Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:58 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Og_m3
and another flip for this dealership: https://www.chequeredflag.com/1993-P...5/Details.aspx

Flip? That's what dealers do, don't they? Especially this one. I have seen several cars before they get to CF and then they're marked up ten, 20 grand. Happens often. They take advantage of the inefficient market, like a good capitalist does. :-)

Old 11-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Og_m3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Flip? That's what dealers do, don't they? Especially this one. I have seen several cars before they get to CF and then they're marked up ten, 20 grand. Happens often. They take advantage of the inefficient market, like a good capitalist does. :-)
oh yea, totally understand and understand business, but just sucks to see it marked up a prior sale with what looks like little was done re "recon" it. maybe im just sour since they beat me to the car
Old 11-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

oh nooooo, a dealer bought a car and is selling it for profit, how dare they! ps: this particular car has had some paint work and no records i believe, i talked to the owner when it was for sale & passed on it, doubt the dealer will get this price anyways. If you're a real buyer you find a deal you buy it, if the dealer didn't waste time and beat you to it, don't be sour!
Old 11-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Og_m3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
oh nooooo, a dealer bought a car and is selling it for profit, how dare they! ps: this particular car has had some paint work and no records i believe, i talked to the owner when it was for sale & passed on it, doubt the dealer will get this price anyways. If you're a real buyer you find a deal you buy it, if the dealer didn't waste time and beat you to it, don't be sour!
dealer bought it as i had already pre paid for the ppi to be done as well as a deposit.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:02 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

dealer bought it as i had already pre paid for the ppi to be done as well as a deposit.
That means the seller is a scum bag if you pre paid for a ppi and left deposit and he still sold it- not dealers fault. Sorry to hear that man, some people are just low lives and their word means nothing.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

FYI to all: In Florida a dealer cannot sell a car to another party if you have placed a deposit on the vehicle, can be as little as $500.00. 7/30 day grace period before surrender. That is the law.

Private seller cand do whatever they want. MAGA...😂
Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

There is also a law that says you can't sell a car you don't legally own, but that doesn't stop RMC!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
111k miles for 65 grand. Not sure that works in this market.
have white 91
60k miles
$75
engine rebuilt ($25k, 2 months ago)
rebuilt str rack
new AC comp
Old 11-08-2018, 09:27 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by tjb616
There is also a law that says you can't sell a car you don't legally own, but that doesn't stop RMC!
What about consignment shops?
Old 11-08-2018, 10:37 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

This applies to any purchase: no papers no purchase. Period. Its not that difficult. Unless you're financing the car why would you not walk away with the title? Unless a brand new vehicle where the first title issuance is still pending like most Porsche Dealers do.

I don't get it. A crooked dealer would not deter my purchase if I really wanted the car. However papers have to be in good order and present on the table otherwise, see you later. This particular dealer gets great cars, don't know how they do it but they do. Problem is their reputation onthis forum does not match their offerings.

I have passed 4 times with them. All on price disagreement as in my opinion their mark up is always too high.

Like $66.5k for a white 964 targa they currently have.
IMO, unrealistic
Old 11-09-2018, 09:36 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

have white 91
60k miles
$75
engine rebuilt ($25k, 2 months ago)
rebuilt str rack
new AC comp

Mooty, looks great - interior shots and one of the back end?
Old 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
This applies to any purchase: no papers no purchase. Period. Its not that difficult. Unless you're financing the car why would you not walk away with the title? Unless a brand new vehicle where the first title issuance is still pending like most Porsche Dealers do.

I don't get it. A crooked dealer would not deter my purchase if I really wanted the car. However papers have to be in good order and present on the table otherwise, see you later. This particular dealer gets great cars, don't know how they do it but they do. Problem is their reputation onthis forum does not match their offerings.

I have passed 4 times with them. All on price disagreement as in my opinion their mark up is always too high.

Like $66.5k for a white 964 targa they currently have.
IMO, unrealistic
New vehicles come from the factory with an MSO not a title. Once a purchase happens the dealer will then go ahead and get a title by sending in the MSO to the DMV of the state where the car is going to be first registered. The only titles a dealer has sitting around are technically used cars. In some cases those are current loaner cars or ex loaners because those cars are purchased by the dealer.

There are many cases where the dealer does not yet have the title to a car they sell. For example, if a customer trades in a car that has a lien on it and the dealer who takes it in trade turns and sells it quickly. The dealer may have sent in the payment to the lien holder and is waiting for the title to come. Also, if the person who trades in the car cannot find the title. In that case they will typically sign a letter saying they cannot find the title and sign an application for duplicate title with the dealer who bought the car as the new owner. That way the new duplicate title goes directly to the dealer.

Same can happen with off lease cars. If you turn your leased Porsche to the dealer and he "grounds" the car and buys it, the dealer may sometimes, (if he's lucky) sell the car before the title comes from PFS.

Obviously none of the cars we're talking about here are off lease cars. Since RMC is a dealer, technically they're not jumping title, they may just be having an issue getting the title from the person they bought the car from or the bank who held the lien.

Now all that being said....technically any dealer should not sell a car they dont have title too. In PA its technically not legal, although it goes on all the time. The dealer issues a guarantee of title letter and that's typically sufficient even for the next lien holder.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Know anything about this one? Pretty Special Car

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-911-tu...3:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Interesting Car
Old 11-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Drool, that thing is beautiful!

I think I’ll start a go fund me page for its purchase
Old 11-13-2018, 12:15 AM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts

Obviously none of the cars we're talking about here are off lease cars. Since RMC is a dealer, technically they're not jumping title, they may just be having an issue getting the title from the person they bought the car from or the bank who held the lien.

Now all that being said....technically any dealer should not sell a car they dont have title too. In PA its technically not legal, although it goes on all the time. The dealer issues a guarantee of title letter and that's typically sufficient even for the next lien holder.
If by "jumping the title" you mean attempting to avoid the taxes by never registering it in their name, but passing it directly from the previous owner to the buyer, then yes that's exactly what they tried to do to me. The issue was they ****ed up the title by trying to cross out a date so the DMV wouldn't accept it. Then had to jump through hoops to get a new title issued in their name from a DMV on the other side of the country, pay the taxes, and then reissue it to me.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale