Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did either FPR come off of a running car? Frankly if you've eliminated the return line, possibility of a clogged rail and gauge, I don't see how it can be anything but the FPR...
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Carl Fausett
Developer

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

I did not realise you still had our Stage 2 injectors installed. Please put the stock injectors back until we find out why this car has so much pressure at the fuel rail.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Carl Fausett
Developer

Thanks for the reply on the fuel pressure question. Just want to clarify that your kit is simply bolt-on and I dont have to 'tune' the FMU on the dyno with wideband o2?

Im a bit worried with quality of our fuel here, at most its the 91 octane in california, do you have the air-fuel graph done during your dyno testing? Is it ok to see the results?

Any experience or comments if the tiptronic tranny can handle the stage 1 and 2 applications? thanks!
The kit was developed on 91 octane Wisconsin gas, so I am sure your California 91 octane will be just fine.

It is helpful to take the car to a dyno one time after the kit is installed to set up the FMU under load, but not required. If you have an air/fuel gauge installed, you can also setup the FMU under load on a country road (I have done that many times).

Here is a chart with A/F shown from a Stage 1 968 install. Note the nice flat fuel line!
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM
edz968s
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock injectors fitted and the FMU hooked up. It runs, sort of, lumpy idle and still a high fuel rail pressure of 56-58 PSI and smokey. I need to fit my a/f meter next
Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

this is why i may take my car to Carls local installer when i do mine.

i need to visit some friends in Madison anyway... long overdue.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 AM
edz968s
Instructor

I have fitted the air/fuel meter and it`s at he uppermost of the LED indicators at idle, with a rail pessure still touching 60 PSI. So another FPR on it`s way from Germany and more $$$$, when will it end, or work
Old 05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow! nice fuel graph that's just ever slightly leaner but very nice (still below 13 is good in my book)! after i finish replacing and changing all maintenance stuff and of course the steering wheel to 968cs this will be next for sure!

btw any feedback from people who has your kit already? looks like edz968s is still having problems is his case isolated?
Old 05-19-2010, 09:03 AM
edz968s
Instructor

The car is now sorted and running beautifuly, spot on idle, a/f ratios, etc.
The problem; how can I put this.
I installed the intake tube that the blow off connects to, as I seen on the cover of the installation manual, so at idle with the throttle body closed, the unused air was being blown directly at the MAF sensor, giving it a real hard time of what was going on, correct positioning is in the manual. My excuse is no excuse, should have adhered to the instal process.
Re positioning the intake tube, so that the blow off air is facing into the SC head and not over the MAF, speakes for it self.
Apologies to Carl for all the e-mails and Thank You Carl for your patience.
Now to get out on the road
Old 05-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by edz968s
The car is now sorted and running beautifuly, spot on idle, a/f ratios, etc.
The problem; how can I put this.
I installed the intake tube that the blow off connects to, as I seen on the cover of the installation manual, so at idle with the throttle body closed, the unused air was being blown directly at the MAF sensor, giving it a real hard time of what was going on, correct positioning is in the manual. My excuse is no excuse, should have adhered to the instal process.
Re positioning the intake tube, so that the blow off air is facing into the SC head and not over the MAF, speakes for it self.
Apologies to Carl for all the e-mails and Thank You Carl for your patience.
Now to get out on the road
Fantastic! Can't wait for dyno pulls.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM
edz968s
Instructor

The pics posted by Butzi68sc and TF on page 39, also show the blow off tubing directed at the MAF. This would show up as an erratic idle experienced by others with this install, any feed back from you?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Carl Fausett
Developer

I see that now, also. Those guys have that fitting installed backwards.
The result will be, at idle when the throttle plate is closed and the blow-off valve is open, the bypass-air
will be blown onto the hot-wire sensor and it wont like it. Errant idle and fuel readings will result.
MAF sensors require laminar flow over the hot wire and are very sensitive to turbulance.

Installing that fitting in the correct orientation blows the by-pass air at the supercharger inlet and away from the MAF, and normal MAF function is maintained.

If my instructions were not clear enough which way that is supposed to be installed, I may paint an airflow arrow onto the part.
Attached Images   
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Carl Fausett
Developer

Edz - you were a good fellow to have on the other end of the phone.... at least you tried every diagnostic I gave you without complaining so I could help you hunt this down.

I remember telling you to relax "its in there somewhere, we'll find it". Sure enough it had to be something simple. Glad you can drive and enjoy it now.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
edz968s
Instructor

Simple faux-pas.
Shall I reinstate the supplied injectors, so I don`t have to tune it twice.
Fuel rail is steady on 52 PSI.
Thank you for being patient with my abundance of e-mails.
At least you should now have a catalogue of fixes for any other customers
Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Great customer service. Please share your results as soon as you have them.
Raj
Old 05-19-2010, 11:24 AM
jlasuncion
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats guys! now lets see if edz968s is happy with the performance

Quick Reply: 968 Supercharger Kit Development