Orthojoe's track build journal

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 01:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Who is Potter and why is he special? I figured he is a better driver than us common folks, but have not heard more.
let's just say to pass him, you will youe 200 hp over him.
i dont bother anymore, i see him 5 turns behind, i just stick my finger out to reduce my own misery.

Originally Posted by Mech33
What super powers does red group get??
open passing
good drivers

JOE, told ya.... PCA GGR is good. just dont spin out.

great racing today. had a lot of fun...
u should do the whole weekend next time.
nov PCA SDR has button willow, you got to do it. great track too.

did not have chance to play with u saturday, busy with racing
friday played with potter. that was nice chasing back and forth
mikymu was there too, as we explored the new bypass on west side.

Last edited by mooty; 09-07-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:28 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
let's just say to pass him, you will youe 200 hp over him.
i dont bother anymore, i see him 5 turns behind, i just stick my finger out to reduce my own misery.

open passing
good drivers

JOE, told ya.... PCA GGR is good. just dont spin out.

great racing today. had a lot of fun...
u should do the whole weekend next time.
nov PCA SDR has button willow, you got to do it. great track too.

did not have chance to play with u saturday, busy with racing
friday played with potter. that was nice chasing back and forth
mikymu was there too, as we explored the new bypass on west side.
Mooty means passing ok in all the corners, but PCA always requires a point by. Yes, PCA GGR was great. Open passing isn't needed because point bys were always given. They are more strict about certain things, but that isn't a bad thing. They do require numbers on all 4 sides of the car, which I wasn't prepared for, so I kept getting black flags because the tape numbers kept on peeling off (the car is THAT fast! LOL). Also, I couldn't use my magnetic numbers on the rear fender, because they HAD to be on the door. Things to remember the next time I run with them.

Looking forward to running with you guys again!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:48 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Delighted to have you join us, Joe. Always room for a heads-up driver. Especially one that's fast!
Old 09-07-2015, 12:25 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Delighted to have you join us, Joe. Always room for a heads-up driver. Especially one that's fast!
Thanks, Lar. I appreciate the warm welcome and company! It was good to see you and the rest of the fellas!
Old 09-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Ggr is a really good group but their tech guys are a bit particular. I enjoy running with them.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:14 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

PCA tech is a bit hit and miss. For DE they tend to be rigid, which I'm totally fine with. However, in racing, er... not so much. I waited patiently while they tech'd a few Spec Boxsters ahead of me. They were very strict. Even made them drill inspection holes in the cage to check tubing wall thickness. Finally it's my turn. I'm expecting the fine toothed comb, like the others got. To my surprise, the scrut takes one look at my car and says "oh, you have a Cup!" "You're all good to go."
Old 09-08-2015, 12:27 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
PCA tech is a bit hit and miss. For DE they tend to be rigid, which I'm totally fine with. However, in racing, er... not so much. I waited patiently while they tech'd a few Spec Boxsters ahead of me. They were very strict. Even made them drill inspection holes in the cage to check tubing wall thickness. Finally it's my turn. I'm expecting the fine toothed comb, like the others got. To my surprise, the scrut takes one look at my car and says "oh, you have a Cup!" "You're all good to go."
With all due respect, these are the reasons I have no interest in PCA. What does all that really get you? I've been to events where there was no tech, to lots of tech. I don't find any correlation between the quality of the event and this annoyance. Is there concrete data that shows it? Self tech at events like HOD seems to work just fine. They have great events without all the politics.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:48 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
With all due respect, these are the reasons I have no interest in PCA. What does all that really get you? I've been to events where there was no tech, to lots of tech. I don't find any correlation between the quality of the event and this annoyance. Is there concrete data that shows it? Self tech at events like HOD seems to work just fine. They have great events without all the politics.

One of the big reasons I ended up getting track insurance is that I can't trust the other cars on track to not drop oil or coolant in front of me and end up causing a crash. The lemon cars running in advance groups really scare the crap out of me. If there was a good way to tech cars so stuff like this doesn't happen, that would be great for everyone. You're right, though, I don't know of any GOOD way to do this that would be reasonable for everyone involved.

Maybe there is no proof that tech inspections work, but after seeing cars that run in certain organizations this year that drop oil, drop exhaust parts, and even hoods that fly off down the main straight, I'd rather someone make a point than no point.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

The **** I've seen on track with other groups does not happen with pca and poc (and a few other groups hod is good couple times I've run with them). I appreciate this. Not because I'm an elitist *******, but because that crap can be damn dangerous. I do this for fun and I don't need some piece of ****box whatever the make or model losing parts on the track in front of me.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:10 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Default Orthojoe's track build journal

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The **** I've seen on track with other groups does not happen with pca and poc (and a few other groups hod is good couple times I've run with them). I appreciate this. Not because I'm an elitist *******, but because that crap can be damn dangerous. I do this for fun and I don't need some piece of ****box whatever the make or model losing parts on the track in front of me.
Yup. +1
Old 09-08-2015, 02:13 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree!
Old 09-08-2015, 02:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

it is what it is.
i am not a staff of PCA GGR
but i like running with them
when i joined, there were mountains to climb, not just hills
the tech... well.... it's an acquired taste. i bitch and moan about it. but i bitch and moan about my wife and kids too. they are still with me. or should is say, i am still with them.... it's like saying there's too much MSG in chinese food. if there is no msg you aren't eating real chinese food. we call those american chinese food. you dont see cockroaches and rats in the kitchen... and an "A" tag from the food authorities...i am sorry to tell you, that 's not real chinese food. it's not for everyone. some of my good friends will never do PCA some got converted.

one should always run with the groups they like. and everyone is different.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:54 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Default Orthojoe's track build journal

Mooty for president.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Mass_K
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Mooty for president.
+1

anything beats trump imo
Old 09-08-2015, 07:08 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

The driver of the GT4 was cool enough to send me some video from that day. I got his permission to post here

Video of the GT4 chasing me in my GT3

Video of his best lap the following day. 1:58.2!

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's track build journal