Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Guys, proceed with caution, this car is not in the posters possession and when asked details very few are available at this time. It's a Japan import car (not necessarily a bad thing).
Sorry bud, but if you post a car for sale, you really need to be armed with the information to move it.
Spyerx,

I don't have any issue with you. Your posts here are certainly aggressive. If it's not towards us, I'm fine with it, but if it is, I have a problem with it. Are you one of the person that emailed me last night? If you were, then I think I agreed with what you said so I'm not going to waste your time, or mine.

This car is in our possession but it's not our car. I was asked to potentially sell the car by a friend who's also a Rennlist here. There is no need to be an internet expert if you don't know the facts. And, my original post was NOT a formal ad, otherwise it would have its own thread. I simply asked anyone that have interest to contact me directly & personally. I'm willing to spend the time to go over the car.

Reputation is the most important thing for us. Our cars usually never hit the market. I would appreciate you only say the fact you know before you start making false statement here.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:38 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car! Great thank you for the info.

Originally Posted by dodgersfanatic
Stoff,

For what it's worth I bought my Midnight Blue over Cashmere WB for $81k from a private seller, but judging from the retail listings I've seen online the range is anywhere from the mid $90k to $120k. I got mine because I can never resist a good deal, and I thought it was below market value at that price. Hope this helps.

-Brian

Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Rstrada
Spyerx,
I don't have any issue with you. Your posts here are certainly aggressive. If it's not towards us, I'm fine with it, but if it is, I have a problem with it. Are you one of the person that emailed me last night? If you were, then I think I agreed with what you said so I'm not going to waste your time, or mine.
This car is in our possession but it's not our car. I was asked to potentially sell the car by a friend who's also a Rennlist here. There is no need to be an internet expert if you don't know the facts. And, my original post was NOT a formal ad, otherwise it would have its own thread. I simply asked anyone that have interest to contact me directly & personally. I'm willing to spend the time to go over the car.
Reputation is the most important thing for us. Our cars usually never hit the market. I would appreciate you only say the fact you know before you start making false statement here.
Not aggressive, just factual. But I fail to see how what you posted was not a for sale ad? It listed a car, and a price.
Point being, I asked a few simple questions that couldn't be answered quickly, as a buyer, or the facilitator of a buyer (which I am in this case, for a good friend that has a large budget but has less patience than I do and asked for an initial assessment) puts doubt in my mind, so I'm not sure if it's a don't know the car, don't have the car, haven't seen the car, don't understand the car, or what.
When you start out asking a real premium (a good compare to your car is the BAT Japan import, which I had seen in person also and a more rare color combo and 1/2 the miles) these details are great to have handy. And for a Japan import car, the most recent Shaken report is a good starting point along with a picture of the options sticker. If you have those, happy to come look at it locally, just down the road from you.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Do keep in mind Japanese imports don't come with option stickers like the US cars. Although despite the desirability of the color there are questions. And if that isn't a for sale listing I am at a loss.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:32 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Not aggressive, just factual. But I fail to see how what you posted was not a for sale ad? It listed a car, and a price.
Point being, I asked a few simple questions that couldn't be answered quickly, as a buyer, or the facilitator of a buyer (which I am in this case, for a good friend that has a large budget but has less patience than I do and asked for an initial assessment) puts doubt in my mind, so I'm not sure if it's a don't know the car, don't have the car, haven't seen the car, don't understand the car, or what.
When you start out asking a real premium (a good compare to your car is the BAT Japan import, which I had seen in person also and a more rare color combo and 1/2 the miles) these details are great to have handy. And for a Japan import car, the most recent Shaken report is a good starting point along with a picture of the options sticker. If you have those, happy to come look at it locally, just down the road from you.
We don't have to agree on everything I get that. You might know a thing or two about 964 so are we. Very familiar with the Japanese import so it is not new to us. Your email was clear, and I responded you quickly, to a point that I knew you aren't a buyer. representing someone else with any budget doesn't work in this case. I choose not to waste your time but that doesn't mean there's anything to hide. No 964 is perfect at any price. I'm willing to spend my time with someone that shows the effort to come see it & discuss in person. Not to prove to anyone just want to be the internet police.

Cobalt,

Formal ad listing meaning we create a post in the Classified section for this car. We have not gone that far yet. This thread has the traffic to engage few that are looking for the right car. The asking price is asking price by the owner of the car. Premium or not I'm not here to judge but at least no flipper will waste our time at that. So if we're gonna be here nick-picking words in between this is just never gonna end. Peace out guys.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:55 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 135 Posts

No affiliation, lol.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2220466
Old 10-25-2018, 11:07 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Rstrada
We don't have to agree on everything I get that. You might know a thing or two about 964 so are we. Very familiar with the Japanese import so it is not new to us. Your email was clear, and I responded you quickly, to a point that I knew you aren't a buyer. representing someone else with any budget doesn't work in this case. I choose not to waste your time but that doesn't mean there's anything to hide. No 964 is perfect at any price. I'm willing to spend my time with someone that shows the effort to come see it & discuss in person. Not to prove to anyone just want to be the internet police.

Cobalt,

Formal ad listing meaning we create a post in the Classified section for this car. We have not gone that far yet. This thread has the traffic to engage few that are looking for the right car. The asking price is asking price by the owner of the car. Premium or not I'm not here to judge but at least no flipper will waste our time at that. So if we're gonna be here nick-picking words in between this is just never gonna end. Peace out guys.
Not trying to stir the pot here, but I can personally assure you that Spyerex is a buyer indeed and his friend is ready to write a check for any car he recommends. As a dealer i ensure that i have the car i'm "advertising" in stock so i can give proper and correct info, that would definitely help you sell the car. Flippers usually are the ones that don't have enough info on cars they are selling not dealers, just my opinion.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

I just leave this here...

To quote the great usctrojanGT3:
"I LOVE CARS AND HATE BS! "

GO MONTANA!
Old 10-25-2018, 11:42 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

I just leave this here...

To quote the great usctrojanGT3:
"I LOVE CARS AND HATE BS! "

GO MONTANA!
If you or your friend is still interested in this car you may contact Graham Rahal directly. No BS here to hate unless BS is made up. Love cars otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we are doing. It's the BS that kills.

Tarek307,

Thanks for your common sense. another RL lesson learned.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:34 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

boom. maybe Courtney Force will be there too for a skype session.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:06 AM
bumble996
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to stir the pot here, but I can personally assure you that Spyerex is a buyer indeed and his friend is ready to write a check for any car he recommends. As a dealer i ensure that i have the car i'm "advertising" in stock so i can give proper and correct info, that would definitely help you sell the car. Flippers usually are the ones that don't have enough info on cars they are selling not dealers, just my opinion.
As someone who has purchased multiple vehicles from Rstrada (as well as had most of cars modified there as well) - I can assure you they know what they're doing when it comes to handling clientele. They've sold multiple vehicles for personal friends of mine as well (Ferrari/Porsche/Bentley you name it) they are not new to this LOL.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 AM
bumble996
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default :)

That's Rstrada's Showroom BTW. LOL.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:00 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts

Great car in a stunning color, GLWS obviously.

Most of us here check the Vehicle Marketplace posts but mostly, posts there are for later model cars; anyone selling a 964 would know to post here in the 964 forum and under Great American 964s For Sale. When the post for this Cobalt ROW car popped up in the for sale forum, with an asking price, it looked to me like it was for sale. Given the IMHO high asking price, many of us would naturally have questions and one would hope, a real buyer would too.

Many of us, like Spyerx, have friends looking for just this sort of car. Before I would refer a buyer over, I would touch base with the seller and try to find out a little more about the car. Spyerx' buyer sounds a lot like guys I sell estates to in 90210: ready, willing and able to buy the best but not into wasting time, prepared to pay all the money but want the details prior to arranging a showing.

I am not a buyer but if I was, I would want to know things like who did the importation and why did the car need a full respray after less than 50k miles? I am sure the seller can understand this and ultimately this info will be given to any potential buyer.

Hope to see the car on the road soon and not in a warehouse under a cover. Peace.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:57 AM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

I've pulled a Carfax on a ROW car - there is nothing before importation, so I always laugh when I see "no crash history" on one of these.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Spyerx, I'm with you on this one.
Maybe a formal thread with full disclosure is warranted vs Checks all the boxes. Especially since this term was just discussed here

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale