Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

Let's see, a forum sponsor, always an amazing selection of inventory, enthusiast owned and operated, Ruf dealer and a car owned by a motorsports celebrity... coupled with the fact that not many people are willing to pay $95k for a 964, especially based solely on a classified ad, I'm not seeing the cause for alarm here.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:17 AM
bumble996
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AMEN.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:14 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Careful people, there is a red on tan C4 coupe just listed on Cars.com that is a scam.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:42 PM
964TOK
Racer

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...733014088.html
Old 10-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

That will go quick if it checks out.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

[quote=Bloose993TT]That will go quick if it checks out.[/

Someone should just buy the seats and the Mag wheels.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Rstrada
If you or your friend is still interested in this car you may contact Graham Rahal directly. No BS here to hate unless BS is made up. Love cars otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we are doing. It's the BS that kills.
Tarek307,
Thanks for your common sense. another RL lesson learned.
Originally Posted by bumble996
As someone who has purchased multiple vehicles from Rstrada (as well as had most of cars modified there as well) - I can assure you they know what they're doing when it comes to handling clientele. They've sold multiple vehicles for personal friends of mine as well (Ferrari/Porsche/Bentley you name it) they are not new to this LOL.
That's Rstrada's Showroom BTW. LOL.
Originally Posted by Vegas993
Let's see, a forum sponsor, always an amazing selection of inventory, enthusiast owned and operated, Ruf dealer and a car owned by a motorsports celebrity... coupled with the fact that not many people are willing to pay $95k for a 964, especially based solely on a classified ad, I'm not seeing the cause for alarm here.
AMEN.
Go get the bros to jump in!

1. I see the car posted on GRP's IG feed the other day
2. I see the car posted here by someone else, I ask them about it offline
3. I ask about the car, I get vague an unspecific responses
4. I ask where car is titled and if in US. GRP says "titled and registered in Indiana" Rstrada says "registered in Oregon"
5. I ask about the Shaken, can't produce. EVERY Japanese car will have a stack of them.
6. I also don't see any of the decals or stickers on the car that every Japan import has.
7. GRP in IN, Rstrada in CA. Am I getting f'd with? Sure you can see the issue here.

Could be a fantastic car! But I won't know because I'm done with the story and have moved on.

Lastly, I don't know Rstrada. Porsche shops here in SoCal, they come and go. No idea if they are great, no idea if they are a fly by night group. No issues. Could be a fantastic set of fabricators, techs, and engineers.

GRP most people know of.

So, the lesson: when you post a car, know the car .Or, simply say "I just know of it, here's the guys info that knows all about it". Or be up front about the situation. This has been an escalating issue with "everybody knows somebody or something" and people trying to represent **** that they don't manage or control or have in their possession or haven't bought. Just get out of the middle so we can get to the point which is finding a car.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:35 PM
bumble996
Intermediate

Ignorant and immature, but I digress. Here's a quick lesson - When you're an honest business, people will come to your aid - it's the nature of good people, but obviously you don't get that. You'd rather try and bully your way into people thinking there's something suspicious because someone wasn't willing to give you every bit of information you requested on a vehicle you have no intention of purchasing personally.
I've got an issue with anyone that acts as if they're the "authority" and feels the need to teach everyone how the process works. Especially when it's uninformed fact spewing. That's the worst thing about forums like this.
Want to get everyone out of the middle? Get out of the middle yourself unless you're the one writing the check. You think you're providing value when honestly, you're not. Anyone who seriously wants to purchase a car will do their own due diligence, they don't need you.

Best of luck to you.

Old 10-26-2018, 09:46 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

1. I see the car posted on GRP's IG feed the other day
2. I see the car posted here by someone else, I ask them about it offline
3. I ask about the car, I get vague an unspecific responses
4. I ask where car is titled and if in US. GRP says "titled and registered in Indiana" Rstrada says "registered in Oregon"
5. I ask about the Shaken, can't produce. EVERY Japanese car will have a stack of them.
6. I also don't see any of the decals or stickers on the car that every Japan import has.
7. GRP in IN, Rstrada in CA. Am I getting f'd with? Sure you can see the issue here.

Could be a fantastic car! But I won't know because I'm done with the story and have moved on.

Lastly, I don't know Rstrada. Porsche shops here in SoCal, they come and go. No idea if they are great, no idea if they are a fly by night group. No issues. Could be a fantastic set of fabricators, techs, and engineers.

GRP most people know of.

So, the lesson: when you post a car, know the car .Or, simply say "I just know of it, here's the guys info that knows all about it". Or be up front about the situation. This has been an escalating issue with "everybody knows somebody or something" and people trying to represent **** that they don't manage or control or have in their possession or haven't bought. Just get out of the middle so we can get to the point which is finding a car.
To make this very clear, i asked RStrada to list the car. Arling is an expert with these and highly respected in this field. To be very clear, i had the car Shipped directly to him to get his professional opinion on it when we purchased it, and to have him to any minor work that needed done.

Now, the car is titled in Indiana in our dealer name. GRP owns the vehicle, RStrada is helping us sell the vehicle as he knows the market and it’s buyers better than I do.

The car is very solid and will be perfect for anyone looking to get into a C2 Coupe. If someone wanted to buy one and get a little more performance out of it and start a project, Arling is the guy and thus RStrada is the shop to go to.

On documents. I have STACKS of documents. All are in Japanese, so good luck reading those unless you’re Japanese or speak/Read the language. I myself don’t, maybe I’ll have my teammate Takuma decipher it all for me!
Old 10-26-2018, 09:47 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

To continue - anyone that is interested in this car, please contact myself or Rstrada, both can represent the car and get it into your hands. It’s a beauty, and i know will be well loved by someone very soon.

Thanks guys.

Gr@grahamrahalperformance.com
Old 10-26-2018, 10:09 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

such drama in the 964 universe
Old 10-26-2018, 10:44 PM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 42 Posts

I have only good things to say about Rstrada. Top notch shop and Top notch reputation in the industry. If you like the car.. Go inspect it. Meet the seller... then come to your conclusions. How often does a Cobalt/Sunroof delete car come up for sale?
Old 10-26-2018, 10:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Another rare 964 at RMC http://www.realmusclecar.com/listing...es-g50-manual/

I noted some paintwork on the right side near the shark fin but otherwise couldn’t tell a whole lot due to the low resolution. Overall it doesn’t look too bad, might be worth a closer look for someone trying to find a Targa.....
Old 10-27-2018, 12:10 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Another rare 964 at RMC http://www.realmusclecar.com/listing...es-g50-manual/

I noted some paintwork on the right side near the shark fin but otherwise couldn’t tell a whole lot due to the low resolution. Overall it doesn’t look too bad, might be worth a closer look for someone trying to find a Targa.....
That would be me but their price is unrealistic, IMHO.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:20 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Jeez I stay off this forum for a day and all hell brakes loose. Buyers will buy and lookers will keep on looking. Wish there was a way to clean this Ope'd out but there isn't. Its a business at the end if the day. I personally habe no interest on Non Turbo Wide Body 964's, but if I did, there would be one in my garage without any prepurchase posts on this forum whatsoever, exactly because of this BS..

"Drive the car not the mouse" #PorscheON!

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale