New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 11:08 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,795 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
For GT cars, yes. A customer's name. Dealers cannot order GT cars under the dealer's name to use as 'stock' showroom cars, unlike normal Porsche cars.

To skirt the issue, dealers take the allocations and use unauthorized customer data for the orders to show PCNA that these cars are orders from 'customers'. This is why there are always 'unsold' GT cars sitting in showrooms with some kind of ADM on it at launch. The cover story is always oh the customer backed out. Ferrari dealers are notoriously for doing this.

They used to use employee names but PCNA got smart at some point in time and question the orders. Some are genuine orders from customers with the same name, so those are allow to proceed after some investigation. Much less suspicion if they use real customer data from their database, record will shows those are existing customers ordering new cars.

Porsche personal at Zuffenhausen are always proud of the fact that every GT car build at Zuffenahusen are 'sold' cars, with a customer's name attached to each one. Sort of.
This not accurate.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I know of the Grey one here, the riveria, and a viper all for sale.
Same ones i was offered. Have a customer for green manual but no information past the pdi photos
Old 02-08-2018, 01:40 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Could you elaborate on this? So allocations are always attached to a “name” say a customer (even if not aware of it) or an employee?
Each dealer has a list, some alternate between sold to customers and "lets see how it goes"

Some VIP guys allow dealer to spec and see what happens

In general the GT cars are a volume reward and some dealers make more money off those than others. It's a choice. On a dealer rep level, some reps want GT cars going to legit customers and some reps think that it's a reward to do what you want.

At the end of the day the marketplace is created with very advanced ideas on exactly how many come to each region, and every guy sees the value/ enjoyment of these cars in their own lens.

Every dealer wants more GT cars but "earning" and "deserving" allocations is the same challenge for dealers and drivers.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:44 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
To the poster above- you don't have to be a 918 owner to get a car, you just have to start very early.

Some guys joke about it but like mooty said just call now and put in for 992.

Start now, build some credibility with one dealer. Throw all your eggs into that basket.

You cannot wait for a car to be announced, waffle, and then jump and get msrp - the environment is changed and there are 20 well informed people in your way already.
This advice is golden.

I've been on the list for 992's (with deposits) since 2014.

Not many dealers will go that far out, but I'm glad mine did.

To be honest, I think it's always safe to go one generation out. So if 991.1's are in production, get deposits on 991.2's. If 991.2's are in production (like now), get deposits on 992's. Build a relationship. Treat them with respect (hopefully they're treating you with respect in return / first). And take care of them. They'll take care of you.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Original owner offered a GT3 for 47,000 over sticker with 700 miles. Pts. PDK. Comfort seats. Iron rotors.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:35 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Original owner offered a GT3 for 47,000 over sticker with 700 miles. Pts. PDK. Comfort seats. Iron rotors.
What is that guy smoking?
Old 02-08-2018, 02:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ marijuana is now legal.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:27 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

All it takes is couple more >5% down days for stocks and it will be raining gt cars at/below msrp. It's all the same trade/bet, like it was ten yrs ago.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I’d love a GT3 or RS....but even after buying 11 new Porsche’s in 17 years that’s not enough to even get on a list. Even though I like but not love my 2017 GTS.....Porsche and how these dealers work GT cars are fast pushing me away from the brand.
I’m not wanting a GT3 to garage it and resell it...I want to use it and enjoy it for years and then buy another GT car.
I’m now starting to look at other brands.....Porsche and it’s dealer probably could care less anyway. Oh well....
Old 02-08-2018, 08:22 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I’d love a GT3 or RS....but even after buying 11 new Porsche’s in 17 years that’s not enough to even get on a list. Even though I like but not love my 2017 GTS.....Porsche and how these dealers work GT cars are fast pushing me away from the brand.
I’m not wanting a GT3 to garage it and resell it...I want to use it and enjoy it for years and then buy another GT car.
I’m now starting to look at other brands.....Porsche and it’s dealer probably could care less anyway. Oh well....
With that history, you should be able to get one at a very modest ADM. I understand the principle, but if you compare depreciation across brands, paying some ADM the Porsche is still cheaper on a cost to own than a lambo/Ferrari/McClaren.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:11 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

^ +1

Porsche, there is NO substitute.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

With that history, you should be able to get one at a very modest ADM. I understand the principle, but if you compare depreciation across brands, paying some ADM the Porsche is still cheaper on a cost to own than a lambo/Ferrari/McClaren.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:40 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Good afternoon CJ,

I guess we’ll pretend you and Whoopsy were talking about completely different situations, even though it’s very clear you weren’t.

Let’s move on to another matter. This is specifically about ADM’s, which is the topic of this thread.

I had dinner with someone last night and your name came up. I’d like to ask you a point-blank question: Did you have a friend put GT3 deposits down at multiple Porsche dealerships across the country with the intent of bringing them back to your store to flip?

Friend pays $15K over. Co-list it and/or flip it through Fresno for $25k-$40k over?

Rinse, wash, repeat 4 times in 30 days.

It’s a perfect opportunity for you to squash that rumor. (I hope).

Remember that black GT3 you recently had co-listed with the Auto Gallery a few weeks back with a huge ADM? And now there are 3 more GT3’s being sold through your store with ADM’s?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14751318

That’s more than Champion, Beverly Hills and the largest stores in the country. For such an exceptionally small store (4 CPO RDR’s last month), you seem to have more “used” GT3’s with ADM than you do normal CPO sales.

There are people who watch this stuff. They have access to the VIN’s and they know where the cars originate. A few phone calls later, and it’s clear what happened.

You’ve spent an entire year disparaging PCNA and Porsche dealers on these pages about this very subject, and yet here you are - squarely in the middle of multiple GT3 ADM’s.

I’m curious. I thought you were completely against the ADM games?
Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

This is such an interesting thread.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:56 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
This is such an interesting thread.
um you think?
Old 02-08-2018, 11:57 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

If a VIP does not want a high demand car, why doesn’t the dealer just cut a deal with the VIP? Order the car, dealer stores it until the hold period is over and then sells it?

It's happened plenty of times.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM