Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
greens
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this one last week listed elsewhere but can't find the listing now for some reason. It's definitely a targa or cab. Can't recall which.

Still not bad on the price assuming it's not a tip and the mileage is decent.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by cool whip
Too good to be true?
Seems legit....'90 C4 Cab with 107k miles. It was listed on ebay last week but pulled. The ebay seller appears to be a dealer with several other cars currently listed including a 914, 928 and 2 944s. Feedback history shows multiple vehicle sales over time.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
greens
Racer

Thank you Ken. I knew I saw it somewhere. Even searched the completed listings and couldn't find it for some reason.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:58 PM
cool whip
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken D
Seems legit....'90 C4 Cab with 107k miles. It was listed on ebay last week but pulled. The ebay seller appears to be a dealer with several other cars currently listed including a 914, 928 and 2 944s. Feedback history shows multiple vehicle sales over time.
Oh, I'm Sorry, I Thought This was a coupe.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:27 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 128 Posts

Did anyone else see the Baltic Blue '90 C2 Coupe that was for sale Saturday AM for $27k? Had 97k miles and needs a top end job but looked pretty clean. I missed it by an hour or so. Looked like a very good deal. I hope someone here got it and not a dealer or flipper.

Last edited by L39E; 07-11-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by greens
It's priced just fine IMO. Not high enough to sit and not low enough to blow out the door.

It is a C4 after all. Not every decently clean 964 is immediately a $75K+ car.
So are C4's inferior to C2's? They are still coupes and one of 655 coupes made for all of 1992 US spec. With the majority of interest in the 964 falling on the 92-94 964 Coupes. I don't understand your reasoning?

I have countless numbers asking to help them find a coupe like this willing to pay more. With only 1,140 coupes all C2/C4 manual and tip imported to the US and Canada for 1992 through 1994 I don't see why a car like this assuming it is as described should not fetch at least high 60's. I have people offering me more for mine and it has more mileage and is far from stock.

After all your looking I would think this car is one you would be jumping on at its price?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:19 PM
greens
Racer

Originally Posted by cobalt
So are C4's inferior to C2's? They are still coupes and one of 655 coupes made for all of 1992 US spec. With the majority of interest in the 964 falling on the 92-94 964 Coupes. I don't understand your reasoning?

I have countless numbers asking to help them find a coupe like this willing to pay more. With only 1,140 coupes all C2/C4 manual and tip imported to the US and Canada for 1992 through 1994 I don't see why a car like this assuming it is as described should not fetch at least high 60's. I have people offering me more for mine and it has more mileage and is far from stock.

After all your looking I would think this car is one you would be jumping on at its price?
No not at all Anthony. I'm simply relaying what the market has decided based on value estimates. I know you know it's common knowledge that the C4 brings slightly less than the C2, cabs even less and tip C4 cabs...well let's not go there. I'm certainly not implying that one is inferior to the other, but simply asserting that the demand for a C2 is obviously higher at the moment than a C4. Living in Texas I personally have no need at all for AWD and would prefer the slightly lighter weight from the C2.

I've waited this long for the right one to come along. I'm not settling now regardless of price. That ROW Japan C2 recently listed caught my eye for a second but grayscale just isn't my thing.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:49 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No not at all Anthony. I'm simply relaying what the market has decided based on value estimates. I know you know it's common knowledge that the C4 brings slightly less than the C2, cabs even less and tip C4 cabs...well let's not go there. I'm certainly not implying that one is inferior to the other, but simply asserting that the demand for a C2 is obviously higher at the moment than a C4. Living in Texas I personally have no need at all for AWD and would prefer the slightly lighter weight from the C2.

I've waited this long for the right one to come along. I'm not settling now regardless of price. That ROW Japan C2 recently listed caught my eye for a second but grayscale just isn't my thing.
The grayscale car sold last week for very close to the asking price. Headed to the NW.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

tip C4 cabs...well let's not go there.
Unicorns pull a premium.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:02 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
Unicorns pull a premium.
Haha. Just like a magazine article saying my old Turbo 3.6 was twin turbo, everything else written is discounted.

To OP: ALL C4s are manual.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:30 PM
greens
Racer

Originally Posted by 993PET
The grayscale car sold last week for very close to the asking price. Headed to the NW.
I bet it did. It was a beauty. Checked all my boxes, especially sunroof delete, aside from color. I'm sure the new owner will love it.

Originally Posted by Vandit
Unicorns pull a premium.
Originally Posted by John McM
To OP: ALL C4s are manual.
Thank you gentlemen. Showing my apparent ignorance on the C4 having never bothered to shop for a AWD variant. Appreciate the knowledge.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:05 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,237 Posts

From what I have seen sell recently any 92-94 manual coupe in similar condition will bring stronger money than this car is listed for, either in C2/C4 configuration. There are a number of people who contact me that want C4's over C2's but it must be a coupe and a 92-94. The rarity and demand for these cars is strong and what I see all of these, assuming they are in pristine condition, will fetch high $60's for a C4 and mid $70's for a C2 manual clean with no issues and similar mileage. Especially if the car comes with records and window stickers. I have seen people pay additional $$ for these cars. Cut the mileage in half or less and pricing goes up from there.

I agree the occasional find does occur however, pricing has been relatively consistent and demand is far greater than supply. In the past 3 months I have seen, help sell or helped buyers with a number of these cars. I have seen lesser examples bring more and they were 90 and 91's with more mileage which bring less than the 92-94 cars do. I helped sell an 89 C4 with higher miles and it brought close to the asking price of this 92. Although it was a near flawless needs little example.

I recently helped a friend sell a 90 targa C2 with 122k miles needing major work the cost of the oil lines alone needed without labour was over $1500 the paint was a 4 out of 10 but original and the interior was a 5.5-6 and it sold for $32,500. When you add up the work needed done by an Independent the buyer will be into the car for at least the same or more than they are asking for a car that claims to need nothing is supposedly visually stunning, a coupe and has low mileage.

We don't need to get into coupes, targas and cabs. No doubt coupes are what is in highest demand, targas are rare but not everyone has interest and cabs are abundant and still bring strong money for clean examples. Considering more Cabs were sold in the US than coupes I would expect pricing to be reflected accordingly Especially since more coupes have been parted out, tracked and abused than Cabs.

I searched for each of my cars for over a year back in the early 2000's when these were easier to find. Good examples were hard to find back then and even harder now. I expect you will find that pricing is inching up on any late MY coupe. If this car hasn't sold yet I would assume it has issues that are undisclosed or people are afraid it is too good to be true.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:22 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Sorted late 964 C4 with good options for sale. GP White/Cashmere.
xpost https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...anual-cpe.html
Old 07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

60k price tag, with paint lines at the door jambs, etc?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:01 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by creaturecat
60k price tag, with paint lines at the door jambs, etc?
Where do you see paint lines? Everything was nicely blended.

Asking $59000 for a very nicely sorted late 964, would you rather have the faded and beat up original paint? If so, good luck finding one nicer than this one at a lower price.

Sheesh, hard to find any love on RL these days. What happened to the hearty GLWS?

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale