Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So It Begins

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Fantastic Paul, I look forward to seeing the progress. As I am putting ideas together for an interior revamp, I first thought of doing something exactly like this to get rid of the carbon fiber dash overlay the PO installed. I was looking at the Lakewell aluminum dash kit but then decided to go another route instead, and I bought an extra lower dash for my project. Now you're having me reconsider and wished I would have gone with my original idea. Your 964 keeps getting better and better, I love your updates but they're not helping my sanity nor my wallet!
Old 12-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

So impressive!
Old 12-02-2014, 12:27 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

sweet lord!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Paul,

As I put together the pieces for my project, it is the cars and threads like yours, Lemass, Black Betty, Boxey, LateforLunch, umong others that keep me in awe. The details you put into your car are truly georgeous...while I can't wait to see the finished car (if you ever can truly be finished) I eagerly await the next upgrade.
Thank you Nyalsurf,

Yes there are some fantastic cars in the 964 community and I'm delighted you think my car worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as those above. I'll look forward to seeing your's develop too. I'm hoping by the spring next year she'll be finished (apart from tinkering) and I'll be looking forward to some road trips.

Paul, that's going to look superb
Thanks James, I hope so. There will be a few issues like the glovebox, which I'd like to keep, hopefully we'll overcome them and it will all look aesthetic.

Fantastic Paul, I look forward to seeing the progress. As I am putting ideas together for an interior revamp, I first thought of doing something exactly like this to get rid of the carbon fiber dash overlay the PO installed. I was looking at the Lakewell aluminum dash kit but then decided to go another route instead, and I bought an extra lower dash for my project. Now you're having me reconsider and wished I would have gone with my original idea. Your 964 keeps getting better and better, I love your updates but they're not helping my sanity nor my wallet!
Cheers Laurent, I'm trying to to think about the money, I need to get it finished

I'm sure whatever you do will look good. The chap I bought the dash trim from also has the original Porsche vinyl (black weave embossed) to lay in the trim for anyone who is looking for a period accent on the dash.

So impressive!
sweet lord!
Thanks very much guys
Paul
Old 12-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi All,

Another couple of scratch and sniff shots, the rest of the leather which arrived yesterday.

There are full 4 hides of around 3.5 to 4.5m.sq. each. Approximately 15m.sq. required plus the basket weave 3.5m.sq. There will be some left but I want to make sure we get the best out of the hides.

There is also some black leather for the door caps and dash etc.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul,
How do you like the Coco mats?

I am thinking of picking up a set.

Also, have you installed the passenger floorboard yet? I think i want one of those too!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi SD,

The Cocoa mats are billiant, I'll never need to buy another set of mats that's for sure, and they will not move on the floor when they are down. If you look on their web site there's photo of my car on there.

If I were you I would go for sisal (a type of sea-grass) it's a nicer finish that the coco matting itself, it's a natural hard wearing fibre but it has an almost satin lustre to the fibre and not as coarse, or as much loose fibre as coco matting.

We haven't yet re-ftted the Rennline footrest, or the similar one we fabricated ourselves but here's an older photo from when I originally installed, it's the best I have at the mo sorry.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-05-2014, 09:46 AM
LPMM
Drifting

SD - I have the Rennline mats and I really like them,
Paul - The PO attached a thin aluminum sheet to the backside of the Rennline floorboards. I like it, it gives them a different look and dresses them up. Food for thought.

964-23 by LPMM66, on Flickr
Old 12-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Parman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Laurent, nice steering wheel. What type is it? Available?
Old 12-06-2014, 10:35 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Parman
Laurent, nice steering wheel. What type is it? Available?
Hi Bill, there you go . Not sure if still available in this form, although I have seen it from another manufacturer, similar but with round silver horn buttons instead which IMO don't look as good.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Streetdaddy - you might be interested in this interior combo, its virtually the same as mine but carpet is a darker share of grey - I prefer it to mine. No idea what the shade on mine or this one is but its now my fav.
http://www.attingtonclassics.co.uk/m...a-2-cabriolet/
Old 12-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Mondrian,

Thanks for posting that. I really need to redo my carpet but didn't really want to put linen back in there. The cost to switch to all black is kind of cost prohibitive. That looks pretty good. Watching Paul's build with interest.
This is a viable alternative.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

SD - I have the Rennline mats and I really like them,
Paul - The PO attached a thin aluminum sheet to the backside of the Rennline floorboards. I like it, it gives them a different look and dresses them up. Food for thought.
Hi Laurent,

That looks great! We had to make a passenger footrest as Rennline don't do one for a RHD car but we also made a backing plate for it similar to yours, so I hope it will have the same effect.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Paul,
Anymore updates on the interior work?

Did you do a lower – delete? Or is that the way cars come in Europe?

I was thinking of picking up a lower dash delete well rennline still has a sale going.

Kale
Old 12-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Paul,
Anymore updates on the interior work?

Did you do a lower – delete? Or is that the way cars come in Europe?

I was thinking of picking up a lower dash delete well rennline still has a sale going.

Kale
Hi Kale,

There won't be much more happening until next month sometime, I don't need it until March anyway so no hurry.

My dash is all stock. The lower dash on the later 964's was to house the air-bag on the passenger side, the one's without air-bags didn't have that as far as I know.

Happy Christmas

Cheers,
Paul

Quick Reply: So It Begins