Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1993 (sorted) 964 Carrera 4 Manual Cpe

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:09 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts
Default FS: 1993 (sorted) 964 Carrera 4 Manual Cpe

Year: 1993
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 133333
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Grand Prix White
VIN: WP0AB2968PS420167
Price (no $ sign please): $59000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

FOR SALE: GP White/Cashmere C4 Manual Transmission Coupe.
I am the third owner, 2nd owner was the proverbial little old lady (78 years old) that owned the car from '96 (24k miles) to '15 when I bought it (129k miles). All records present in those dates, dealer serviced including last bill which was $12k plus for clutch, head seal, AC work and some 4wd bits that led to her selling the car to me.
I have factory training so took on a laundry list of small issues from the typical oil leaks (replaced the crank pully seal, cooler oil lines and other misc seals-the car DOES NOT LEAK OIL), wiring issues (alarm, cruise, wing up, etc), leftover maintenance (complete factory brakes incl pads, rotors, sensors, valve adjustment, oil change, distributor svc) and cosmetic items (repaired rust bubbles at lower windshield corners that the previous bodyshop missed during repaint, gauges repaired at Palo Alto, painted the rear bumper, replaced the factory shifter boot and key fob, wheels etc) and upgrades (Cup chassis brace, Porsche Classic Radio with Nav and Bluetooth, Solid state DME relay, LED bulbs interior and headlight, etc). As you can guess I spent an arm and a leg over the past year to get the car to where I could use it every day, my intention being to have a daily driver with none of the 964 issues that drive me crazy.
I also have a lot of motorsport engineering experience, so I spent a lot of setup time getting the car to handle as I like, including a new set of Conti SuperSport tires on the 7x9 inch Cup wheels (all factory no repos). The car handles great, with little of the typical C4 understeer. All work has been done in the last 5000 miles, to be ready for the Amelia Island PCA event where I met several Rennlisters on the Concours field. FYI this is NOT a Concours car, although it is very presentable I use it on a daily basis and it has 133k miles.
This is a rather rare "late" 964 with aero mirrors and one super cool option, body color Cup 1 wheels, it gives the car a very unique appearance ala 964 Speedster. The car is numbers matching with a clean Carfax, all options present on COA and everything on this car works from the AC to the fans to the clock, alarm, cruise, etc. There is nothing to be done mechanically other than enjoy it.
My caveats are that the car was repainted to a nice standard by the 2nd owner, original paint remains in door jambs, engine, trunk and under hood but it is a second paint car in original GP white color. Exterior condition is an 8.5 out of 10. Ft fenders have been off but no welds were disturbed in the engine bay during the repaint. Interior is very nice, 9 out of 10 with a new set of red belts for a splash of color and the only add-on other than the strut brace. Seats previously dyed to a high standard. My next item to tackle would have been to paint or replace the door cap and rear window trim black which is showing some age. 2nd gear has the typical stiffness when cold, shifts perfectly when warm, clutch feel is perfect and that wonderful 964 sound. The car is mechanically as good as anything I have owned or driven. If you are looking for a great, ready to use late 964 this is probably one of very few good ones on the market.
Please ask any questions or PM me for more info. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images           

Last edited by cscrogham; 07-04-2017 at 12:53 PM. Reason: updated info
Old 07-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow! Great example of a 964. Someone is going get a nice one.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:12 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Default Invoice samples

I have a full book of receipts, a few samples of the most recent work are included.
Attached Images       
Old 07-03-2017, 12:40 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Cole,

Lovely car, GLWS!

Phil
Old 07-03-2017, 05:33 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
Cole,

Lovely car, GLWS!

Phil
Thanks Phil! Interested to see what you do with your next project!
Old 07-04-2017, 03:01 AM
yanik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so beautiful... grr wish i could afford this! glws
Old 07-04-2017, 12:52 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the interest, as for trades I'm not really interested unless you have a super nice Cayman R or something similar in mind!

Trending Topics

Old 07-05-2017, 07:44 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Where is this car?
Thanks,
Frank in Knoxville TN
Old 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Where is this car?
Thanks,
Frank in Knoxville TN
Shenandoah Valley, Va near I-81. I have a friend that lives in Knoxville its about 5hrs from me.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:58 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Weekend TTT don't let this one get away, not many sorted late 964's out there.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:15 PM
GTSilver16
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cole, please provide more detail on rust remediation in corners of windshield. Was glass taken out and cowl painted? Was there blending into good etc? Second, regarding second gear when cold, does it grind or just stiff? Tx

Originally Posted by cscrogham
Weekend TTT don't let this one get away, not many sorted late 964's out there.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:23 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTSilver16
Cole, please provide more detail on rust remediation in corners of windshield. Was glass taken out and cowl painted? Was there blending into good etc? Second, regarding second gear when cold, does it grind or just stiff? Tx
Typical remediation of known issue-windshield removed, rust removed (was only the driver corner), cowl painted, windshield reinstalled with new seal. No blending into hood fortunately blended into the rain gutters. Looks really good.
2nd just stiff when cold, actually don't even notice it in summertime just when it gets cold outside in wintertime, goes away as soon as the gearbox is warm pretty typical.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:21 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

ttt
Old 07-14-2017, 11:30 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

To answer a few questions-the windshield is original Sigla (not Pilkington) and in good shape. I do not have the original window sticker.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:20 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

not sure I understand that statement. The original factory front windshields are etched as "SIGLA E1 Pilkington", whereas the side glass is "SEKURIT E1 Porsche".

Are you saying that the front windshield is not a "replacement" Pilkington? .... I am not familiar with replacement windshields that might have come from Pilkington, but were not factory Porsche installed,... so I'm just trying to learn here.

Thanks,
=Steve

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 (sorted) 964 Carrera 4 Manual Cpe