Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK3.2
That sucks, man. Well, we certainly trust YOU around here. If you feel comfortable, perhaps you could share his name and pelican username so others know to stay away.
the problem with sharing this info is reprisals being in the business..i actually wanted to make an entire thread about it, but then you have people like Trader220 who can't wait for the chance to make up any accusation or cast doubt on you so its usually better to just keep such info to myself and not get into confrontations on the forums when there are such vindictive hateful characters
Old 09-17-2018, 06:33 PM
BLACK3.2
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
the problem with sharing this info is reprisals being in the business..i actually wanted to make an entire thread about it, but then you have people like Trader220 who can't wait for the chance to make up any accusation or cast doubt on you so its usually better to just keep such info to myself and not get into confrontations on the forums when there are such vindictive hateful characters
I hear you. By the way, I didn't read anything negative in trader's previous comment, but I guess you guys have history. I've seen him mark up sale threads before with negative comments that could affect a sale to an uninformed buyer.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:45 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK3.2
I hear you. By the way, I didn't read anything negative in trader's previous comment, but I guess you guys have history.
excuse the rant because this has been eating at me!

Yes nothing obvious without knowing the back story- but i know what he's trying to elude at and its meant for me. I had a red C2 that i went as far as rebuilding the top end motor on when it didn't really need it done for me to sell but i did it to make sure the next owner had a solid car (this can also be verified with member spyerex) , and trader sees that in the carfax there is a clerical error which i hadn't noted (car went into emission station at 96k miles but they put 98k miles to next entry was 97k miles) and he emailed me saying i hid this little error on purpose. The car had a repair from a fender bender that i circled and annonated in the pics and in my oriignal ad on pelican said its a repair from a fender bender, on the BAT ad the writer wrote "REPAIR & PAINT WORK" and the little part about fender bender wast written so trader tells me i'm trying to hide that its been in an accident (all while my pics all show the repair which wouldn't be visible easily unless i went out of my way to show it, even took the car to the porsche newport body shop to make sure it was nothing major and had ppi remove lining to also check inside) Trader tells me he knows the car from years ago and it was taken to DE days, ok no problem as soon as he told me i said it in the comment section in the BAT ad sorry the previous owner didn't tell me or didn't know that the owner before him from 20 years took it to de days. The most aggravting part is he was pm'n me this as if he's hiding some secret for me and doing me a favor, of course everything he pointed out to i immediately mentioned in the BAT ad as there were no "secrets"

Rant over, sorry and back to our regularly scheduled programing,,i just can't take it when someone questions my ethics as i hold ethics in the highest regard!
Old 09-17-2018, 07:01 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

I guess the next episode is elongating the thread with comments on the POS silver 964 Targa that is on SFO Craigslist which seller is completely misrepresenting. PPI report is attached on my earlier posting. Have fun gentlemen. I personally have no time for negative posters on someone else's for sale Ad. I sold my 9934S last week and had to report half a dozen negative posters on the car's for sale Ad from users which had no business interest in the vehicle, just an affinity to knock down someone else's for sale post or asking price with mockery and undesirable comments which makes ZERO sense to me. You would think grown men would wish a fellow community member GLWS and move on! But you read and you learn. If anyone in here ends up with the Targa in question despite the current knowledge, please update the thread and good luck to you. Moving on..
Old 09-17-2018, 07:10 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Not sure if this one has been posted already https://www.porschestlouis.com/used-...AB2969MS411585
Old 09-17-2018, 10:53 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
All the important items are either seeping or leaking on this car, plus the oil tank, how do you have oil leaks from the oil tank? Right rocker is saturated with oil as a result. I will clean up my personal info off the PPI document I received and post it here later in the week. Windshield is not factory has been replaced, targa top does not latch correctly, rear wiper arm is bent, engine bay is filthy, no heater, missing cat heat shield, I can go on and on and on but this is just what I remember currently. Would take about $30K+ post purchase to bring this car to my standard IMHO. More so, now that the seller has all of this information he still posts a new CL Ad and does not disclose it but lowers the price from $55 to $48, that tells you all you need to know. I live by the mantra "Buy the seller not the car"

Good luck Gentlemen.
Thank you for posting the PPI and warning. I hope this will save someone time & money.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:58 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Thank you for posting the PPI and warning. I hope this will save someone time & money.

Always a pleasure to add to the community of Pcar enthusiasts. You are most welcome.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:05 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

I guess the next episode is elongating the thread with comments on the POS silver 964 Targa that is on SFO Craigslist which seller is completely misrepresenting. PPI report is attached on my earlier posting. Have fun gentlemen. I personally have no time for negative posters on someone else's for sale Ad. I sold my 9934S last week and had to report half a dozen negative posters on the car's for sale Ad from users which had no business interest in the vehicle, just an affinity to knock down someone else's for sale post or asking price with mockery and undesirable comments which makes ZERO sense to me. You would think grown men would wish a fellow community member GLWS and move on! But you read and you learn. If anyone in here ends up with the Targa in question despite the current knowledge, please update the thread and good luck to you. Moving on..
Good karma your way. Definitely a real enthusiast.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
Hey Trader is you want to be a smart *** because on my red C2 ad i forgot about the carfax 2k mile clerical error in it from the emission station you can kiss my ! as soon as you pointed it out (and said you'll keep it a secret as if i did it on purpose) i listed it and even contacted carfax so they can fix it !! so dropping those little "smart *** words of yours thinking you have something on me won't get you anywhere.i mark every single imprefection i see with a car and circle it red and annonate it, so F off with your BS accusations . Transparency and full disclosure is what has earned me my reputation , and frankly i'm sick of your BS
My comments were not directed at you. I never accused you of anything of the sort. I have never posted specific negative comments to subvert any of your sales, nor would I. I have gone out of my way on this forum, (after our initial dialog about you being a dealer) to complement you, not only for your transparency but for bringing so many nice 964's to market. If you spent some time on these forums you'll note that I used the same comments about omissions and the same quote from Seinfeld long before you showed up here. My comments were simply a reference to those I have made here for many years.

I have been a member here for 15 years and several thousand posts. The only people I have called out are those who were truly committing fraud. Over the years, myself and others have received a barrage of hate mail from them. A number of years ago I also received a phony "cease and desist" order in my PM box ( several people got the same phony order in their pm box) from a well known TX dealer because I was one of the members who had exposed so much of their fraud. To this day I have another dealer who as recently as last year threatened me and tried very hard to learn my personal info because of the way myself and others called him out on this board. I do not lump you in with any of those sorts of dealers, and in fact it's quite the opposite.

My comments were directed at some of the other well known sellers of junk, who in the past I have taken issue with. They're well known here for their antics. They're well known around the internet and by the BBB for their antics. There are several lengthy threads here on Rennlist started by others about their antics. I also go out of my way, despite the way I loath those dealers, to say you can buy a car from anyone (including them), but... you'd better go see it yourself and be sure any PPI is truly independent. I have never grouped you with those sorts of dealers.

Let me be very clear.... I take no issue with you. It's my opinion (for whatever that's worth), that you're a very good honest seller who brings some high quality and interesting cars to market and shares them with this forum. Further, I personally would have no issue buying a car from you sight unseen. I have also given thumbs up to several people who asked me about cars you represented. So much so that I advocated buying the car or bidding on the car without a PPI or seeing it in person.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:54 PM
Trader220
Race Car

That's the exact reason why Pelican ended the ability to comment on someone else's "For Sale" listing on their site. IIRC about 10 years ago they ended the ability to comment on the actual listing for sale thread and they created the 'Porsche Market Place" discussion board.

It's a double edged sword. Many people make honest helpful comments or bump your listing occasionally. Some people also posted honest negative quotes, which I personally feel is a good thing. Unfortunately it got to the point where the nit picking and BS got to the point where Pelican stopped allowing the comments. If there is some out right fraud or glaring omissions going on the ability to point those out have been lost. On the other hand many of the comments were unfounded or even personal, or worse, were meant to drive the price down so the cars could be purchased at a lower price. For those reasons it was a good thing to kill the comment section.

Last edited by Trader220; 09-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Comments from people trying to drive pricing down is an issue here on Rennlist as well. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:24 PM
HDA
Three Wheelin'

Received 177 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Comments from people trying to drive pricing down is an issue here on Rennlist as well. Frustrating to say the least.
It's funny how instead some of the .7GT3 owners/sellers here actually tell to other GT3 sellers to raise the price because it is too low lol
Old 09-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by The Italian Pursuit
It's funny how instead some of the .7GT3 owners/sellers here actually tell to other GT3 sellers to raise the price because it is too low lol

I have seen that too and sort of chuckled to myself. In the last 16 months I have moved six 991.1 GT3RS's, two 991.1 GT3's, four 991.2 GT3's, and one 991.2 GT2RS. It's my opinion that the sellers of the 991.1 GT3RS and 991.1 GT3's are holding onto to a price where the market just isn't supporting anymore. These cars can be bought in the $180 to $195 (RS) area depending on color, build and miles. There are plenty on the market above $200 and even higher. I just don't see them trading there anymore. Raising the price here on Rennlist is not going to move the market.

Although the market for used cars (and lets face it these are used cars), even high line modern or vintage in the case of 964's is pretty efficient these days. Granted, they're not as efficient as the global capital markets but there is not a lot of need for price discovery. There is enough information which can be gathered in 30 minutes on the internet to know within a reasonable margin what any car should sell for. The market is also sufficiently efficient such that offering the car or cars higher on one venue will not skew the market. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, I know this is a 964 forum.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:28 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

I bit my tongue long enough...

1. if you are really that good at buying/selling, you would have bought and or sold
2. some ppl don't like dealers/brokers/flipper, whatever term you want to use... frankly as tarek said, he wins some lose some on the cars he buys and sells. I don't know him, but a very good friend of mine knows him and knows 964. from that info, I know that Tarek knows his 964s
3. I buy and sell a lot of cars and 99% at a loss. I do buy mostly really really clean cars. I see some on these buy/sell threads for years and can not find a good car. frankly, good car or low price...pick one. takes me less than a few weeks to find just about any cars... but if you really want a car, be ready to pay for it.
4. 964 prices? well it's all over the place. I have seen $30k cars and have see $100+ cars (that's just C2 not turbo nothing special, just a REGULAR C2)... I know b/c I bought one and sold one at over 100k. and I really have not seen more than a handful of cars that comes remotely close to the 100+ C2s.
5. so if you really want a 964 to drive and not just want to chat about 964 all day and dry hump.. make up a budget and buy a car. it's really not that hard to find.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:39 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

word

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale