for the seats, etc), and exterior vinyl stripes.

Quick Reply: Check in Here if you have a 991.2 GT3 PTS Order