Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
Nice looking car but not much detail. 70 is the new 50?
I'm not sure this car would have been $50k as it sits unless more than 4 years ago. Its very clean, and just had a very expensive engine top end job done. Not a good car to flip, but a good car to drive and enjoy, as it won't cost you 20k the next 12mo.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:07 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Nice one. Don't know Mooty but he seems like the kind of guy you want to buy a P Car from.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:21 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Nice one. Don't know Mooty but he seems like the kind of guy you want to buy a P Car from.
There are 3-4 people on rennlist where I would buy a car without even looking at it if they vouched for it. Mooty is one of those guys.

Mooty is also one one of those guys who will make you bankrupt.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,153 Likes on 1,292 Posts

BaT https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-12/

I read through the comments and clearly the owner is hiding something. The rear quarter was replaced and he is claiming it was an unrelated dent to the rear deck lid. I originally thought he was confused but after watching the video he is clearly showing the three good panels and glanced over the right rear quarter that was replaced, the lower shark fin which is held on by a screw and the improper weld job done causing the shape of the rear fender to be off and the lower shark fin area to be bent inwards. He also glanced over the torn seat bolsters. This could be a decent buy for someone willing to fix the problems but the seller clearly is trying to get more for the car than it is worth. Engine rebuild and bodywork this car isn't worth much but the seller is trying for gold.

This has sadly become the norm when looking at these cars and it is a shame people can't be honest instead of trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes. I find it funny how he is hurting his sale more than he realizes. If he was transparent about the cars issues it would probably fetch more.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:42 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 362 Posts

These days you can auction off snowcones to eskimos on BAT and they will fetch six figures. Kudos to them and their waiting list of listings but that does not weed out sketchy sellers. Good luck!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:50 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt

I read through the comments and clearly the owner is hiding something. The rear quarter was replaced and he is claiming it was an unrelated dent to the rear deck lid. I originally thought he was confused but after watching the video he is clearly showing the three good panels and glanced over the right rear quarter that was replaced, the lower shark fin which is held on by a screw and the improper weld job done causing the shape of the rear fender to be off and the lower shark fin area to be bent inwards. He also glanced over the torn seat bolsters. This could be a decent buy for someone willing to fix the problems but the seller clearly is trying to get more for the car than it is worth. Engine rebuild and bodywork this car isn't worth much but the seller is trying for gold.

This has sadly become the norm when looking at these cars and it is a shame people can't be honest instead of trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes. I find it funny how he is hurting his sale more than he realizes. If he was transparent about the cars issues it would probably fetch more.
A person who knows tells me the car is a major fixer.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:15 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

It is pretty funny how the right rear of th car is only seen from distant shots and glanced over in the video. If the seller wants to get a decent bid he needs to post up some close up shots of the area and fess up.

Another observation is that it appears the frunk may have been subject to moisture in the past as I see signs of mold on the underside of the carpet, corrosion all over the metal parts and baked on dust.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:18 AM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

I really don't understand how BAT has been letting some pretty crappy listings with crappy photos and no photos of undercarriage or videos these days.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:49 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

...This has sadly become the norm when looking at these cars and it is a shame people can't be honest instead of trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes...
+1
Originally Posted by The Greek
There are 3-4 people on rennlist where I would buy a car without even looking at it if they vouched for it. Mooty is one of those guys.
Mooty is also one one of those guys who will make you bankrupt.

+964
I bought my car from a member like that. Buy the seller.
Can't believe this Mooty car hasn't sold yet.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:06 AM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 84 Posts

Some things are pretty obvious when it come to a vehicles condition, some not so obvious. I am definitely still learning. A lot of you guys have this stuff dialed in.

Y'alls comments on this and other auctions are great.

Over the weekend I read through months of Anthony's comments on various auctions.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
+1

+964
I bought my car from a member like that. Buy the seller.
Can't believe this Mooty car hasn't sold yet.
I have been telling people this for years. A PPI is a must, but you have to buy the seller. If you get any run around or just have a "bad feeling" about the seller, just walk. It's not worth it. For instance, I like sellers that tell me everything that is wrong with the car, almost to a fault. Because of that, I do the same and then love to over deliver. Don't sugar-coat it people, be honest. If you are honest, your car will sell at an honest price.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 11-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
This one is sold. Told you guys it was a good car!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:24 PM
GoatFarmer
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Anthony,
Is your user name 965 on BAT?
Old 11-27-2018, 04:35 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

I don't know if he's necessarily hiding anything but maybe was just uninformed about body/paint work etc.. Since it's BAT it will probably hit reserve and sell over market. That being said the car looks to have some stories for sure. Thanks for your insight Colbat. I learn something new every week on these boards.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:03 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatFarmer
Anthony,
Is your user name 965 on BAT?
Haha, I saw that too, 965 is one of the most experienced experts on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale